It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Patch 4.02 for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is now available on GOG! Among various fixes, it also improves the overall stability and performance of the game.

Here are the most notable changes that we can expect from this latest update for the CD PROJEKT RED’s masterpiece:
Improved CPU core utilization in the DX 12 version.
Restored horizon-based ambient occlusion. Players who had previously turned Ambient Occlusion off will need to do so again. You can find it in Options → Video → Graphics.
Fixed an issue where the "My Rewards" section was not localized in REDlauncher.
Fixed an issue with a flickering landscape in Toussaint that occurred when NVIDIA HairWorks was disabled.
Fixed an issue related to particle optimization which could result in temporary stuttering.
Improved immersion of water appearance by adding refraction to SSR and ray-traced reflections.
Fixed a visual issue with brick textures where black artifacts covered stone arches.
Added a Motion Blur slider. It can be found in Options → Video → Graphics.
”Battle Preparations” quest - Fixed the lack of a dialogue option that would progress the quest during the objective "Let Avallac'h know everything's ready."
”Reason of State” quest - Fixed an issue where the door to the warehouse could become permanently locked if the player knocked, entered and then immediately left the building.
”Scavenger Hunt: Cat School Gear Upgrade Diagrams Part 1” quest - Fixed an issue where the quest could stay active even after the diagrams were looted.
Fixed an issue where trying to start a New Game+ on an incompatible save would block the player from starting the expansions in standalone mode until the game was restarted.

Jump straight into the Northern Realms and check it out! Full list of changes is available HERE
arrua: That´s not the point. The point is that having DRM in the flagship games of a supposedly DRM-free store, is preposterous.
SitcomAntibody: I agree. I was merely providing a very simple method to easily bypass the DRM and allow you to enjoy the game.
But as I said, I don´t want to enjoy it.
And to think i tought to mysellf oh finally they will remove that DRM crap that was not necessary at all ... seems that i gave you guys to much credit ... funny how this platform that not long ago made one of the biggest anti-drm campaings and now the hypocrisy level regards DRM is over 9000. " DRM Free " platform that literally pushes a DRM client in people's faces ... trying to be Steam of some kind ... even Epic hasn't managed to get to Steam's level, with all those free games the've given each month and you want to somehow be a client platform at that level =)). I understand the need for some games to have somekind of server for multiplayer client, but DRM-ing in on a single player experience is not acceptable at all. If you want to attract a new customer base and players, stick to what made you different and better than any other platforms.
Post edited March 14, 2023 by lixicus
Though not a fan of the Witcher games I do agree with others in this thread that the "My Rewards" should be offered as an offline Installer also so people do not feel forced to use a client that is claiming to be purely optional.
arrua: Very much this. Yes.

GOG, remove the DRM from the game. I will never by Witcher 3 nor Cyberpunk as long as they have that nonsense in them.
SitcomAntibody: I can't comment on The Witcher, but for Cyberpunk, run CET and the following commands:

Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Katana_GoG",1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.GOG_DLC_Jacket",1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.GOG_DLC_TShirt",1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.GOG_Galaxy_TShirt",1)

Done, you now have the Galaxy items, without galaxy :-)
Sorry, but I need to ask an obvious question: What is CET and how/where do you issue these commands?
Why is this in the General Discussion forum and not the Witcher 3 specific one?
arrua: The point is that having DRM in the flagship games of a supposedly DRM-free store, is preposterous.
Adding insult to the injury, the DRM was added postmortem (of the original realease).
Post edited March 14, 2023 by NotMyGOG
Cymepa: Sorry, but I need to ask an obvious question: What is CET and how/where do you issue these commands?
CET is Cyber Engine Tweaks. You can find more informations here:
https://wiki.redmodding.org/cyber-engine-tweaks/
GOG.com: Patch 4.02 for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is now available on GOG! Among various fixes, it also improves the overall stability and performance of the game.

Here are the most notable changes that we can expect from this latest update for the CD PROJEKT RED’s masterpiece:
Improved CPU core utilization in the DX 12 version.
Restored horizon-based ambient occlusion. Players who had previously turned Ambient Occlusion off will need to do so again. You can find it in Options → Video → Graphics.
Fixed an issue where the "My Rewards" section was not localized in REDlauncher.
Fixed an issue with a flickering landscape in Toussaint that occurred when NVIDIA HairWorks was disabled.
Fixed an issue related to particle optimization which could result in temporary stuttering.
Improved immersion of water appearance by adding refraction to SSR and ray-traced reflections.
Fixed a visual issue with brick textures where black artifacts covered stone arches.
Added a Motion Blur slider. It can be found in Options → Video → Graphics.
”Battle Preparations” quest - Fixed the lack of a dialogue option that would progress the quest during the objective "Let Avallac'h know everything's ready."
”Reason of State” quest - Fixed an issue where the door to the warehouse could become permanently locked if the player knocked, entered and then immediately left the building.
”Scavenger Hunt: Cat School Gear Upgrade Diagrams Part 1” quest - Fixed an issue where the quest could stay active even after the diagrams were looted.
Fixed an issue where trying to start a New Game+ on an incompatible save would block the player from starting the expansions in standalone mode until the game was restarted.

Jump straight into the Northern Realms and check it out! Full list of changes is available HERE
I wish I can give a dislike / thumb down for patching up the exploit that allow players to obtain and use Ciri's sword. People find the exploit and it does not really break the game in any way except for some fun, that should not be "fixed", shame on you CDPR...
I guess GOG/CD Projekt is in the business of "No DRM, except when it's convenient for our own games"
SitcomAntibody: I can't comment on The Witcher, but for Cyberpunk, run CET and the following commands:

Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Katana_GoG",1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.GOG_DLC_Jacket",1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.GOG_DLC_TShirt",1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.GOG_Galaxy_TShirt",1)

Done, you now have the Galaxy items, without galaxy :-)
foad01: For the Witcher 3 armor set there are the following console commands:

additem('Dol Blathanna Armor')
additem('Dol Blathanna Boots')
additem('Dol Blathanna Gloves')
additem('Dol Blathanna Pants')
additem('Dol Blathanna longsword')
additem('White Widow of Dol Blathanna')
Thanks, noted for future reference :)
Cymepa: Sorry, but I need to ask an obvious question: What is CET and how/where do you issue these commands?
foad01: CET is Cyber Engine Tweaks. You can find more informations here:
https://wiki.redmodding.org/cyber-engine-tweaks/
Ah, very nice. Thanks a bunch!
GOG.com: Patch 4.02 for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is now available on GOG! Among various fixes, it also improves the overall stability and performance of the game.
Please can we have the hotfix for 40 series cards added to the offline installer downloads before the weekend.
GOG.com: Patch 4.02
PLEASE REPEAT

Join Geralt in the world of Fortnite and discover the School of Llama!

It's too late now!