It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 90% off the entire Nordic catalog: The Book of Unwritten Tales 1 & 2, Impossible Creatures, Darksiders I & II, Painkiller, and more!

Summer is banging on our front doors and our PCs are starting to give the turned off A/C units hopeful glances. With the inevitable heatwaves slowly coming out of their annual cooldown, better plan ahead and cool your machine down from the inside: with a <span class="bold">Nordic Game Avalanche</span>! Just pick any of these 45+ breezy games, going for up to 90% off, and give your machine a much-needed refreshment. It will love you for it.

War's epic quest for justice didn't turn out that well. In Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition, his snarkier, deadlier brother springs to action, determined to reach the truth hidden in this intricate tangle of Heaven and Hell politics. Then hack'n'slash it to Death, if need be.

The Black Mirror trilogy is the point'n'click saga of a tormented family hopelessly fighting against its dark heritage. Can you put an end to the endless stream of death and sorrow that follows you or are you doomed to help perpetuate it?

Scoop up some tasty snow cones from this <span class="bold">Nordic Game Avalanche</span> and fight the heat away. They are up to 90% off and come in over 45 flavors, including: The Book of Unwritten Tales 2, Silver, Impossible Creatures, Spellforce 2, and many more. The promo will last until May 17, 3:59 AM UTC.
blotunga: Hmm, I might pick up Impossible Creatures, however just spent 27 euros with shipping for gwent cards. My gf will kill me :D
amrit9037: What's a gwent card?
And why your gf will kill you? She is not you mom or you are not spending her money (Or are you?).
Pardon me but I don't have luxury of that thing.
Gwent.... As for her killing me, i was just joking. But i do try to keep my game buying addiction under control.
Nice promo but still waiting for Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance from Nordic.
Post edited May 13, 2016 by Matruchus
IronArcturus: Is it just the new engine that has all the issues? Does the GOG version of DS2 still have the old engine?
The original does have some issues, it has a similar issue with framerate and vsync, but nowhere near as bad, and easily fixed with something like radeonpro in my case and it doesn't save a few minor settings on shutdown (like shadow quality) but other than that, the game runs well and has never once glitched or died on me.

Deathinitive however... I don't know what they've done, if it's a new engine or just new features duct taped to it but it can't freaking stop crashing, and it's more than just crashing, the framerate is bugged up the arse, it has issues with odd collision detection messing up mechanics at times, which one can instantly notice if they've spent enough time with the original. To top it all off, the new lighting engine might be nice and all but they sucked all the vibrant colour out of the game so it now looks more blandly realistc.

the fact they've removed the original stable version from sale entirely to push this broken heap is both an insult to the original developers and to any potential new customers.
Post edited May 13, 2016 by ReynardFox
Nice games and nice prices... too bad I own most of the interesting games on Steam and Gamersgate. The only one that I want that I don't have somewhere else is Overclocked but I already have too many point'n clicks in my backlog.
Would any of the $2-3 games be worth picking up just for the soundtracks? (those that have them as bonus content)
Has Impossible Creatures an adjustable difficulty?

I've watched a few videos and the game seems to be rather hard.
I just bought all three Black Mirror games.

I would have also bought the Book of Unwritten Tales series, but since I read the developer already has some ideas in store for a sequel, I will wait until that moment . . . and have the same reflection next time. :P

I also wanted to pick up the Darksiders game, but I read that a third installment is being considered / worked on, so same story here, especially since this franchise is home to remasters, definitive editions, etc. I miss you, THQ. :'(

Oh God, I so much hate this "Wait until everything is finished." curse that I have readily bestowed upon myself.
cool
eiii: Has Impossible Creatures an adjustable difficulty?

I've watched a few videos and the game seems to be rather hard.
I want to know more about Impossible Creatures as well. I wonder if it has a Skirmish mode...
I haven't saw any option concerning difficulty.

IronArcturus: I want to know more about Impossible Creatures as well. I wonder if it has a Skirmish mode...
For what I can see in the menu, there are "Play against computer" and "Multiplayer" game modes (in addition to the singleplayer campaign of course).

I just bought the game, so I'm just discovering it, but I hope this help :)
IronArcturus: I want to know more about Impossible Creatures as well. I wonder if it has a Skirmish mode...
Splatsch: For what I can see in the menu, there are "Play against computer" and "Multiplayer" game modes (in addition to the singleplayer campaign of course).

I just bought the game, so I'm just discovering it, but I hope this help :)
That's good! Does it have a windowed mode by any chance?
IronArcturus: That's good! Does it have a windowed mode by any chance?
I looked through all the graphical options, and it seems not :/
IronArcturus: That's good! Does it have a windowed mode by any chance?
Splatsch: I looked through all the graphical options, and it seems not :/
According to the PCGamingWiki article, Impossible Creatures does have support for Windowed mode. It doesn't state how to activate it though. I can't look into it myself, since I don't have the game. Maybe it's in the config files? Maybe alt+enter works?

EDIT: Is there a launcher or anything like that? Maybe a special settings program in the game folder?
Post edited May 14, 2016 by Marioface5
Splatsch: I looked through all the graphical options, and it seems not :/
So how is the gameplay in Impossible Creatures? Is it like C&C with animals instead of tanks?
Splatsch: I haven't saw any option concerning difficulty.
Meanwhile I've tried the demo and I also haven't found a setting to change the difficulty for the campaign. Maybe the game isn't as hard as it seemed in the videos. :) At least it has a good tutorial.

Edit: Skirmish mode has a difficulty setting for the AI.

IronArcturus: So how is the gameplay in Impossible Creatures?
You can try the demo. It allows to play the tutorial, the start of the campaign and a skirmish map.
Post edited May 14, 2016 by eiii