It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: nvm
Narakir: Yep!
I was going to say something about this being a memorial thread but it would have probably just been ignored. :P
I'm better off just ignoring these things.
That's why I do not post here since a few years, I just got morbidly curious all the sudden and I see nothing has changed. I hope you're doing fine though !
Spectre: What did he do?
Shadowstalker16: Encouraged developers to take game options like FOV and colorblind options seriously, as well as framerate

Didn't back out from questioning bad practices, or quacks like Sarkeesian despite blowback from people on the ''right side of history''

Didn't back down from the position of ''games don't kill people'' while many so called game journalists did so

Held himself to the standard to which he held everyone else (or even to a higher one)

To name a few. He also contributed a lot towards the SC2 community, called out people for inadequate disclosure standards, was partly involved in the discovery of G2A as thieves, was the loudest and most logical and first in decrying pre-orders, and plenty of other stuff. A lot of the stuff that we see as common knowledge now was first propounded by him.

If you ask me to show you any other person in games coverage who's done even half of that, I wouldn't be able. Hell, most people in games coverage don't even care for even one of these things.
He did a lot for the gaming community and I learned a lot from his videos like his lengthy discussions on the option menu and I loved that stuff. In my opinion he's one of the most important people we have had in the gaming community, always respected him for his standards and knowledge. We need more people like that. I will miss his videos for sure.
Spectre: What did he do?
Shadowstalker16: Encouraged developers to take game options like FOV and colorblind options seriously, as well as framerate

Didn't back out from questioning bad practices, or quacks like Sarkeesian despite blowback from people on the ''right side of history''

Didn't back down from the position of ''games don't kill people'' while many so called game journalists did so

Held himself to the standard to which he held everyone else (or even to a higher one)

To name a few. He also contributed a lot towards the SC2 community, called out people for inadequate disclosure standards, was partly involved in the discovery of G2A as thieves, was the loudest and most logical and first in decrying pre-orders, and plenty of other stuff. A lot of the stuff that we see as common knowledge now was first propounded by him.

If you ask me to show you any other person in games coverage who's done even half of that, I wouldn't be able. Hell, most people in games coverage don't even care for even one of these things.
That sounds good but it wasn't an area of reporting exclusive to him.

Spectre: That sounds good but it wasn't an area of reporting exclusive to him.
It wasn't but he was the first in many areas of reporting. He was the first to bring attention to steam's lack of quality control (even before Jim Sterling, I think) and was the first to be copyright striked by a shady developer. And I forgot to mention a big one which is that he was one of the very very few who argued against review scores and metacritic.
Just heard that the Bioware Dev has been fired for his tweet against TB.
Socratatus: Just heard that the Bioware Dev has been fired for his tweet against TB.
Can you blame them?

He said the world was a better place without him.

If someone worked for me and said that about anyone, not counting a serial killer or child rapists, I'd fire them too.

I've had my share of enemies, and there are a lot of people in here I obviously don't get a long with, but I would NEVER NEVER EVER wish any of them dead, and if god forbid they did die, come out and say "...the world just felt a little bit better..."
Socratatus: Just heard that the Bioware Dev has been fired for his tweet against TB.
tinyE: Can you blame them?

He said the world was a better place without him.

If someone worked for me and said that about anyone, not counting a serial killer or child rapists, I'd fire them too.

I've had my share of enemies, and there are a lot of people in here I obviously don't get a long with, but I would NEVER NEVER EVER wish any of them dead, and if god forbid they did die, come out and say "...the world just felt a little bit better..."
In this we are both 100% in agreement. I am all for free speech, but when it comes to dancing on a dead person`s grave, they deserve to be sacked.