It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

muntdefems: And here it is! :)
hummer010: If only it was part of the sale!
It is now 66% off. (^_^)

The Signal from Tölva looks very interesting. It certainly seems to surpass the studio's previous game (Sir, You Are Being Hunted). One positive attribute of the 'Unity' game engine is that it is relatively simple to provide Linux 'support'. I am happy that Big Robot has chosen to do so. :)
Meanwhile, "Pillars of Eternity II" have changed compatibility to Windows-only
Alm888: Meanwhile, "Pillars of Eternity II" have changed compatibility to Windows-only
What?? As a backer, I'll be seriously upset if Obsidian will blow this one.
Alm888: Meanwhile, "Pillars of Eternity II" have changed compatibility to Windows-only
I wouldn't worry too much about that. There's been a lot of changes in system compatibility for many games during these last few days:
https://gogdb.yepoleb.me/changelog-ext
Probably another big-sale-related glithc.

Palestine: It is now 66% off. (^_^)
And now it's in my library! :D
Post edited November 24, 2017 by muntdefems
high rated
>observer_ now has a Linux version too :)
JudasIscariot: >observer_ now has a Linux version too :)
Woooooooooooooooo!!! \o/
Palestine: It is now 66% off. (^_^)
Purchased :)

JudasIscariot: >observer_ now has a Linux version too :)
Wishlisted!

This is interesting. We now have a couple of Aspyr games here - does this open things up for the Aspyr port of KOTOR 2?
Post edited November 24, 2017 by hummer010
hummer010: This is interesting. We now have a couple of Aspyr games here - does this open things up for the Aspyr port of KOTOR 2?
These are controlled by Aspyr, but situation with KoTOR 2 is way more messed up. It involves Apple and Disney to boot. Out of these, I suspect Apple is the main culprit that's blocking it. See here.
Post edited November 24, 2017 by shmerl
hummer010: This is interesting. We now have a couple of Aspyr games here - does this open things up for the Aspyr port of KOTOR 2?
well, exactly 2 to be exact :)
and for both of them Aspyr is only the publisher, not the developer

I would be quite optimistic for further titles from Bloober Team (who is the developers for both of these titles).
Not sure I would get my hopes up for any titles developed by Aspyr ...
This is probably just means they expecting Windows on release, and other platforms follow later. I think if there is some problems with non-win build, developers more prefer to go forward with windows then to postpone release date.

But i believe in Obsidian, they delivered both POE and Tyranny for Lin\Mac.
shmerl: These are controlled by Aspyr, but situation with KoTOR 2 is way more messed up. It involves Apple and Disney to boot. Out of these, I suspect Apple is the main culprit that's blocking it. See here.
Why should Apple prevent the release of a port of a 15 year old game on another storefront? They don't care about games anyway and only secure 'exclusive rights' to showcase certain API features during a keynote presentation.

As far as I know both Aspyr and Feral were never forced to only release a port on the (Mac) App Store. It's their own decision based on economic considerations.

Jade Empire for macOS was never released on Steam because Aspyr only makes money off of the Mac and mobile port . Just look a KotOR 1: it was also released on Android -- a direct competitor to iOS.

KotOR II for Linux is on Steam as well, another competing storefront. I guess the main reason for missing GOG versions is simply due to piracy concerns by both Aspyr and Disney.
Redfern: This is probably just means they expecting Windows on release, and other platforms follow later. I think if there is some problems with non-win build, developers more prefer to go forward with windows then to postpone release date.
But i believe in Obsidian, they delivered both POE and Tyranny for Lin\Mac.
Previously Obsidian made "Day-1" Linux releases and the engine used is, I believe, Unity3D which should be well known to them by this point; so I see no reasons for Obsidian to postpone Linux and Mac releases. IMO, this is more relevant to GOG's quirks (maybe, GOG can not provide enough QA for the game by the launch day and we know how proud GOG is about it's level of support and quality).
blackfeld: Why should Apple prevent the release of a port of a 15 year old game on another storefront?
Because they are Apple. Messing up others is their routine. See what Icculus has to say about them.

blackfeld: I guess the main reason for missing GOG versions is simply due to piracy concerns by both Aspyr and Disney.
That makes no sense, Disney already released both KoTOR games here (just not the Asypyr's versions). And Aspyr said in the past they are interested in GOG release. That's why I suspect Apple is the cause of this mess.
Post edited November 26, 2017 by shmerl
blackfeld: Why should Apple prevent the release of a port of a 15 year old game on another storefront?
shmerl: Because they are Apple. Messing up others is their routine. See what Icculus has to say about them.

blackfeld: I guess the main reason for missing GOG versions is simply due to piracy concerns by both Aspyr and Disney.
shmerl: That makes no sense, Disney already released both KoTOR games here (just not the Asypyr's versions). And Aspyr said in the past they are interested in GOG release. That's why I suspect Apple is the cause of this mess.
There is a big difference between Disney being the (main) publisher of Windows/console versions and license/trademark holder and Aspyr, which is only the publisher of the Mac/Linux/iOS/Android versions.

Aspyr has to pay for the rights to port and publish Disney's IPs to macOS/Linux and mobile and they only get paid when someone buys one of these platform-specific ports.

The concept of SteamPlay or similar "buy once, play on all devices" is not really working for Aspyr and Feral because they don't get a cut of the Windows purchases.

KotOR 1's Mac version is on Steam, Aspyr released its port both on Android and iOS. Apple doesn't get a 30 % cut off of the Steam release, the same applies to Google Play. KotOR II: The Sith Lords Remastered has been released on Steam for all platforms (Windows/Mac/Linux) -- with Aspyr being the publisher and porter.

Apple does not prevent Aspyr or Feral to release their ports on competing storefronts. There's no evidence or proof of that. Ask EddeDuck or AspyrBlair, they will tell you the same.

I'm pretty sure the only reason for them not releasing ports on GOG (self-published titles like Layers of Fear or Observer being the exception) is money. GOG is a relatively small and European-centric storefront, and it's DRM-free. There's no way to "protect" a relatively expensive Mac/Linux port of an older game.

People still pay good money for Aspyr's ports of the Monkey Island: Special Edition, KotOR or Jade Empire on the Mac App Store. Selling the same titles for a few bucks during a Steam or GOG sale is not a very attractive option for a porting company.
blackfeld: KotOR 1's Mac version is on Steam, Aspyr released its port both on Android and iOS. Apple doesn't get a 30 % cut off of the Steam release, the same applies to Google Play. KotOR II: The Sith Lords Remastered has been released on Steam for all platforms (Windows/Mac/Linux) -- with Aspyr being the publisher and porter.
You are missing one point. When Aspyr were releasing it on Steam, they negotiated that with Apple. I.e. they listed all stores they planned to release it in. Apple agreed. Now to release it on GOG, Aspyr probably have to re-negotiate with all distributors which includes Apple (that depends on how the contract was written). And Apple being Apple can just jerk out and say "we don't want any more stores added, get lost'.

The fact that they need to re-negotiate with current distributors to release it on GOG is something Aspyr support rep answered me, when I asked why KoTOR 2 isn't here yet. I don't know how accurate that answer is, but it can as well be correct.

blackfeld: Ask EddeDuck or AspyrBlair, they will tell you the same.
Did you ask them that? They avoid answering this question, except saying that they themselves are interested in releasing games on GOG (hinting that the blocker is not theirs). I got the answer from their tech support team, not from the marketing one.
Post edited November 26, 2017 by shmerl