It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SO.
MANY.
LEGENDARY.

GAMES.

This Special Activision Blizzard Sale is all about celebrating the licenses that shaped the gamer inside you.

Let’s start strong, with games that made the Empire Building genre what it is today: The Caesar series (up to -40%), included Caesar III - voted ‘Best 1998 Managerial Simulation’ - and its spiritual successor Zeus + Poseidon (-50%).

Lock and loaded, tiger. All Solider of Fortune games on GOG.COM are available at -20%, or in a bundle at -50%. Track and stop terrorists, neutralise global threats, save the world. Some of the tech used in these modern-conflict FPS titles were so advanced at the time of their release that they still shine today. You ever seen a body split in 16 parts?

Get ahead of the spooky halloween times, with Phantasmagoria and Phantasmagoria 2 (-35% each), or Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption and Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines, each at -25% or together at -40%.

Some of darkest titles make for the brightest memories, and Blizzard titles are always beacons of light.

In Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, pick a side and raise an army of human or orcs capable of bringing ruin to your enemies. Warcraft II and its expansion take the battle to the high seas and introduces more of the races that make up the Alliance and the Horde. Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and Warcraft II Battle.net Edition, including both the original Tides of Darkness and the Beyond the Dark Portal expansion. Both titles are now discounted 15%.

Diablo, the legendary action/RPG that influenced an entire genre, is the other star of this sale. Become a Warrior, a Sorcerer or a Rogue, return to Tristram and journey to the source of evil. On GOG.COM, Diablo contains Hellfire, the legendary expansion that adds a Monk class, new weapons and items, new missions, locations, dungeons, and enemies. Diablo+Hellfire is also available at a 15% discount.

Buy Blizzard games together to shave their price even more, down to -20%.

Please note: the deeper discounts on Blizzard games, the Soldier of Fortune series et the Vampire: The Masquerade series will apply at checkout. If you already own one or several games from these series and want to complete your collection, the deeper discounts will also apply automatically at checkout.

Our Special Activision Blizzard Sale ends on September 30th, 1PM UTC.
high rated
blotunga: Why are Activision discounts so bad lately?
Activision discounts have been hard stuck at the same prices since I remember. It is extremely rare to see a game get a bigger than usual discount.

On the other hand, I've also noticed that since the Bloodlines 2 announcement, the original Bloodlines is usually getting only a 25% discount while before, it was almost always 75%. Gotta milk that money I guess.
Post edited September 26, 2019 by idbeholdME
GOG.com: Conqueror A.D. 1086
This would be the most interesting for me right now.
However, going by the reviews and the dedicated subforum, it looks like the game runs too fast to be properly played?
Anyone knows anything about this issue? Or any other possible issues?
Amazing games, terrible discounts.
The sale and a list of games was a nice surprise, but closer look brings nothing but disappointment.
idbeholdME: On the other hand, I've also noticed that since the Bloodlines 2 announcement, the original Bloodlines is usually getting only a 25% discount while before, it was almost always 75%. Gotta milk that money I guess.
Yeah I found that pretty strange too, but I never thought about the Bloodlines 2 association. Sheesh, it should at least be 50% off. But basically everything in this sale should be at least 50% off imo.
Post edited September 26, 2019 by tfishell
Thinking in get Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, the Soldier of Fortune games still are lacking a decent discount...
It seems I can get 50% off only for the Soldier of Fortune series (when all three are added to the basket, during checkout). I can't get the promised 20% off for Warcraft I+II / Diablo+Hellfire bundle. Anyone else having problems with this?
I used to play Warcraft 2 a lot, but how does the first one hold up?
I see Singularity isn't part of the sale and is still at its "are you on crack" price.
Not a lot there to convince anyone on the fence to take the plunge. Again, some great games there but Activision prices tend to be too high and the discounts too low for such old titles. Just sell the games at a reasonable price to begin with and you won't need the sales...
why did you select diablo as background image of this article? I've almost got heart attack, since my first thought was "diablo with 75% off"
GOG Please fix Conqueror A.D. 1086. The game is broken. This is a five star game if the speed/clock is fixed.
Anyone has any easy quick fixes for this game?
Wow, so many great games & so little money and time. For anyone thinking of biting the bullet on these titles, here's my take on some i've played or finished:

1. Arcanum - This is a pretty good RPG with a cliche yet decently written plot where you are the survivor of an airship crash turned savior of the world on a quest to stop a terrible evil. The game features a unique magic/science & technology system where if you increase your ability to use one(and it's skills and items associated with it) you lose the effectiveness and(iirc) the ability to use some of them as well. This also plays out in the gameplay, with certain quests either helping magic or technology depending on your actions.

