It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Way of the Hunter is an action survival simulator that brings authentic hunting experience and lets you explore and hunt in large open-world environments in the USA and Europe.

Now, its Tikamoon Plains DLC is available on GOG! It will allow you to explore diverse landscapes, from windy mountains to deadly deserts and vast savannahs teeming with life.

Join Malachi, a professional hunting guide, as he leads a group of adventurers through the thrilling world of Tikamoon Plains, inspired by the African wilderness. Equip yourself with a wide selection of firearms, hunting bows and gear, to hunt for the best trophies and decorate your hunting lodge while immersing yourself in the daily routines of unique wildlife.

Check it out now!
Waidmannsheil.

Now, about that expansion for AMID EVIL released a couple days ago...
high rated
can't they make a game like this where you don't kill the animals? I'd buy that instead
And as usual the Offline installer is missing in the library for owners of the elite edition (even after account refresh)!

EDIT: Offline installer is now in my Library... Thanks!

EDIT2: You gotta be kidding me... Offline installer has an 404! Unbelievable!!!

EDIT3: Congrats GOG, you finally made it... Link is now working (after nearly 3 hours)!
Post edited August 22, 2023 by andreasmaureder
XYCat: can't they make a game like this where you don't kill the animals?
My first thought too, but... maybe Eastshade?
And, of course, Matt Newell's stuff, seems to be working on one that puts it all together.
And the upcoming Photography Simulator. Seems published by PlayWay, whose other games are on GOG, so it may also be coming.
XYCat: can't they make a game like this where you don't kill the animals? I'd buy that instead
Yea, it's called Postal...
I bought the Way of the Hunter Elite Edition a year ago. Doesn't the Tikamoon Plains DLC also come with the Elite Edition? You can buy the DLC, but the DLC does not appear in my library. I didn't need to buy Aurora Shores back then either.

Translated with Google
XYCat: can't they make a game like this where you don't kill the animals? I'd buy that instead
There are some older console-only titles that were about photography/exploration, see Afrika and
Endless Ocean. Don't recall anything like that existing on PC though. =/
Post edited August 22, 2023 by P-E-S
I agree with you, but pick any FPS and problem solved.
Cavalary: And the upcoming Photography Simulator. Seems published by PlayWay, whose other games are on GOG, so it may also be coming.
Uhh! That would be an insta-buy. I love how they portray the camera as well. I hope they implement this right, with an option to play with different lenses and filters.

All in all, I think a photography sim is way more challenging than a hunting game. After all, photography is even more about the graphics and the settings, or the objects you try to "shot". Your environment needs to be more detailed. Light, weather effects, the lot. The animals and objects you wish to photograph need to do a lot more cool things. And the player has to maneuver way more to get not just any "shot", but the perfect picture at just the right moment, best angle, and the correct lighting--with a moving target that avoids you if it can. And even then: Use the wrong lens, the wrong exposure, or an unsteady hand is enough to make you go home with nothing.

A hunting game may be forgiven for animals standing around doing not too much, or graphics being not too pixel perfect down to the macrophotography level. I.e. when you zoom in on an insect or center of a flower. A photo sim on the other hand cannot, for that is its core element. And with that said, performance optimization is equally crucial.

If a company can pull that combo off, I will happily buy anything they make.
Offline installers still not showing up for people owning the Season Pass or the Elite Edition, it looks like.
Yep, No Offline installer for this Elite Edition owner.. As a matter o' fact. No game installer in Galaxy library at all. Amazing. The game has vanished from Galaxy all together.
At first glance, I noticed the pic of the lion beneath the heading Way Of The Hunter and I immediately thought to myself, "Cool! A game where I get to play as king of the jungle!" xD Then my bubble burst.
Cavalary: My first thought too, but... maybe Eastshade?
And, of course, Matt Newell's stuff, seems to be working on one that puts it all together.
And the upcoming Photography Simulator. Seems published by PlayWay, whose other games are on GOG, so it may also be coming.
Hoping that photography simulator comes to GOG. :) Looks like something I'd play! Thx for these suggestions.
Post edited August 23, 2023 by matterbandit
I see the appeal on the game but I prefer something more fantasy related.

What about Monster Hunter and Toukiden games, GOG? Any chance my dear gogers, huh, please?? :P
:)