It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In the cult post-apocalyptic game series, 23rd October marks “the day the bombs fell” – the beginning of a nuclear onslaught that luckily remains fictional. Since the date is slowly drawing near, we think it’s a perfect occasion to finally start playing the outstanding RPGs from the Fallout series or simply revisit their bleak, dangerous, yet fascinating world.

That’s why we’ve decided to host a Special Sale featuring Fallout games with discounts reaching 75% and lasting until 26th October 2021, 1 PM.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
• $2.49 • -75% • Fallout
• $2.99 • -70% • Fallout 2
• $2.99 • -70% • Fallout Tactics
• $7.99 • -60% • Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
• $9.99 • -50% • Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition

Bethesda is trying to spark some interest in Fallout right now, for example it removed Games For Windows Live from Fallout 3 just now/: Ars article.
And it again offers me Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics as if I'm not already own the superior version of it...

Please, GOG, mark them as owned or give us the option to mark games as owned/not interested on our own!
If I buy Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics now, can I also ask for "Classic" versions of these games through support?

I've heard that "Classic" versions have more extras.
mqstout: The END DAY is October 1, 1997, the day Civilization is destroyed. Not sure where this October 23 is coming from!
You are confusing the reality with the lore.

For some reason the sale page does try to sell me Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics even though I already have them in my library? Only the Fallout 3 and NV are listed under "Items You Own".
low rated
mqstout: The END DAY is October 1, 1997, the day Civilization is destroyed. Not sure where this October 23 is coming from!
WeakSet: You are confusing the reality with the lore.

For some reason the sale page does try to sell me Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics even though I already have them in my library? Only the Fallout 3 and NV are listed under "Items You Own".
1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyJrwXVKGFg
2: When Fallout1/2/T were delisted and relisted, they were counted as new items in the store, with different sets of goodies. You have "Fallout Classic" that has all those goodies. The newer post-Bethesda-relist ones are no-goodies, and may be listed for you to buy even if you own classic.
SvitlaSveta4: Fallout 4, TES 5 Skyrim - will be in GoG store, who said this? Really?, I want it!!!
What?..
What?..
What?!! I also want MOAR games like Skyrim and Fallout 4 in Gog store!, where I can sign for all this movement for new cool games?
SvitlaSveta4: Fallout 4, TES 5 Skyrim - will be in GoG store, who said this? Really?, I want it!!!
LifeLover: What?..
What?..
What?!! I also want MOAR games like Skyrim and Fallout 4 in Gog store!, where I can sign for all this movement for new cool games?
There had been code found for Skyrim and even Rage 1 existing in G.O.G's files from dataminers somehow I can only assime something related to combing the Galaxy Launcher data codes or the pages and they haven't really changed for ages
Orpheus-GOG: Umm...I don't wanna be a Debbie Downer here but...this smells pretty fishy imho.
You guys know EVERYONE and their pets already have Fallout 1 & 2...so why make a "special sale" for all the classics now? You know you're not going to get a lot of sales out of these. And 2 weeks? Mmm... =\

I gotta be honest: considering Microsoft's record in this store...I'm worried. This totally feels like a desperate attempt at milking every last drop of a LEAVING franchise...
...and Microsoft desperately needs more things to seduce people into their newly revamped Microsoft Store so...yeah, I'm definitely worried. =(
XYCat: chill
lol :D
Haha...yup, you're right. It seems I prematurely jumped to conclusions on the basis of invalid assumptions. Oopsie... =P

Since I already own everything Fallout-related I have them all marked as "ignore" in Steam. So imagine my surprise when only today I found out there's everything on a steep sale over there too...ending on Oct. 26. What a coincidence. lol

So I guess they're just trying to push the franchise (for the 200th time) on every platform and GOG's one just started a little bit later than the rest. So again my bad.

OHMYGODJCABOMB: If I buy Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics now, can I also ask for "Classic" versions of these games through support?

I've heard that "Classic" versions have more extras.
No, you can't. When Bethesda won the legal battle against Interplay and took everything from them they forced GOG to remove all those extras. So now GOG can't legally give them back anymore. They're only there to everyone that had them when they were available. So unfortunately...no.
Well the only 3 I "don't have" (by shop logic) are FO1,2&Tactics because these newish versions have the Beth logo slapped on it. I totally have the original Interplay logo ones gog released first so not going to rebuy these for a logo swap. Add a Fallout I actually don't have to the shop and I have a reason to open my wallet.

... not for FO 76 though.
low rated
fortune_p_dawg: fallout four soon, yes?
Why you so obsessed with the mediocre nu-fallouts my dude
What?..
BanditKeith2: There had been code found for Skyrim and even Rage 1 existing in G.O.G's files from dataminers somehow I can only assime something related to combing the Galaxy Launcher data codes or the pages and they haven't really changed for ages
You mean, that in Gog files some people found mention of this games? Maybe it's only dummy for future... and hasn't any value?
BanditKeith2: There had been code found for Skyrim and even Rage 1 existing in G.O.G's files from dataminers somehow I can only assime something related to combing the Galaxy Launcher data codes or the pages and they haven't really changed for ages
LifeLover: You mean, that in Gog files some people found mention of this games? Maybe it's only dummy for future... and hasn't any value?
Or maybe the entries were created before Microsoft bought Bethesda (thus ruining any chances for future Beth games getting here)?
fortune_p_dawg: fallout four soon, yes?
Crosmando: Why you so obsessed with the mediocre nu-fallouts my dude
because i enjoy their mediocrity (without mods no less!) my dude.

as i get older i find my rpg tastes become more shallow. even though '2' is ultimately my favorite fallout, the idea of playing it at this juncture would seem like work.
What?..
Is that a real question or was it rhetorical? If it was a real one, in the community wishlist part of the forum.
I would love to see RAGE and Skyrim come here, hey GOG, money yes? you want it?
Post edited October 16, 2021 by DreamedArtist