It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Beware the weaponized hedgehogs, deadlier than the deadliest death stare!

Wacky Wheels, a cartoony fast-paced go-kart racing game with superb multi-player gameplay, and funny animal drivers, is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux on GOG.com, for only $5.99.

By the start of the final lap, the Camel was sure of his victory. He'd timed all the turns, all the drifts, and all the jumps perfectly. The bomb the Panda swung his way missed by inches and hit the unexpecting Elephant. The oil puddle left on the track by the sneaky Raccoon did make his kart spin, but he managed to maintain the momentum. The finish line was so close - suddenly a well aimed hedgehog bounced hard on the poor Camels noggin. The last thing he heard before losing control and falling into a water trap, was the maniacal laughter of that blasted Shark. "Next time" - he thought as the water closed over his head - "it won't be just a race - I'll challenge that damn fish to a shoot-out!".

Wacky Wheels brings the pure joy and excitement of cartoony kart racing to PC computers. Or, actually, it already did 20 years ago. The game remains a blast to play up to this day! There are three classes of tracks to race on, from novice to expert, which present a wide range of wacky racing conditions. All tracks have special obstacles and dangers: water traps, cacti, oil slicks, posts, stacks of tires, and more. Some tracks are surrounded by water and even lava. But what you're not expecting is the hedgehogs! Grab all the track-populated hedgehogs you can and hurl them like baseballs at the other racers to send them spinning out of control - giving you time to pass 'em by. Other weapons to collect include bombs, oil slicks, ice blocks, and flame balls. Everything to make the race more interesting for your opponents!

If you're longing for some arcade racing that's all about fun you should not miss Wacky Wheels, for only $5.99 on GOG.com.
cascadiagames: If anyone is interested, our HD Wacky Wheels sequel / reboot is now up on Steam Greenlight. Any yes votes and comments would be greatly appreciated!

(I'd post a link but apparently my account isn't used enough to do so!)
I'm assuming this is the one?
Looks interesting, planning on releasing it on GOG?
cascadiagames: If anyone is interested, our HD Wacky Wheels sequel / reboot is now up on Steam Greenlight. Any yes votes and comments would be greatly appreciated!

(I'd post a link but apparently my account isn't used enough to do so!)
You mean this Wacky Wheels? It looks really nice. I hope you bring the game to GOG too. Wacky Wheels has always been one of my favorite Apogee games.
Thanks everyone for posting the link! Yup, that's the one.

I plan on bringing it to GOG as well. :)
cascadiagames: Thanks everyone for posting the link! Yup, that's the one.

Here's hoping. It looks quite nice, and that four-player splitscreen mode looks intriguing. Watched the video on the greenlight page, and I'm curious now: what's with all them fart sounds?

mistermumbles: Here's hoping. It looks quite nice, and that four-player splitscreen mode looks intriguing. Watched the video on the greenlight page, and I'm curious now: what's with all them fart sounds?
It's a temp sound effect for dropping an item -- I simply forgot to swap it out before receding the video. It will be replaced. ;)

That looks really good. I love the art style your doing. Glad to know it's coming to gog too!
Post edited April 27, 2015 by coryrj1995