It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It’s time to put yourself in someone’s virtual shoes. This Weekend Sale on GOG.COM is dedicated to captivating simulation games with discounts reaching 85%. Dive into titles like Dead In Vinland (-70%), Starpoint Gemini Warlords (-80%), and Through the Woods (-80%) before the sale ends on 13th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Bought Project Zomboid, neat assortment of titles. :)
high rated
• $0.89 • -85% • Ghost Master
• $0.89 • -85% • Tender Loving Care
• $0.97 • -86% • Thief 2: The Metal Age
• $0.97 • -86% • Thief Gold
• $0.98 • -89% • Thief 3: Deadly Shadows
• $1.19 • -80% • Parkan 2
• $1.99 • -80% • The First Tree
• $2.03 • -66% • Independence War II: Edge of Chaos
• $2.24 • -85% • Kona
• $2.99 • -50% • Parkan: Iron Strategy
• $2.99 • -50% • Parkan: The Imperial Chronicles
• $2.99 • -80% • Shelter 2
• $3.39 • -66% • The Escapists 2 - Season Pass
• $3.49 • -65% • Long Live the Queen
• $3.74 • -75% • Jazzpunk: Director's Cut
• $3.99 • -80% • Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs
• $3.99 • -80% • Amnesia: The Dark Descent
• $3.99 • -80% • Conarium
• $3.99 • -80% • Into the Stars
• $3.99 • -80% • Layers of Fear
• $3.99 • -80% • Through the Woods
• $4.24 • -75% • Among the Sleep - Enhanced Edition
• $4.59 • -80% • Through the Woods: Collector's Edition
• $4.99 • -75% • Layers of Fear 2
• $4.99 • -50% • Shelter
• $4.99 • -75% • The Escapists 2
• $5.19 • -60% • The Park
• $5.99 • -70% • Dead In Vinland
• $5.99 • -80% • SOMA
• $6.24 • -75% • Silver Chains
• $6.39 • -68% • Thief Simulator
• $6.64 • -75% • The Escapists 2: Game of the Year Edition
• $6.99 • -80% • Starpoint Gemini 2
• $6.99 • -80% • Starpoint Gemini Warlords
• $7.49 • -50% • Paws: A Shelter 2 Game
• $7.99 • -80% • Starpoint Gemini Warlords - Digital Deluxe Edition
• $8.49 • -50% • Shelter 2 Special Edition
• $8.99 • -55% • Ether One Redux
• $8.99 • -50% • Niche - a genetics survival game
• $8.99 • -50% • Paws: Pitter Patter Edition
• $9.99 • -50% • Judgment: Apocalypse Survival Simulation - Desert Edition
• $9.99 • -60% • Quern - Undying Thoughts
• $10.04 • -33% • Project Zomboid
• $11.99 • -60% • Ether One Redux Deluxe Edition
• $11.99 • -60% • LOST EMBER
• $14.99 • -50% • Blair Witch
[oops, sorry]
Post edited September 10, 2021 by ciemnogrodzianin
some of these are as far from simulations as you can get, but tender loving is a fun little fmv thriller thing with some psychological mumbo-jumbo.
NuffCatnip: Bought Project Zomboid, neat assortment of titles. :)
What is undead may never die! =P It certainly is a very appropriate title for a never-finished game.
Whenever I see the Thief games for this low a price I always think: "I should get those, everyone is always saying how good they are." Then I remember, I don't really care for stealth games. Then I look at the price again and think I should just get it anyway. Sigh, maybe if I didn't have a backlog of games to play. One of these days Thief. One of these days I might just snag you even though I don't think I will like you.
Has anyone played Layers of Fear: Inheritance?
MasterofFiction: Whenever I see the Thief games for this low a price I always think: "I should get those, everyone is always saying how good they are." Then I remember, I don't really care for stealth games.
What kinds of first-person games do you like, and which stealth games have you disliked?

(We might be able to tell you whether your instincts here are good or bad; 'cause if there's any chance of someone enjoying Thief, it'd be a heck of a shame for them to ignore it.)

----

Also: It's weird that only I-War 2 (i.e. and not its predecessor) is included in this sale, as the original feels so much more like a simulation.
Post edited September 11, 2021 by Shadowcat
Dohi64: some of these are as far from simulations as you can get, but tender loving is a fun little fmv thriller thing with some psychological mumbo-jumbo.
Thank you for that odd gem. I don't know how I never heard of that and would miss again if not your comment.
Well, okay. I guess Immersive Sims are still sims.
I'm just getting old and think of sims with the old definition.

Anyway, lots of great stuff in this list for anyone still missing some real classics mixed with more obscure classics. A nice eclectic mix.
GilesHabibula: I'm just getting old and think of sims with the old definition.
GOG has a long history of talking absolute nonsense when it comes to categorising some of their games, but never so blatantly as when they are listing titles for a "themed sale".

It used to bug me a lot, but I've learned that it's best to just ignore it.