It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SCPM: Seems like GOG widgets are now (or will be) a thing:
https://dribbble.com/shots/4038133-GOG-com-Widget
The link mentions 2 sites that have the widgets, but they aren't showing up for me yet. Not sure if it's because it's not live yet, or if it's something with my browser.
I see the Widgets just fine on MS Edge...

Now I wonder where we can send our critique of it... overall it's not bad, but it could use some more padding on the buy button (text is way to close to the border).
SCPM: Still nothing for me. I'm on Firefox 57.0.1, on OS X v10.9.5, I don't have any ad-blockers or any other plugins installed.

Also, is the 'About GOG' page new? At the least, it's different from what they had before.
https://www.gog.com/about_gog
adaliabooks: It also seems to be linked from the nav bar under About now, which I don't remember previously.
Right. Previously, clicking "About" on the new nav bar would take one to the Galaxy page, and there wasn't even a link to an actual "about us" page anywhere in that "About" dropdown menu.

As an aside: I find it kinda funny that they show the likes of Capcom (2 games here) and Bandai Namco (1 game [plus DLC] here) in their list of partners, while omitting Interplay (48 games here). Presumably it's because Interplay isn't even relevant in the industry nowadays, apart from a few of the IPs they control, but it's still kinda odd.
HunchBluntley: As an aside: I find it kinda funny that they show the likes of Capcom (2 games here) and Bandai Namco (1 game [plus DLC] here) in their list of partners, while omitting Interplay (48 games here). Presumably it's because Interplay isn't even relevant in the industry nowadays, apart from a few of the IPs they control, but it's still kinda odd.
Another aside, nothing there about pricing. Not even about the fair price package.
high rated
The vote counter on the game cards has been removed.

@GOG: Why did you remove these counters?

It's quite a difference for the relevance of the rating if a game has 10 or 1000 votes. Please revert this change!
eiii: ...
Thanks for bringing this up. Let's wait if this is a bug, if not I'll add it to the change list.
Post edited December 31, 2017 by DeMignon
eiii: The vote counter on the game cards has been removed.

It's quite a difference for the relevance of the rating if a game has 10 or 1000 votes. Please revert this change!
No kidding... But yeah, let's see if anyone will reply first.

Yeah I don't know why they would remove it. It lets you know the sample size of the votes so it's helpful when looking at the game page.
Agreed.

My preferred form of in-GOG buyer feedback is negative written reviews (because even genuine positive ones can be written through nostalgia glasses while the negative ones tend to give an honest assessment of the things I may or may not be able to ignore).

However, when there aren't enough negative written reviews to get a feel for something, the sample size is an essential part of telling whether a low star rating is because a game is utter trash (only DLC and separately-priced soundtracks get actual low ratings on GOG) or because there may be another edition that all the reviews went to.

(ie. If I'm accidentally looking at the wrong edition, the sample size is the only thing which might prompt me to keep looking for a reason to buy it.)
Transparency is obviously not desired here. Therefore we won't get filter functions for the reviews and have to click through the euphoric 5-star-reviews till getting to the interesting stuff.

Another thing I noticed: On the front page the number of forum replies is not displayed anymore for the news entries under HEADLINES. (In the past after "xx days ago" the number of forum replies was displayed)
ChrisSZ: Transparency is obviously not desired here. Therefore we won't get filter functions for the reviews and have to click through the euphoric 5-star-reviews till getting to the interesting stuff.
That just reduces the chance I'll buy anything.

I start from a position of "the product is terrible" and "the reviewers are shills" whenever I'm making a buying decision.
Post edited January 02, 2018 by ssokolow

From what I know it was intentional, but temporary - our top men will bring it back. :)

Johny.: From what I know it was intentional, but temporary - our top men will bring it back. :)
I'm sure the explanation about why that was seen as necessary would be... interesting.
But more importantly, any ETA on the bringing back?
And what about the removal of the number of comments to news articles on the front page?
Johny.: From what I know it was intentional, but temporary - our top men will bring it back. :)
Cavalary: I'm sure the explanation about why that was seen as necessary would be... interesting.
But more importantly, any ETA on the bringing back?
And what about the removal of the number of comments to news articles on the front page?
I have no ETA for this, there's a bug to be fixed there. :) And it's the same deal with the number of comments for news articles.

We rarely give an ETA I think. I did this a few times for things that I were to fix, or were already fixed and waiting for deployment. :) Even then I sometimes missed a day!
Johny.: From what I know it was intentional, but temporary
Good to hear that it's not a permanent change. Thanks for the reply!
I'm also curious what kind of bug has caused this change. :)

Johny.: our top men will bring it back. :)
Then we perhaps already will have it back for the next Christmas sale. :P
The interesting thing about it is that the number of comments still shows up in the page source but seems to be commented out.