It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

NVash: ... And when do they intend to come clean about what other funding they have and how much it may be? People clearly want to know that so it wouldn't hurt to tell it already.
it would hurt, when they have to tell they need 20-40 millions. even with bad graphics there are many things which rise the price and belng into a shenmue game. as i said before, my assumption is 10 millions=crappy 3rd person adventure labeled "shenmue 3" and 20 million or even more for a true shenmue game
NVash: ... And when do they intend to come clean about what other funding they have and how much it may be? People clearly want to know that so it wouldn't hurt to tell it already.
apehater: it would hurt, when they have to tell they need 20-40 millions. even with bad graphics there are many things which rise the price and belng into a shenmue game. as i said before, my assumption is 10 millions=crappy 3rd person adventure labeled "shenmue 3" and 20 million or even more for a true shenmue game
I think I see what you mean. The real problem is they never said it to begin with. Like if they needed 20mill and Sony was kicking out 10mill they should've said "Look, we're trying to do this game. We need 20mill. Sony is giving us 10 so we need everyone to do their best and help us get the rest". Instead they said 2mill, got it then jumped it up to 10mill out of nowhere and everyone got confused then mad. Then everyone began to wonder what and who all was helping them out but they wouldn't say anything about anything and still are mum on the subject.

Yet they have the nerve to ask for more money and even dump the PC version.

This is obvious but if you're right I feel like the only people buying this game will be fans. No one else will bother because it'll suck. Without the HD's which Sega and Yu still won't speak of there's no chance of hooking new people into the series so yeah, he's in trouble. This isn't the days of yore when people had time to throw into random games that may or may not suck. I'm no longer a teen in Mom's house with time to kill. I and many other Shenmue fans are grown with responsibilities. So is the rest of the World and I doubt anyone will really want to plop money on a game that looks like crap when they have a mile long list of games that don't suck which demand attention. And I again say I don't see there being a Shenmue IV.

But I'll give him credit. At least he's working on it now and trying to hit the release date. Not hitting it might just be the nail in the coffin. Look at the wonders it's done for Mighty #9. The other Kickstarter didn't help but the delays were and are getting ridiculous. People have lost interest and given up. Yu can't allow that to happen especially when things aren't in his favor to begin with.
Post edited October 10, 2015 by NVash
NVash: ...
i'm not sure about the hd release of shenmue 1 and 2 is that important to get into shenmue 3 for younger people. i'm thinking about the really cool solutio for mass effect 2 on ps3, the devs made an interactive comic which summs up all the story before and made the entrance perfect. if shenmue 3 will be a real shenmue game (suzuki gets enough money), would then such an interactive comic suffice to get into the game? what do you think? and that this is possible, well mass effect 2 is the perfect example.
Post edited October 11, 2015 by apehater
NVash: Yet they have the nerve to ask for more money and even dump the PC version.
WHATTTTT!!!!!

They dump the PC version? But they advertise the PC version in the kickstarter!

Where did you find that?
NVash: You know, this is ground I've already tread but I feel like he really shot himself in the foot here. The PS4, IMO, has very few games going for it and nothing software wise. I'm a huge PS fan, I have PSX, PS2, PS3 and PSP. Vita is trash and everyone knows it just as the PSP was trash until it got modded. But the PS4 has very few games worth buying and that translates into a system not worth purchasing. The Wii U is backwards compatible with the Wii. The XBox One is now backwards compatible with the 360 and I heard a rumor they're working on getting it to play original XBox games. Both systems also have few games worth buying IMHO but backwards compatibility is a serious reason to pick either one up. Especially when one considers that both Mom and Pop shops and Gamestop are going retro these days so the old games aren't so hard to find any more. I can't see much of a reason to grab a PS4 when these other consoles offer so much more in the form of their old game libraries. I think I'm not the only one feeling this way and, in that respect, Yu shot himself in the foot. If very few people care for PS4 or intend to buy one plus very few people want a DRM'ed PC version this will and might already be translating into very little interest in this game and poor sales for him.
I am not really sure what your point is, the PS4 has outsold the Xbox comfortably, and not even the Xbox head is pretending they are likely to get even close any time soon if ever this generation.

