It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Remember me, special dreams.

Ys: Memories of Celceta is now available DRM-free on GOG.com, 10% off until August 1st, 5pm UTC.
The Great Forest of Celceta still lies untamed, unchallenged. Teeming with strange creatures and well-kept secrets, it can only be conquered by an intrepid adventurer like Adol Christin. Determined to reclaim the memories that were stolen from him the first time he ventured into the unmapped wilderness, he will now return with the enigmatic thief Duren by his side.
This is the definitive edition of the ambitious action/RPG that first appeared on the PS Vita, enhanced and refined for its PC debut to make for an essential Ys experience that expands the series lore in fascinating ways.
saldite: For the most part, order doesn't matter since they're self contained adventures, sans a few references here or there. The only ones I would do in a specific order are 1 > 2 > Origin.
[...]
If the first I touched was Ys 1... I wouldn't get as far as Origin. I possibly finished it (I don't even remember for sure), but I definitely didn't finish 2. The fight mechanics IS weird, and most of the story elements are same in both games, just viewed from different time. I bought Origin first on a whim. Tried it that evening, and got everything Ys related that was released here at that time soon after. My advice would be to get Origin, and read what happened in Ys I/II on a wiki or some walkthrough. It's not much, Origin tells everything you need to know from the three, with extra bonus of "being there" instead of reading about it 600 years after. Some of the scenes are really touching if you see how that happened. And it has sane combat.
I had no issues with 1 & 2's gameplay. You're basically a human lawnmower in 1 and 2 is almost a topdown shooter with the magic, but I could see why somebody wouldn't like it. In that case, I still stand by what I said just without 1&2. Going back to VI after OiF or Origin is kind of rough, more so than 1 & 2 for me.
Heads up: The promised Adol's Travel Journal pdf is located inside its own folder in the game installation directory.
Hikage1983: Heads up: The promised Adol's Travel Journal pdf is located inside its own folder in the game installation directory.
I didn't see any extras listed on the GOG game card, so I was thinking it might be inside the game install. Thank you for confirming this!
Oh, my. The amount of graphics options is in the level of the Trails of Cold Steel games! A huge step up compared to Ys Seven. Take a look at the attached screenshot.

Edit: also fast forward, multiple button icons, MSAA and SSAA... very well done.
Attachments:
Post edited July 25, 2018 by masterotaku
masterotaku: Oh, my. The amount of graphics options is in the level of the Trails of Cold Steel games! A huge step up compared to Ys Seven. Take a look at the attached screenshot.

Edit: also fast forward, multiple button icons, MSAA and SSAA... very well done.
Just remember to disable circle shadows. Those are the original "blobs" so to speak.
masterotaku: Oh, my. The amount of graphics options is in the level of the Trails of Cold Steel games! A huge step up compared to Ys Seven. Take a look at the attached screenshot.

Just remember to disable circle shadows. Those are the original "blobs" from the vita version.
And yes they can co-exist with the real time ones. Looks surreal :p
Post edited July 25, 2018 by Hikage1983
And bought. Thanks, XSEED and GOG, this was my most anticipated game of the entire summer! Should keep me occupied for a couple of weeks.
Actually kinda forgot this was coming out today. Bought it, of course. Gotta support XSEED and Ys.

This also makes me realize that I still haven't bothered playing Ys VIII... someday, that thing has to be in a pretty good state... right?
After leaving the city of the game my fps got low, any solution ?? I'm playing on a laptop
Bought. :)

@XSEED: Thanks!

@GOG: Please reconsider XSEED's port of Bullet Witch. As indicated by the current Steam score - recent reviews 84% Very Positive, all reviews 72% Mostly Positive - there are those of us who think it's a fun game despite its flaws.

Chacranajxy: This also makes me realize that I still haven't bothered playing Ys VIII... someday, that thing has to be in a pretty good state... right?
Most/all of the significant bugs seem to have been fixed in patches. Recent reviews on Steam are 74% Mostly Positive. The last update was released on 6/29 - the game might be as good as it's going to get.

But I can't say from experience - I've been putting it off, too. ;)
Post edited July 26, 2018 by SeduceMePlz
SeduceMePlz: @GOG: Please reconsider XSEED's port of Bullet Witch. As indicated by the current Steam score - recent reviews 84% Very Positive, all reviews 72% Mostly Positive - there are those of us who think it's a fun game despite its flaws.
Just a heads up it's available drm-free on humble, though it's one of those "CHOOSE NOW, STEAM CODE OR DRM-FREE NOT BOTH" deals. It'd be an easier game for people to notice if it was here though.

Definitely a fun one, has a strangely high amount of combat options and just enough mid-tier jank to make it interesting without taking away from enjoyment. Now if only the brain-thrown cars were easier to see coming...
question to people who bought it already - is galaxy.dll hardlinked (e.g removal of it will result in non-working game), or dynamically linked?
SeduceMePlz: @GOG: Please reconsider XSEED's port of Bullet Witch.
+1 for other xseed ports (but personally Im more intrested in senran kagura series. Call me a poor person, if you wish)
Post edited July 28, 2018 by Gekko_Dekko
Gekko_Dekko: question to people who bought it already - is galaxy.dll hardlinked (e.g removal of it will result in non-working game), or dynamically linked?
SeduceMePlz: @GOG: Please reconsider XSEED's port of Bullet Witch.
Gekko_Dekko: +1 for other xseed ports (but personally Im more intrested in senran kagura series. Call me a poor person, if you wish)
Removing the dll prevents the game from running. Error popup and everything. Sorry :/

+1 for Senran Kagura games here but from what i recall the problem had to do with the inability to detach the DRM component of Shinovi VS.
Hikage1983: Removing the dll prevents the game from running. Error popup and everything. Sorry :/
np, Ys seven had similar issue. Something to do with game engine, I assume.

Hikage1983: +1 for Senran Kagura games here but from what i recall the problem had to do with the inability to detach the DRM component of Shinovi VS.
well, iirc its not that story focused series to add all their games there (for example - neptunia has only 3 entries on gog, while later Hyperdimension Neptunia U is the only game, I wish to buy, lol), if thats an issue with just one title. But it was an intresting info anyway.

I always was against it, but if steam libraries are hardlinked by design - it should be possible to just remove the drm part from them, without touching anything else (the same way gog's version of Spore works - steam libraries exist in game's folder, but dont connect with steam client in any way)