It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A rebellious return of quality classics: Up to 75% off Evil Genius, Empire Earth Gold Edition, Darklands, and more!

Most of the time games go by their daily business peacefully, greeting each other on their way in and out of our hard drives. But leave them unnoticed for too long and these feisty fellas could very well start <span class="bold">A Rebellion of Retroism</span> that demands your immediate attention. To be fair, they have some pretty convincing arguments here, as the classics found in Rebellion's and Retroism's diverse catalogues are not to be overlooked by anyone. And did you see the discounts featured on the placards they are holding? These are a true riot.

Ruling the planet is not an easy task but you have 500.000 years to perfect your resource gathering and real-time warring techniques in order to establish your very own, stable Empire Earth. Better get started.

Why be a law-abiding, politically correct do-gooder when you can enjoy the flamboyant, colorful life of an Evil Genius? Put your world-domination plans into action, squash the meddling forces of justice that aim to thwart them, and fill your underground lair with maniacal laughter.

Ever dreamt of becoming a fighter pilot? Just jump into the cockpits of the Falcon Collection and wake up inside an experience full of the realistic dangers and thrilling intensity that comes with mastering the craft of air combat.

Get 66% off the entire Rebellion catalogue and 75% off almost every Retroism game. This is a true <span class="bold">Rebellion of Retroism</span>, featuring trailblazers like Sid Meier's Colonization, Lords of the Realm: Royal Edition, Silent Service 1+2, Darklands, and more. The promo will last until March 29, 4:59 AM GMT.
Can someone tell me, how good Empire Earth 3 is?

Because as I read, that reviews are quite negative, but I just search for a simple real-time strategy game, similar to Age of Empires or Warcraft, but don't have time, to play a single mission, that can lest more days or even weeks.

What about 7th Legion?
Post edited March 28, 2016 by op2017
vicklemos: I was like "heeeey time to grab some Falcon goodness and stuff".
Then I saw that review.... it literally shrunk my balls into tiny marbles. I thought I was a man, I thought I could do it.
No siree ;(
JudasIscariot: >4000 hours
4k hours. Yup. 4000 hours.
Pfffff... nothing compared to this guy's dad.
ps: his old man isn't even retired afaik. As a man who plays like 10 minutes of this, 20 minutes of that every now and then, I ask: HOW? HOOOOOW?! :D
JudasIscariot: >4000 hours
vicklemos: 4k hours. Yup. 4000 hours.
ps: his old man isn't even retired afaik. As a man who plays like 10 minutes of this, 20 minutes of that every now and then, I ask: HOW? HOOOOOW?! :D
Well, what was not mentioned in that review is that the tutorial is 4000 hours long :P
Post edited March 28, 2016 by JudasIscariot
igrok: Just grab Thustmaster T.Flight Stick X, it's cheap (30 EUR) and quite decent for the price. You can also use it with X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Strike Commander etc.
That's one of the few names that I spotted after a quick search, and is my most probable choice :)
But there seems to be two versions, which one would you advice ?
Stick version ? (30€) or Hotas version ? (46€) (at 46euros, I can buy it if it's interesting, and it's not a lot more expensive than the other who costs 30euros and still in my pricerange)
Post edited March 28, 2016 by Splatsch
JudasIscariot: Well, what was not mentioned in that review is that the tutorial is 4000 hours long :P
Wait what? The tutorial can be completed? :P
JudasIscariot: Well, what was not mentioned in that review is that the tutorial is 4000 hours long :P
Grargar: Wait what? The tutorial can be completed? :P
After you read the manual and manage to take off without crashing :P
I'd get a simple stick version, because it's an entry-level joystick, it takes less space and because older games may not work with extra buttons/controls (DOS games in particular assume your other hand is on the keyboard). But I haven't spent 4000 hours playing Falcon Gold :)
JudasIscariot: After you read the manual and manage to take off without crashing :P
This statement is definitely missing some ifs.
Post edited March 28, 2016 by Grargar
vicklemos: 4k hours. Yup. 4000 hours.
It's like "hey dude, I've spent 4000 hours on a game already!"
"Whoa, which one? No Man's Sky? Witcher 3 and ALL of its sidequests and dlcs?" (huehue)
"Na bro, the game has a WAY WAAAAY steep learning curve so I'm only scratching its surface; people say it takes like 30ys to master the art of the Falcon series"
"Oh btw how did you spend your 80th birthday?"
"Like the other 50 ones: trying to start the engines, configuring the joystick and...." ;D

Grargar: Wait what? The tutorial can be completed? :P
JudasIscariot: After you read the manual and manage to take off without crashing :P
It took me like 3 years to perform a *successful* brain surgery on that amiga game Life & Death.
My bodycount was something like 800 dudes. They call me dr. Vick Riviera back there ;D
Post edited March 28, 2016 by vicklemos
PincushionMan: Hey Judas, have you come across any PC spiritual successors to Covert Action? Especially ones that may not have made it overseas? Thanks!
JudasIscariot: Haha...no :/

The only way you'd get a spiritual successor to Covert Action would be to recreate the 90s game development environment as modern times are not conducive to these kind of games, unfortunately.
Sorry to hear that. With that many totally different game play modes, it could easily fall into the trap of jack-of-all-trades, master of none. But if GOG's development house needs something to do ... :)
vicklemos: It's like "hey dude, I've spent 4000 hours on a game already!"
"Whoa, which one? No Man's Sky? Witcher 3 and ALL of its sidequests and dlcs?" (huehue)
"Na bro, the game has a WAY WAAAAY steep learning curve so I'm only scratching its surface; people say it takes like 30ys to master the art of the Falcon series"
"Oh btw how did you spend your 80th birthday?"
"Like the other 50 ones: trying to start the engines, configuring the joystick and...." ;D

vicklemos: It took me like 3 years to perform a *successful* brain surgery on that amiga game Life & Death.
My bodycount was something like 800 dudes. They call me dr. Vick Riviera back there ;D
*note to self: avoid Brazil in case of health issues* :P
JudasIscariot: Haha...no :/

The only way you'd get a spiritual successor to Covert Action would be to recreate the 90s game development environment as modern times are not conducive to these kind of games, unfortunately.
PincushionMan: Sorry to hear that. With that many totally different game play modes, it could easily fall into the trap of jack-of-all-trades, master of none. But if GOG's development house needs something to do ... :)
We're a distributor, not a development house :P
Post edited March 28, 2016 by JudasIscariot
vicklemos: They call me dr. Vick Riviera back there ;D
Dr. Nick?...
https://youtu.be/M_w_n-8w3IQ
vicklemos: They call me dr. Vick Riviera back there ;D
ValamirCleaver: Dr. Nick?...
https://youtu.be/M_w_n-8w3IQ
I once tried to fix a nose bleed and the guy ended up in a severe coma for the rest of his life! :)
I once gave a thought about a wacky game related to surgical stuff, popping brains and whatnot.
Years later, some "dream dwarves" (or similar, dunno) got into my mind at night, stole my brand fresh idea and created Surgeon Simulator ;D
Yup, that could've been me but... nah ;P
Very nice selection but I already have all must-haves (23 games) from that promo - so I skip :-(
I almost forgot to do so, but I picked up a Pajama Sam 1 code.