I don’t know anyone with an Xbox, and that is not a exaggeration - I genuinely dont. The Xbox is seen as a joke by almost everyone I ever hear talk about games around here and everyone I know at Uni has a PS4 only. This is only opinions of course, and I mostly don’t prefer one or the other myself, but the PS4 up to now and for the foreseeable future has destroyed the Xbox. This fact and the PS4s connection with "hardcore" gamers as opposed to CoD mainstream gamers makes me think Yu would have made a much worse decision going with Xbox.

Maybe there will be an impossible fightback in spite of how damaging everything Microsoft tried to do to the gaming community, maybe backwards compatibility will help this, but it just seems unlikely and there is certainly no reason to think this is the more likely outcome at this time. And I see no reason why Xbox users would be a better fit for Shenmue (would have been true last generation, not this generation though).
Post edited October 11, 2015 by mabrookes
Gnostic: WHATTTTT!!!!!

They dump the PC version? But they advertise the PC version in the kickstarter!

Where did you find that?
I posted it a bit further back but I believe it was on Reddit where people spoke of having their PC preorders cancelled. The guess is that the PC game isnt coming out.

mabrookes: I am not really sure what your point is, the PS4 has outsold the Xbox comfortably, and not even the Xbox head is pretending they are likely to get even close any time soon if ever this generation.

I don’t know anyone with an Xbox, and that is not a exaggeration - I genuinely dont. The Xbox is seen as a joke by almost everyone I ever hear talk about games around here and everyone I know at Uni has a PS4 only. This is only opinions of course, and I mostly don’t prefer one or the other myself, but the PS4 up to now and for the foreseeable future has destroyed the Xbox. This fact and the PS4s connection with "hardcore" gamers as opposed to CoD mainstream gamers makes me think Yu would have made a much worse decision going with Xbox.

Maybe there will be an impossible fightback in spite of how damaging everything Microsoft tried to do to the gaming community, maybe backwards compatibility will help this, but it just seems unlikely and there is certainly no reason to think this is the more likely outcome at this time. And I see no reason why Xbox users would be a better fit for Shenmue (would have been true last generation, not this generation though).
I know people with XBox. Most people I know are in both camps. The thing is Ive said this before. The XBox has offered backwards compatibility on 360 and possibly original XBox games. PS4 has brought nothing to the table. Ive no doubt that PS4 is going to see a drop in sales due to that come holiday season. All I see PS4 offering is special looking consoles and 1TB bundles. Big whoop, those are a prerequisite these days. Everything else the PS4 is bringing to the table XBox has already. They need more Exclusives and backwards compatibility shouldve been done forever ago but theyre too busy bleeding everyone dry via PSN. I know, I lost a small fortune purchasing old PS2 games for my PS3 despite owning them already and having them right in front of me. Why? Because I couldnt play them on the PS3.

Many people seem to be Team PS4 or Team XBox because its fashionable. Ive rarely seen people sit down and give legitimate reasons why one system is better than the other. Theyre mostly "the other console sucks". In University everyone I knew had a PS3. The people I know who are specifically Team PS3 cant even tell me why besides "XBox suxxx".

Myself? Im both camps. I have a PS3. I treasure my PS3. Ill get a PS4 eventually but it doesnt have much to offer IMO besides Destiny and Infamous. Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy VII Remake are way down the line so they are a non-issue. Ive said a million times I have barely any interest in an XBox One either but backwards compatibility screams "Buy me" to me. Ive no doubt that others may feel the same.

Also, this is probably a non-issue, but the Vita has been declared dead. I have many friends plugging this as the best handheld ever but just like the PSP Sony dropped the ball again. One reason I held out on buying a PS4 was waiting for the European PS4 / Vita bundle to come to America. It never did. The Vita is supposedly wonderful used with the the PS4. I wouldnt know. Once the price drops people may pick it up and a PS4 to see how well they work together. They may not. I guess well have to wait and see how that pans out.

