It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The release of 2023’s System Shock – the fully fledged remake of the groundbreaking original from 1994 is almost here!

We simply cannot wait and to ease our anticipation, we’ve decided to do a stream marathon of playing the previous, original entries of this legendary franchise! Join us today (May 29th) at 10 AM UTC on our Twitch Channel, where various awesome streamers will continuously face SHODAN.

Moreover, on May 30th, 11 PM UTC, Kilg0re_Tr0ut will be joined on our channel by Stephen Kick and Larry Kuperman from the Night Dive Studios to talk about 2023’s System Shock and then finally sinking his teeth into it!

See you all in the chat and if you haven’t already, make sure to pre-order System Shock right now to receive System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition for free once it's released!
Stream is live now.
They're pushin this release pretty hard.
Hopefully the game will live up to expectations.
I kind of want tot try the OG, but ngl the hud or overlay looks beyond my threshold of tolerance for old stuff.
pkk234: Hopefully the game will live up to expectations.
That's impossible since everyone expects something else.
Many backers are already pissed for the game not being close enough to the original, it is more focused on stealth and riddles than it is on action.
Others are disappointed because not enough has been changed ... err improved.

Me? I take it as it comes, but I would have prefererred that they distributed backer keys before the release, so those who alreay payed six years ago could get the same preorder bonuses as the people who preorder in a store. They didn't honor the backers very much, showed demos on gaming events that backers didn't get for example.
Post edited May 29, 2023 by neumi5694
pkk234: They're pushin this release pretty hard.
Hopefully the game will live up to expectations.
I kind of want tot try the OG, but ngl the hud or overlay looks beyond my threshold of tolerance for old stuff.
Destructoid review gave it a 9/10.

https://twitter.com/destructoid/status/1663218669596340224

neumi5694 made a good point about different people expecting different things. Personally I suspect it'll be pretty darn good overall.
80/100 on PC Gamer

https://www.pcgamer.com/system-shock-remake-review/&utm_campaign=socialflow/
*update: I see that it plans to drop at 7 am PT/10 am ET/2 pm UTC/4 pm CET
Would have been great if pre-loading was available for this,
now it looks like I'll be installing tomorrow afternoon,
what can ya do...

I'm over here hovering my mouse over Install inside GOG launcher at 1am EST
in anticipation of this remake, trying to avoid seeing too much
on what seems like every Youtube gaming channel in existence...

So I guess May 30th release must mean midnight PDT/ HST or something idk

It does seem to be getting shining reviews,
and I'm ecstatic that it looks like the wait was worth it!

Cheers, all
Post edited May 30, 2023 by RhythmicTuning
Whoof, seems the release is pretty late this day : /
Too late for me. So I cant download it at all and have to wait for the weekend again.
But Im still happy about it : )
The demo was nice (played the lat two iterations). Although I liked the demo before the current one a bit more in some cases.

But I wait and will see what TriOp has done with that station : )
Post edited May 30, 2023 by Lei479
Lei479: Whoof, seems the release is pretty late this day : /
GOG always releases around 16:00 UTC, might vary by an hour due to daylight savings in summer.
Pre-ordering any game feels like a scam. I have yet to see any dev team meet expectation of any mass audience. The entire premise, seems flawed. Devs show only highlights and ignorant fans fill in the blanks with hopes instead of actual fact or content.

On the plus side, if you deleted the original game because the dick move at the end, requiring that random number you needed the find....that looked like a part of the scenery....maybe they meet my expectation of not having such a stupid thing in the remake?

Would laugh if it was worse or still a thing. Then I would feel like I saved my money lol
I just want to be able to buy games in stores again : (
Without web connection installing and playing them. It is way easier.