It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sherlock Holmes The Awakened – latest entry in the highly-praised adventure, puzzle-solving and detective-mystery series from Frogwares is now available on GOG alongside its Deluxe and Premium Edition (all of them on -10% launch discounts until April 18th, 3 PM UTC), as well as its Artbook, Soundtrack, and Whispered Dreams Side Quest Pack!

Moreover, to celebrate the release of this amazing game, we’ve prepared a special Frogwares Publisher Sale (lasting until April 24th, 10 PM UTC) containing their great titles on deals up to 80% off.

Let’s take a look at all of the adventure-awesomeness that awaits you!

The Awakened is a reimagining of the 2008 title, rebuilt from the ground up in Unreal Engine. It will take us on a nerve-racking Lovecraftian adventure with modern graphics and gameplay. As Sherlock Holmes, we’ll find ourselves at the heart of the terrifying Cthulhu Mythos as we investigate a series of mysterious disappearances in Europe and the US.

And when Lovecraft meets Sherlock Holmes, you already know that it’s going to be dark, mysterious, story rich, and full of psychological horror elements in the best way possible.

For the first time in his life, Sherlock is truly afraid. A man of rationale and reason, he faces an otherworldly entity that defies all logic, and this discovery is as enlightening as it is shattering. The pursuit of the truth pushes Sherlock to the verge of madness, and it’s the only story that Watson will never publish.

Taking place in 1882, The Awakened lifts the curtain on how Sherlock and John, mere roommates at the time, became the world-famous crime-solving duo. Their investigation of a series of mysterious disappearances – apparently linked to a dark cult that worships an Ancient God – must succeed, or everyone will face unspeakable consequences…

The game is available on GOG in its Standard Edition, Deluxe Edition – with addition of digital wallpapers and Whispered Dreams Side Quest Pack, and Premium Edition – containing all of the aforementioned bonuses, as well as the game’s Soundtrack and Artbook.

And when it comes to the Publisher Sale

Frogwares is a Ukrainian video game company founded in 2000. Throughout the years they’ve created a track record of delivering unique, captivating and quality games that are both engaging and immersive.

We absolutely adore these folks, and for a good reason. They are committed to creating games rich in story and atmosphere, intricate and compelling narratives, attention to detail in their storytelling, characters, plotlines, and thought-provoking themes, as well as innovative gameplay mechanics that are not afraid to push the boundaries of game design introducing new elements that challenge players to think critically, solve puzzles, and make meaningful choices that impact the outcome of the game. All of that shows their love and passion for games, which we, fellow gaming enthusiasts, absolutely share and respect.

But you don’t have to take our word for it. Find out for yourself by playing their discounted masterpieces like:

Sherlock Holmes Chapter One (-65%)
Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper (-80%)
Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter (-80%)
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (-80%)
Dracula Origin (-80%)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (-80%)
Magrunner: Dark Pulse (-80%)

…and many more, all available HERE.

There’s never been a better time to indulge yourself in the world of Sherlock Holmes and other gems from Frogwares. Don’t hesitate to add The Awakened to your library, be sure to make full use of great deals on their other titles, and fall in love with immersive and outstanding gaming experiences provided by Frogwares. Enjoy!
Syphon72: It was about the steam version.
SargonAelther: Well the Steam version is certainly... Special.
I had know idea the steam version was bad, besides reviews. Honestly I didn't know the game was even released until last year. haha What would be the best PC version?
Post edited April 12, 2023 by Syphon72
Syphon72: I had know idea the steam version was bad, besides reviews. Honestly I didn't know the game was even released until last year. haha What would be the best PC version?
The Deluxe Edition on GamesPlanet. The Deluxe edition contains DLCs. That is the version that Forgwares recognise and recommend for PC. It is DRM-Free, though I would still prefer a GOG release in order to have achievements.
Post edited April 12, 2023 by SargonAelther
Syphon72: I had know idea the steam version was bad, besides reviews. Honestly I didn't know the game was even released until last year. haha What would be the best PC version?
SargonAelther: The Deluxe Edition on GamesPlanet. The Deluxe edition contains DLCs. That is the version that Forgwares recognise and recommend for PC. It is DRM-Free, though I would still prefer a GOG release in order to have achievements.
Thank you for the link. I might have to buy it now on PC.
fisk0: sadly it's no longer for sale on Epic though, only EA's Origin or whatever they call it now, and on GamesPlanet.
Yes. Most likely I would have bought it on GOG at some point, but it was removed from all platforms due to the legal conflict.

