It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No Man’s Sky hardly needs any introduction. It’s a sandbox action-adventure survival game developed and published by Hello Games that managed to capture the hearts of space exploration lovers all over the world!

And as the year is coming to an end, creators of the game decided to re-ran this year’s expeditions - a series of limited-time events that start at a fixed point in the universe and allows the community to embark on an incredible shared journeys - in a reduxed format over to give people another chance to experience these events and reap the rewards when time is perhaps a little more available.

Alongside that, we’ve launched a special -50% Black Friday discount on the game so you can jump right into that fun and save some money while doing so! The offer lasts until November 30th, 11 PM UTC.

Now, let’s look at what adventures will await you.

Expedition 5 (Exobiology): available from November 24th to December 8th.
It is focused primarily on discovering and interacting with the strange and varied alien creatures inhabiting the universe. This one places all expeditioners on a lonely star system devoid of wildlife, but with a towering bipedal creature companion to accompany them.

Expedition 6 (Blighted): available from December 8th to December 22nd.
The Blighted aligned with the piratical theme of the Outlaws update release. Travelers will follow the trail of a pirate faction known as The Blight and their mysterious treasure, gathering clues and decrypting milestones.

Expedition 7 (Leviathan): available from December 22nd to January 5th.
Leviathan traps Travelers inside a time loop, and offers a taste of roguelike gameplay. Difficulty is tuned to survival mode settings, and every death means a reset of the loop.

Expedition 8 (Polestar): available from January 5th to January 18th.
Polestar offers Travelers the chance to embark on an interstellar cruise. Repair the freighter’s unique technology, uncover its mysterious past, and journey across the galaxy at its helm.

Rewards for these expeditions include the Exotic Wingpack customisation, the Helios and Quad Companions, and the legendary Leviathan Frigate – along with much more! It’s high time to return to the infinite procedurally generated universe of No Man’s Sky!
high rated
To GOG Team: please update the system requirements for No Man's Sky official store page. As it stands, it can be a little misleading.

I'm a Windows 7 user and an avid lover of this game. I can confirm that since the Waypoint 4.05 update introduced on October 21st, 2022, crossplay multiplayer and multiplayer in general no longer support Windows 7 and Windows 8 users, sadly. :( The game still runs beautifully in single player mode and remains fun to play, but even with Galaxy, multiplayer support has been allegedly dropped for W7 and W8. See attached screenshot of the dialog box I am greeted with each time I launch No Man's Sky.

Much appreciated. Thx! ;)
Attachments:
Matterbandit:

Sheesh, that's lousy! I am starting to regret purchasing NMS more and more. I *finally* have decent internet, but I was on 56k modem dialup until 2016, then LTE broadband which only got 300 kilobytes per second download speed until 2019. I don't trust any games that require internet, so I have a few Steam-exclusive games but... GOG, what the heck are you doing?

Plus, I hate seasonal content. I am pressured enough in life and work without my "games" having deadlines!

Borderlands 3 at least made all seasonal content selectable from the main menu, and Deep Rock Galactic is just cosmetic upgrades (with promises that it will be like Borderlands 3 down the line in case of missing out).

EDIT:

Did someone screw something else on this godforsaken website up? Why am I listed as a "New User", I have been posting for years...?
Post edited November 26, 2022 by eddee
eddee: Why am I listed as a "New User", I have been posting for years...?
It is just the default text if you haven't entered anything. Click on the tiny "My Settings" at the top of forum pages (not the "orders & settings" page but the one just on the forum next to "help"). The box on the left changes that text. You can also increase the number of posts you see on a page some (although not enough :/), which can save quite a bit of time.
Reglisse: May I play these expeditions forever if I download the offline installer or those are Online Only?
I ask because It's a long time since I played No Man's Sky ^^
soosgjr: As far as I can recall, you have to be connected to the online services (so have Galaxy running) for the game to be able to download the JSON file for the expedition, you should be able to go offline afterwards. I haven't tried it myself, but in theory you should be able to keep playing the expedition by staying offline and changing the system clock even after it expires.
Yes, I always start the Expeditions through galaxy, save the game as soon as it lets me, and then I exit the game, close galaxy, start the game without galaxy, and play the rest of the Expedition offline :)

Would be better if it let us start the Expeditions completely offline. Hopefully someday in the future they will add them all as a permanent addition for offline play, maybe when they have finished adding content and moved on to a new game :)