It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tfishell: Sorry, but it's just going to keep getting more common as celebrities keep getting older and older. How many beloved movie stars are now 70+?
He was only 32... *winks at the camera*
Joking aside it's a real shame. I have such great memories of that show growing up.
Doc0075: Allo Allo was great, I don't think it would get made in these PC times.
I want them to remake Mind Your Language and Love Thy Neighbour.

The heydey of British comedy was the best and still unequalled.
>MFW reading this title
tfishell: Sorry, but it's just going to keep getting more common as celebrities keep getting older and older. How many beloved movie stars are now 70+?
Siegor: He was only 32... *winks at the camera*
Joking aside it's a real shame. I have such great memories of that show growing up.
Yeah I didn't mean to trivialize the matter, I'm just surprised that so many others are surprised when older celebrities pass.
Doc0075: Allo Allo was great, I don't think it would get made in these PC times.
mechmouse: I thought they're remaking "Open all hours"
They have a followup series of sorts with David Jason now playing the role of shopkeeper.
With Allo Allo I don't think it would get made these days as a lot of the material would be considered racist, even though the jokes are very tame in it.
mechmouse: I thought they're remaking "Open all hours"
Doc0075: They have a followup series of sorts with David Jason now playing the role of shopkeeper.
With Allo Allo I don't think it would get made these days as a lot of the material would be considered racist, even though the jokes are very tame in it.
Just realised it was "Are you being Served" I was thinking about.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5527002/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

and just saw they did Porridge too
deleted
RIP
It's a shame (though not surprising).

'Allo 'Allo wasn't my favourite sitcom, but it had its moments. I haven't watched it in years but still quote it on occasion:

"Listen very carefully, I shall say zis only once"

And despite never quite being sure what he was saying (according to the internet it was 'tler! (pronouncing only the last third of ""Heil Hitler!"")") I always feel compelled to shout like the German general any time anyone mentions Heil Hitler.
Sad news.

I vaguely remembered seeing Allo Allo on occasion as a kid when I spent time in the UK, but didn't really get around to watching it properly until it made its way here to Germany about ten years ago (incidentally, some of the best German dubbing I've ever seen - the only ones that speak with a German accent are obviously the Germans, and Crabtree and the other Brits are given an over-the-top British accent, complete with mispronunciations).
Never knew the actor but still,

R.I.P
RIP, Allo Allo was one of my favourite sitcoms.

I heard they were planning to remake it in 2016, I think as part of that BBC Best of comedy season when they did one off remade specials of Are You Being Served, Keeping Up Appearances, Goodnight Sweetheart and Porridge (Which is actually getting a whole new series later this year). But they cancelled the Allo Allo one because they thought the Gestapo Officer 'Herr Flick' might cause offence (Source was Wikipedia so might not be true).
Crabtree would probably say something like this: "Sad Moaning, monsiour Artois pissed away. Of curse, we will mise him. He had to love us, so good lick to those left behind."

Great memories.
RIP. It was a really nice sitcom back then. It was shown on russian TV (i don't remember which channel it was) and it was pretty fun (translation was surprisingly good).