But Epic at some point gave it away for free and I am sure that many grabbed it back then, like I did. Not so many however might be aware that it does not need the Epic launcher to run. So I thought I'd mention it :)
Another vote for Sinking City... Also, The Awakened may be the first Sherlock Holmes game I buy...
maxpoweruser: When I saw the banner, I thought this was The Sinking City.
neumi5694: That's not completely off, since the setting is similar.

There already has been a game based on that SH novel. This one is a new approach.

Btw, the Epic version of the sinking city can be played offline without launcher

TSCGame.exe -epicapp=MiddleMist -EpicPortal -epiclocale=en
The Gamesplanet one that was officially sold by Frogwares is 199% DRM Free.
SargonAelther: Well the Steam version is certainly... Special.
Steam version is not so bad these days. But it is missing DLC that NACON apparently didn't have the rights to.
Post edited April 12, 2023 by paladin181
paladin181: The Gamesplanet one that was officially sold by Frogwares is 199% DRM Free.
That's good and useful information for all those who didn't grab it for free back then :)
Btw, it still has the Frogware logo, it's not the cracked version from Steam.
If they ever bring it to GOG, I'll open my wallet, but even then not for full price. After having played it, I think it's not worth more than 20 to me.

Btw, on Gamesplanet you can filter by Steam/GOG/Epic/...
But how can you display only direct download games?

Currently I am a little disappointed that Frogware didn't give Kickstarter backers the choice to get the Sherlock Holmes game with all extras. The new side missions should have been included in the Tiers so one could activate the Premium Edition and be done with it. Instead it was separated keys for base game, soundtrack and art book. Of course one can now buy the Whispered Dreams side missions and has the same content, but the Premium and Deluxe Edition bundles will keep showing on searches.
Post edited April 12, 2023 by neumi5694
I would rather buy the original game than the remake . The new Sherlock character design just irritate me .
Haven't played the last Sherlock yet but buying this day one to support the Ukrainian developers. Urge others to do so as well, let's make this their best selling game ever.
paladin181: The Gamesplanet one that was officially sold by Frogwares is 199% DRM Free.
neumi5694: That's good and useful information for all those who didn't grab it for free back then :)
Btw, it still has the Frogware logo, it's not the cracked version from Steam.
If they ever bring it to GOG, I'll open my wallet, but even then not for full price. After having played it, I think it's not worth more than 20 to me.

Btw, on Gamesplanet you can filter by Steam/GOG/Epic/...
But how can you display only direct download games?

Currently I am a little disappointed that Frogware didn't give Kickstarter backers the choice to get the Sherlock Holmes game with all extras. The new side missions should have been included in the Tiers so one could activate the Premium Edition and be done with it. Instead it was separated keys for base game, soundtrack and art book. Of course one can now buy the Whispered Dreams side missions and has the same content, but the Premium and Deluxe Edition bundles will keep showing on searches.
The vwrsion on Steam is not cracked. That version was taken down very nearly as soon as it went up. The one on Steam is legit, it is an older version that NACON apparently has rights to, since Frogwares didn't have it taken down again. At the very least, an injunction was granted to keep either side from challenging sales the other made until the case is settled, when the payments will be dealt with by the courts.

It's really a shame it came to this, though.
I got the Gamesplanet version a while back and it is 100% DRM free, I even installed and launched it on an offline PC to make sure for people here who asked. So not sure what the "99%" above is referencing.

It's a very good game, a mix of their Holmes stuff with some Resident Evil in a lovely Cthulu world.