It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I almost find their threads funny because they're so non sequitur and make zero sense even in their own context
How did he get -6 rep, I thought you could only loose 5 a day?
Nadruk: Now the clean-up will take decades.
BreOl72: Nah...once the GOG team is on it, it goes pretty quickly...yesterday it was all gone in under 10 minutes.

Edit: ohoh...he's back
Woah it's all gone already. Kudos to GOG for their efficiency.
Nadruk: Woah it's all gone already. Kudos to GOG for their efficiency.
I think when they blocked the account, those threads gets axed with it.

------------------------------------------
Felt like forever to spam report all those.
They are all gone. GONE.
*cries of happiness*
ponczo_: They are all gone. GONE.
*cries of happiness*
Just wanted to ask:

Are there any plans to prevent this? Or will we always have to get flooded first before something is done?

It is usually better to prevent problems from happening than keep responding to them after they happen.

Just my opinion.
ponczo_: They are all gone. GONE.
*cries of happiness*
thank you, now we can get back to our scheduled spam
erbello: Why don't make some daily limit of created threads per user?
How would that solve the problem? New accounts are easy and free to make.

idbeholdME: Are there any plans to prevent this? Or will we always have to get flooded first before something is done?

It is usually better to prevent problems from happening than keep responding to them after they happen.
What is your suggested solution for preventing it?
idbeholdME: Just wanted to ask:

Are there any plans to prevent this? Or will we always have to get flooded first before something is done?

Just my opinion.
We understand your frustration and we are very sorry for all of this happening. From my side I can only assue all of you that we are working on the best possible solution for that problem.
idbeholdME: Just wanted to ask:

Just my opinion.
ponczo_: We understand your frustration and we are very sorry for all of this happening. From my side I can only assue all of you that we are working on the best possible solution for that problem.
Hiring a hitman for the parties responsible?
Bookwyrm627: How would that solve the problem? New accounts are easy and free to make.
Maybe it would not solve problem completely, but still, the Captcha on Register Page could decrease the speed of making spam a lot.
Bookwyrm627: How would that solve the problem? New accounts are easy and free to make.

idbeholdME: Are there any plans to prevent this? Or will we always have to get flooded first before something is done?

Bookwyrm627: What is your suggested solution for preventing it?
There are many possible ways that could stop or at least hamper the bots. Other forums have done it, so why not GOG?
Post edited August 27, 2019 by idbeholdME
low rated
BreOl72: Wow...

In the time, it took me to click (-) and then click "report as spam" on the pictured spam-threads - four new spam-threads got posted.
Reminds me of the terribad Yahoo forums...
erbello: Maybe it would not solve problem completely, but still, the Captcha on Register Page could decrease the speed of making spam a lot.
*shrug* That might help, or it might not. Some of the recent-ish spam has left me wondering if the spammer has some humans out there getting paid to post spam. A simple assembly line where one dude's entire job is to create new accounts could probably blow through the account creation process pretty quickly.

I (literally) don't know if it would do more harm than good.

idbeholdME: There are many possible ways that could stop or at least hamper the bots. Other forums have done it, so why not GOG?
"They did it, why can't you?" is a supremely unhelpful suggestion. :P

GOG has tried a few solutions over the years, some of which have done massively more harm than good.
not gone. maybe this is a new attack?