It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Aliens, do you bleed? You will.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack is now available, 80% off until June 18, 10 PM UTC, DRM-free on GOG.com. It contains every piece of content released for the game, including the Enemy Within expansion.
They thought we'd go down without a fight. They were wrong. Also quite ugly.
Commander, the XCOM initiative stands ready. Train and customize your elite squad, research human or alien technology, and take Earth back through turn-based tactical action, and smart base management.

For some heavily discounted old-school X-COM goodness, check out our Summer Sale.
MartiusR: "Notice: multiplayer is not supported"
I'm guessing then that it was completely removed due to basing on steam infrastructre?
Grrr.. that's annoying.. and a bit hidden in the page.
Wishlisted for now.
Post edited June 14, 2018 by phaolo
low rated
Cool to see this here, will gladly gog connect it though. :P
Great release!, I've been looking forward to this game for years. I couldn't even get it on Steam as it seems to be blocked for my area. Too bad I can't afford it, but it will go to my wishlist. :)
Wow what a nice surprise! I love this game, can't wait to play it again.
Leroux: How complicated, difficult and time-consuming are the long-term strategy and management parts of the game? I'm usually not a fan of those, but I might like the combat if it's comparable to the Shadowrun games.

And how's the savegame system? What kind of system does it use?
You should love the combat then. Similar but smoother. Savegame system is entirely your choice. Normal save anywhere or Iron man. Just know that if you try and savescum, you can't load a save, and do the exact same action and get a different result, it's fixed to give you the same result. But you can do something else different and get a different result if you want.

As for the long-term strategy, most important thing to know about XCOM is to build Sattelites early, it's your main lifeline. As long as you start early on those you'll be well on your way.
Post edited June 14, 2018 by Pheace
Great addition to the roster. Fantastic game.
Woah! Gonna have to make yet another sale purchase!

Linko90: Told you guys to watch the skies
The truth is out there...

Maki: You once again forget to add Linux and Mac for a title which is available on those platforms.

Feral Interactive spent a lot of time making the Linux and Mac ports for XCOM Enemy Unknown and all of its DLC, as well as XCOM 2 and all of its DLC. It's a shame their work seems to be ignored by you.
I doubt GOG 'forgot' anything. It's far more likely they couldn't get a deal done to sell the Linux and Mac ports. Or - and let's hope this is the case - perhaps they're just delayed.
Pheace: You should love the combat then. Similar but smoother. Savegame system is entirely your choose. Normal save anywhere or Iron man. Just know that if you try and savescum, you can't load a save, and do the exact same action and get a different result, it's fixed to give you the same result. But you can do something else different and get a different result if you want.

As for the long-term strategy, most important thing to know about XCOM is to build Sattelites early, it's your main lifeline. As long as you start early on those you'll be well on your way.
Thanks! I might give it a try then.
high rated
Pheace: . Just know that if you try and savescum, you can't load a save, and do the exact same action and get a different result, it's fixed to give you the same result.
You can turn that off with one of Second Wave options ;)
(and savescum all the way you want XD)
high rated
It might be worth asking Feral Interactive about getting the Linux version here (and Mac too). Their email address is info@feralinteractive.com

If you use Twitter you could also try asking them there: https://twitter.com/feralgames
Yayyyyyy! You guys just made my weekend.
Great release! Instabought. :)

P.S. Now if only we also got Spec Ops: The Line and second X-COM later this year... :)
Leroux: How complicated, difficult and time-consuming are the long-term strategy and management parts of the game? I'm usually not a fan of those, but I might like the combat if it's comparable to the Shadowrun games.

And how's the savegame system? What kind of system does it use?
If you like Shadowruns combat you should like this.
I don’t consider the strategy infrastructure very complicated but I play these games all the time
so I’m may not be the best judge of that for your purposes.

But the combat is great.

It’s a standard save game system. You can save any time .
There’s also an Iron Man mode which is what I usually play where you only have one stay for the game.
It’s when or lose.
GR00T: Woah! Gonna have to make yet another sale purchase!

Linko90: Told you guys to watch the skies
GR00T: The truth is out there...

Maki: You once again forget to add Linux and Mac for a title which is available on those platforms.

Feral Interactive spent a lot of time making the Linux and Mac ports for XCOM Enemy Unknown and all of its DLC, as well as XCOM 2 and all of its DLC. It's a shame their work seems to be ignored by you.
GR00T: I doubt GOG 'forgot' anything. It's far more likely they couldn't get a deal done to sell the Linux and Mac ports. Or - and let's hope this is the case - perhaps they're just delayed.
Last time I asked about feral interactive releasing games on GoG, I got something about GoG not being viable due to philosophical differences. I suspect it's because feral is highly pro-DRM :(
tremere110: Last time I asked about feral interactive releasing games on GoG, I got something about GoG not being viable due to philosophical differences. I suspect it's because feral is highly pro-DRM :(
*sigh* I guess it's to difficult for them to do a quick google to see how effective DRM has been on their games. :P Anyway, it's great to see this show up here. Hopefuly the sales numbers will be good and they'll bring more games here.