Im just saying that I dont think Shenmue III is going to do very well. I understand lack of funding. I understand it might not have been a good idea due to being too risky. But I think itd have been a good risk, if at all possible, to put it on other systems instead of just plain PS4. I was hoping for a Wii U port because the ATEs would be awesome on the handheld screen or even on the bottom screen of the 3DS. Having Shenmue on the New 3DS would be a dream come true but sadly its only offered on PS4. It doesnt even look like the originally PC version is on the table any more. So basically unless someone has or has access to a PS4 they arent playing the game. Compare that to Bloodstained which is a case of something like "what system isnt it on". Again I realize the issue with funding. That little snafu, the possible agreement with Sony making this game exclusive to them, might have shot him in the foot. Who knows how many people would have invested if only it were on their system of choice? Thats all Im trying to say.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/sega-is-considering-re-releasing-shenmue-and-shenmue-2
Good news is Sega is finally talking about releasing the remakes. Sadly there is no mention of what system or systems theyd be on.
Post edited October 28, 2015 by NVash
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49156

The Slacker Backer Campaign is rather slapdash as well but there are plans to bring back the PC version. How no one knows, especially when the Campaign is almost over.
There are new videos and screenshots of Shenmue III.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1190990
so i guess shenmue 3 for pc isn't gonna happen anytime soon and s3 for ps4 is on very thin ice also?
NVash: http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49156

The Slacker Backer Campaign is rather slapdash as well but there are plans to bring back the PC version. How no one knows, especially when the Campaign is almost over.
The slacker backer (or pre-order how their HP link "cheerfully" calls it) mirrors exactly their slapdash information flow regarding PC version or DRM free.

Even if the thought of getting a single-player game on a online-DRM site like steam would not be revolting enough to me to get a puke-bucket I would not consider backing considering their disgusting way to not-talk about the PC version. The only thing known is "Yes, it will" (https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status/644515841841598464) but that might also be win10 app-store online streamed only.
I'm still blown away that in all this time there hasn't been even a murmur about the HD Remakes. Sega talking about they care what their fans want and they're dropping remakes going and coming but where's Shenmue?

Clearly they just don't want the cash.

NVash: http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49156

anothername: The slacker backer (or pre-order how their HP link "cheerfully" calls it) mirrors exactly their slapdash information flow regarding PC version or DRM free.

Even if the thought of getting a single-player game on a online-DRM site like steam would not be revolting enough to me to get a puke-bucket I would not consider backing considering their disgusting way to not-talk about the PC version. The only thing known is "Yes, it will" (https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status/644515841841598464) but that might also be win10 app-store online streamed only.
And due to that, unless I cop a PS4, I can rest assured that I won't play it on my laptop. No way anyone will bother porting this.

Does Yu not realize this game is a cult favorite? Does he not know what a cult favorite is? This game isn't going to make money hand over fist. I'll be surprised if it breaks even. He needs to give people any and all available chances to give him the cash because so far Shenmue III tanking rests on his shoulders. My hopes for this game are very low. It can be the best thing since canned soda but I really don't see people flipping for it like people are hoping. I see it sliding under the radar just like the original and second and my picking it up in a bargain bin later on down the road.
Post edited March 09, 2016 by NVash
Shenmue III will be published by Deep Silver so there is slight chance that we will see it here on GOG

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1958762

More than 1000 voted for it on the wishlist https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/shenmue_3
kassj0peja: Shenmue III will be published by Deep Silver so there is slight chance that we will see it here on GOG

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1958762

More than 1000 voted for it on the wishlist https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/shenmue_3
WHY DEEP SILVER? When they act as publisher they always use that damn denuvo, which decreases to zero the chances to have the game here.
Even if Deep Silver implements Denuvo, there is still a better chance of them publishing Shenmue III on GOG, because Denuvo can be removed after an initial launch window like with RiME and Inside. Other companies that could have potentially been involved, like Sony or Sega, would have meant a much smaller chance to see the game on GOG.
SCPM: Even if Deep Silver implements Denuvo, there is still a better chance of them publishing Shenmue III on GOG, because Denuvo can be removed after an initial launch window like with RiME and Inside. Other companies that could have potentially been involved, like Sony or Sega, would have meant a much smaller chance to see the game on GOG.
Rime would Never been released here on GOG had a certain Bald Man not have cracked Denuvo protecting it within days. Best way to probably make sure that they release it DRM-free at some point is sending bitcoin to Bald Man as thats the only person actually removing Denuvo from games but I think people here don't realize how lucky we are a few groups have been able to crack Denuvo. The way things are shaping up a PC version won't be happening at all, or will be delayed a year after consoles get it.