It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We've listed all the games those kool-aid chugging casuals had the gall to prefer. Now its time spotlight the games that had enough fanboy fanfare and snooty hipster hate for it to be neither underrated or overrated, but instead, levelrated... or what ever word you would use...

Anyway, MY game would have to be Halo 1. It has received enough of both yays and nays for it to be relinquished of its prior "overrated" status. With that I can finally live in peace and tranquility. Ahhh... Whats that? Someone just said Halo is the worst fps ever on some obscure forum? NOOOO!!! Now its underrated! WAAAH!!!
From what I can tell, Big Rigs is level-rated; the game was essentially released in an early state of its development, before they had implemented rather fundamental features like collision detection.

Action 52, judging from videos, might be slightly underrated, but only slightly. It still isn't a good game and is definitely not worth the $200 the developers were asking for.

I wouldn't expect either game to appear on gog.com ever; Action 52 never got an official PC release, and Big Rigs would likely be rejected by gog.com.

Of course, Big Rigs can still be funny for a short time, just to see how hilarious some of the glitches are.
Level rated games... Anything level-5.... although i can't say any of them are overrated or what you're talking about.
rtcvb32: Level rated games... Anything level-5.... although i can't say any of them are overrated or what you're talking about.
Well... Middle-rated games i dunno, whatever you'd use to describe something between over and under :/
You don't need to yell, I already have a headache.

But I might put forward GTA4. Read the reviews and it's non stop ten out of tens, talk to any gamer you would think Rockstar kicked their dog.
Gengar78: Well... Middle-rated games i dunno, whatever you'd use to describe something between over and under :/
A bridge?

If i don't make much sense, i think my brain is on auto pilot right now...
Post edited October 07, 2015 by rtcvb32
Kane & Lynch.
After playing it some, I'm going to say Darksiders 2.

I don't know how to describe it other than that it's a Videogame's videogame. It borrows many elements from its predecessors: The Prince of Persia acrobatics, the God of War combat, the Zelda-esque dungeons, to name a few. In fact, it borrows these elements so much that they're used like puzzle pieces to the whole. There's really not much originality to make Darksiders 2 its own game, but hey, it kept me entertained throughout.

I don't regret playing it, yet I don't feel the urge to play it any more than I already have. That's pretty level-rated for me.
That's a deceptively difficult question, actually :P

Even some games I absolutely adore I have to admit are a little overrated, or I think are underrated. I'm not sure I can think of one that's "level."
jefequeso: That's a deceptively difficult question, actually :P

Even some games I absolutely adore I have to admit are a little overrated, or I think are underrated. I'm not sure I can think of one that's "level."
Well that's an easy problem to solve. All you have to do is hate on the overrated games more and give more love to the underrated games. Do that enough and then eventually everything will level out! ^_^
I just thought of one...

Shadowrun Returns

I think (at least from my own feelings, and from those I've seen here of others) everyone has been able to acknowledge the shortcomings of the game while still thoroughly enjoying it for what it is, what it does and how it brings us back into a wonderful world of Turn-Based Shadowrun RPG goodness.

I've seen so many balanced impressions of the game, more so than any other I think.
Never played Big Rigs, but I thought the review was funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB1zWEhgrLs
BlueMooner: Never played Big Rigs, but I thought the review was funny.
Hmmm reminds me, although i can't find the video of spoony playing big rigs... Maybe it was someone else...

Anyways, there's LGR's 17 worst PC games from back in 2010, and big rigs is number 1 on that list...
Civ: BE?

Some of the issues were just nostalgia, but it did have a lot of legitimate design concerns IMO.

Not sure how or if the expansion fixed it.
BlueMooner: Never played Big Rigs, but I thought the review was funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB1zWEhgrLs
The same guy did a speedrun at AGDQ (Awful Games Done Quick) 2015.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYSK3flmrHI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz1yqfajUVs

Edit: Added a second link to the same run
Post edited October 14, 2015 by dtgreene