It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wingspan is a relaxing, award-winning strategy card game about birds, for 1 to 5 players. Each bird you play extends a chain of powerful combinations in one of your three habitats. Your goal is to discover and attract the best birds to your network of wildlife preserves.

Now, its Oceania Expansion is available on GOG!

In this installment, you’ll embark on a journey through the breathtaking lands of Oceania. Learn about birds from around Australia and New Zealand and all-new resources and mechanics that will enrich your adventure of creating a wildlife preserve.

Grab it now!
Woo! Oceania fixes one of the major problems the core game had: "if you don't start with a strong forest lineup, you lose because of food generation". I haven't played enough on the tabletop to know how much I like nectar or not, but I plan to play more now that it's out digitally!

I like that they're finally building the digital implementation with some of the house rules and whatnot. I hope we eventually get a full-blown deck crafter, opportunity to select (instead of randomize) goals to try them out, or choosing your mix of Oceania vs base game dice (to alter nectar availability), and so on. I'd love to see the "fan art" cards get implemented in the digital version too!

We're now only one expansion (plus the fan art) behind paper, and less "real world time", too. Maybe by the last expansion we'll be in sync.

(Why, yes, I was here waiting for the 1:00 PM EST release hour that was scheduled. How did you know?)
Post edited December 12, 2023 by mqstout
mqstout:
I've really enjoyed this one (digital only so far). I'm surprised they are doing more expansions after this one, it sounds like already with this one it is best to remove a few cards that are now unbalanced. I thought the rest would be in a sequel. But also nice to see more birds from other places and the variety is particularly nice for those of us who have played 100ish games already :).

For those who haven't played it yet I'd recommend starting with the base game since the rules are not trivial. At least with the last one you can play the tutorial of the expansion from the base game and I expect that will be the case again.
mqstout:
joveian: I've really enjoyed this one (digital only so far). I'm surprised they are doing more expansions after this one, it sounds like already with this one it is best to remove a few cards that are now unbalanced. I thought the rest would be in a sequel. But also nice to see more birds from other places and the variety is particularly nice for those of us who have played 100ish games already :).

For those who haven't played it yet I'd recommend starting with the base game since the rules are not trivial. At least with the last one you can play the tutorial of the expansion from the base game and I expect that will be the case again.
Asia's (newest) a big departure. It has an alternate play mode for two players, a different automata rule, rules and bits for more than 5 players, etc. It's more than just "more birds" in that expansion. They said they're doing one for each continent; many people expect Africa to be next.