The game itself also has a unique system where you pick a custom role/start and it and your stats determine how you talk to others & even how some see you, leading to unique game paths depending on playthrough.

(Never finished due to losing save files over the years due to PC crashes and such, but this is a good one for RPG fans)

2. Caesar - A decent set of city building sims to pass the time. I only played some of the 1st game, but it is fun for what it is and a bit addictive if you are into the genre.

3. Gabriel Knight(Series) - This adventure gaming staple is a bit of a mixed bag. The first game is a classic for fans of the genre and a must play(imo), with hauntingly good musical score, great voice acting(including the likes of Tim Curry and Mark Hamill), and a decent plot. The third game is in 3d and looks a bit wonky, but the plot/music/cutscenes are pretty decent & it is a good enough ending to the series for those that can look past it's wonkiness. The second game is in live action for the majority of the game and I never played much of it, but it seems to be ok but is definitely not the best of the series.

Also if one plays the first game then playing with the amazing score and intro/look/feel of the original is much better than the remake, as they changed many things about it including the intro graphics & music.

(Finished 1 and 3 and a bit of 2)

4. Laura Bow(Series) - While I never played either game much(PC compatibility issues and hardware failures as with Arcanum leading to lost saves), these games seem to be very good for fans of the genre, although someone who played them more would be better qualified to list any problems they might have. The graphics alone look nice(second game more so), and they are a decent price for what is on offer.

5. Police Quest(non-swat, series) - This collection is pretty fun once you get the proper procedures down and learn how to drive in the games where it is needed(the manual is key here). There are two versions of the first game and i've finished most or all of both versions. In the original you must type commands and report the proper police codes via radio during various stops(also in one of the extras provided), whereas in the new version you click to do various actions & don't need to memorize codes(though you still need to follow proper police procedure).

I cannot remember much of the other 3 games as my memory is rusty, but iirc they are more of the same. If one is into police life and wants to feel how it might feel to be an actual cop, this is a series for you.

(The SWAT series is also pretty decent from the bits of game 4 that I played, but I am not knowledgeable on this part of the PQ franchise much)

6. Shivers - This was one of my first jaunts into the 3d adventure game genre and is a very good game for what it is. You play a teen or young adult trapped in an abandoned museum trying to survive the night(quite literally after a certain point) and make it out in one piece. You eventually stumble upon evil entities released by a previous visitor(before museum closed up) and need to collect them and keep them from harming you or anyone else ever again via collecting containers and lids(through finding them outright or solving puzzles) hidden in various places.

As you go you will have to listen for various sound cues which let you know where the entities are hiding so you can avoid those things/areas, as coming into contact with them too much will lead to game over as they steal your life force bit by bit. You also find various clues and stuff left behind by the owner of the museum and those who trespassed and led to it closing up & their fates.

Again, this is a fun game if you are into the genre and while the second(not as good in the same way, but decent) is not here as well this is a good one nonetheless.

Will list more in a bit....don't want to go over character limit

==========================

Cymepa: It seems I can get 50% off only for the Soldier of Fortune series (when all three are added to the basket, during checkout). I can't get the promised 20% off for Warcraft I+II / Diablo+Hellfire bundle. Anyone else having problems with this?
As others said you need to put the individual WC 1 and 2 games in the basket with Diablo. The WC 1/2 bundle doesn't get the same discount as it likely has a slight discount already over buying the two games seperately. Hope this helps.

gibbeynator: I see Singularity isn't part of the sale and is still at its "are you on crack" price.
Is Singularity any good? It looks to be like Timeshift and I liked that one, but don't know if I should buy it anywhere.
Post edited September 27, 2019 by GameRager
This is hardly a sale, with 10%-15% discounts for 20 years old games. Nice to see GoG adopting the practice of deceptive advertising, just like everyone else.
low rated
Monicheti: This is hardly a sale, with 10%-15% discounts for 20 years old games. Nice to see GoG adopting the practice of deceptive advertising, just like everyone else.
How is it deceptive to say UP TO 75% off? They didn't say every game was 75% off, which would be deceptive.

Edit: I saw the sale page doesn't say UP TO. My bad. I will inform gog via a support ticket.
Post edited September 27, 2019 by GameRager
Monicheti: Nice to see GoG adopting the practice of deceptive advertising, just like everyone else.
"up to" -75%

Now I want GOG to remove "up to" so there's much more wailing and gnashing of teeth.