It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grab the wheel of your truck and deliver precious cargo to the far corners of the world. 8 games from the 18 Wheels of Steel series are now available on GOG.COM. Board multiple trucks and feel the power and adrenaline of driving terrains that no sane trucker would take on!

All 8 of 18 Wheels of Steel titles are available on GOG.COM 33% off until 5th February 2021, 2 PM UTC. The same 33% discount rises if you buy two (-40%) or at least three (-50%) games from this set.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Splatsch: A big thanks to everyone who gave feedback and aswers here (not only to me), that really helped me to see a bit more clear and decide, and I really appreciate :)
And I keep in memory "Scania Truck Driving Simulator" who sounds really good !
(...) Now, I wish that we could have "Scania Truck Driving Simulator" and "Euro Truck Simulator 2" ! :D
(...) Yes, I see your "big" message :)
Hello Splatsch!
Yeah, from me a big thanks, as well. The feedback of the other users made me a happy owner of the 18 Wheel series!

And thanks, for the confirmation on my recent [not so small] message!

Although, I already have two DRM-free versions of "Scania Truck Driving Simulator" (one on DVD, one digital), I would get it again here on GOG.com. For those interested, just keep in mind, that it does not feature any economy part/simulation and is rather technical from its advanced driving challenges.
(I showed the game and its dangerous drives missions to a friend who is a truck driver in the real world, and he responded, that he would not ever attempt to do some of them in reality. He would rather get out of the Truck and wait for the way to clear up.) ;-)

Kind regards,
foxgog
foxgog: Hello Splatsch!
Yeah, from me a big thanks, as well. The feedback of the other users made me a happy owner of the 18 Wheel series!
Same here :)

foxgog: And thanks, for the confirmation on my recent [not so small] message!
No problem ! Sometimes, the forum is "slow" to update when you post a message !

foxgog: Although, I already have two DRM-free versions of "Scania Truck Driving Simulator" (one on DVD, one digital), I would get it again here on GOG.com. For those interested, just keep in mind, that it does not feature any economy part/simulation and is rather technical from its advanced driving challenges.
(I showed the game and its dangerous drives missions to a friend who is a truck driver in the real world, and he responded, that he would not ever attempt to do some of them in reality. He would rather get out of the Truck and wait for the way to clear up.) ;-)

Kind regards,
foxgog
That's really interesting !
(Ahah X) that's what videogames are for : trying things you wouldn't/can't in life ;))
Cheers ! :)
Splatsch: (...)
(Ahah X) that's what videogames are for : trying things you wouldn't/can't in life ;))
Cheers ! :)
Hello Splatsch!
Yes, absolutely! I myself do have the driving license for (smaller) trucks, only up to 7,5 t and no trailer attached to them.
So, yes, virtually driving those vehicles which I am neither legally allowed to nor have the necessary pocketmoney to support it is one valid motivation for playing those games. And I even make up with the lack of an actual steering wheel!
Another one is doing some crazy stuff, the kind of which I would not ever think of in real life, epecially, if risking myself or others would be involved by doing so.
Kind regards,
foxgog
SCS - just same dev as any other (dovetail with they Train Simulator). They want DRM and 100500' DLCs. But any game prior to ETS2\ATS... Only if right to publishing sold to someone. And that is possible.

American Long Haul not a best game in series definitely. Main reason not in previuos games - in case of playing some superior game in genre - better switch to first Euro Track or something like that (Truck n Trailers, Scania Trcuk_ etc). More oldest 18 WoS game can give player something else. Although maybe ALH also have some features... Hmm... I dont know, still maybe Haulin better.
As i expected now it cost even less than on that promo
http://www.gog.com/game/18_wheels_of_steel_collection_2
http://www.gog.com/game/18_wheels_of_steel_collection_1

(at least for Russia). Now i wait for -20\30% for bundles and buy it for cents. :|
QWEEDDYZ: As i expected now it cost even less than on that promo
(...) (at least for Russia). Now i wait for -20\30% for bundles and buy it for cents. :|
Hello QWEEDDYZ!

Maybe it is a regional prize difference? Where I am currently residing both 18 Wheels collections no. 1 and 2 together are cheaper (40% discount) than adding each individual game all together (2x 9,16 usd=18,32 usd vs. 7x 3,84 + 1x 3,99 usd=30,87 usd).
But I got the series for the 50% discount by buying them in two chunks each of three games for a total of 11,59 usd, only excluding Hard Truck and the first Extreme Trucker for they did not interest me enough. Even if I would have included them it would have amounted to only 15,36 usd (Valusoft sale) vs. 18,32 usd (the current two collections sum).

It is true, that you will mostlikely get a better deal, if you are willing to wait. However there are already examples of games where their discounts took quite a while (a year or two) to return or surpass the initial sales offer from their re-release here on GOG.com, and others still have not surpassed their initial discount.

And in case of these 18 Wheels of Steel collection you have to get the entire bundle(s), even if you might not be interested in each title! Hence, I considered the "Buy three or more for a better (here 50%) discount"-deal worthwhile.

One final note regarding both 18 Wheels collections: I think the distribution of the eight games in these bundles only by their chronological release date is not beneficial for someone entirely new to the series, because of the incremental changes introduced in each title. They put the games each in pairs of more closer similarity or almost equal experience together. ("Hard Truck", "Across America" and "Pedal to the Metal" share more similarities with each other, and likewise "Haulin'" and "American Long Haul", as well as both "Extreme Truckers", are each too similar pairs!)
Propably, I would have put "Hard Truck", "Convoy", "American Long Haul" (or "Haulin'") and "Extreme Truckers (1)" in one collection, while composing the second collection of "Across America", "Pedal to the Metal", "Extreme Truckers 2" and include the other one of the pair "Haulin'" or "American Long Haul".
But such collections or bundles are always going to be a hit or miss depending on whom you are asking.

Kind regards,
foxgog
Post edited February 06, 2021 by foxgog
QWEEDDYZ: As i expected now it cost even less than on that promo
http://www.gog.com/game/18_wheels_of_steel_collection_2
http://www.gog.com/game/18_wheels_of_steel_collection_1

(at least for Russia). Now i wait for -20\30% for bundles and buy it for cents. :|
Yep, unbelievable isn't it.

I forget what the full collection price was - $70 AUD maybe???

But individually they were $9.79 AUD on sale, which equates to $78.32 AUD.

With those two collections at $35.95 AUD each, that adds up to $71.90 AUD.

Now they are all $14.50 AUD each.

So those two collections are looking good for a sale.

P.S. And the two I was most interested in are in the same collection. :)
Post edited February 06, 2021 by Timboli
Splatsch: Oh great ! I always wanted to try these games !!
Hum.... which ones would be advised to buy in priority ? (and eventually, which ones to avoid ?)
Avoid Convoy, it's generally considered the worst of the series.
Which on is the best? I don't really know, they're all similar.

I kinda like Bus Simulator, the passengers would all scream in terror when you brake hard or make a mistake.

edit:
*Bus Driver
Post edited February 06, 2021 by Strijkbout
Well, at least they do a good split:
olds and newest. For those who wants nostalgia - they can buy only Bundle 1.

Unfortunately there is no good GOG Db. gogdb org abandoned\bugged, gog-db fork closed, same as Magog and GoGwiki. There is no price compare site for GOG, not even current prices (and no history).

Promo discount price -50% cost more for Russia (we have -47% actually) than current bundles. I guess first that -50% is a series bundle discount that stay after promo end = fake promo. Publisher choose another way and better than whole series bundle. And with better price than on promo.
Post edited February 06, 2021 by QWEEDDYZ