It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sit back, relax – and play Unloop, now with a -30% launch discount until March 13th, 2 PM UTC!

Experience the absence of text, disruptive tutorials, timers, and distractions. Dive into a tranquil experience with the soothing melodies of the soundtrack, allowing you to delve into each puzzle at your leisure. The gameplay will grace youu with 150 intricately designed levels, each unfolding gradually in complexity. Encounter new challenges along the way, sparking your creativity and pushing you to think outside the box.

Now on GOG!
mrkgnao: 2) It takes the game exactly 15 seconds to load every time, which seems a lot for this kind of small game, and is somewhat annoying, since I normally play in very short sessions (5-10 minutes or less). Are you perhaps checking for something on game load? Perhaps the presence of galaxy (which I do not use)?
ThreeTrees.eu: 2) I'm using the Galaxy Steam API Wrapper (it allows to use code made for Steam, and basically pretends Galaxy is the Steam client when the game tries to connect - this way the code for achievements etc can be the same for both Galaxy and Steam) and the 15s are its timeout when Galaxy is not running. It blocks the games executing during this time.
I will investigate what I can do about it!
First, welcome to the forum! It's always nice to see devs here.

First, you should ask GOG to give your account developer status. That will make you stand out among common users.

Second, the above problem is easily solved. If you are using the latest version of the Steam Wrapper you can configure the timeout. The wrapper should have a configuration file called GalaxyConfig.json. Just edit it and add

"auth_timeout": 1

to it.

And third: Would it be possible to add the Android .apk as an extra so we can play on the phone as well?
ThreeTrees.eu: 1) I can add a quit button to the settings to have full mouse control. Added it to the list for the next update, thank you for the suggestion!

2) I'm using the Galaxy Steam API Wrapper (it allows to use code made for Steam, and basically pretends Galaxy is the Steam client when the game tries to connect - this way the code for achievements etc can be the same for both Galaxy and Steam) and the 15s are its timeout when Galaxy is not running. It blocks the games executing during this time.
Thank you!

P.S. Currently at level 62.

Geralt_of_Rivia: Second, the above problem is easily solved. If you are using the latest version of the Steam Wrapper you can configure the timeout. The wrapper should have a configuration file called GalaxyConfig.json. Just edit it and add

to it.
Thank you! It works.
Post edited March 02, 2024 by mrkgnao
ThreeTrees.eu: 2) I'm using the Galaxy Steam API Wrapper (it allows to use code made for Steam, and basically pretends Galaxy is the Steam client when the game tries to connect - this way the code for achievements etc can be the same for both Galaxy and Steam) and the 15s are its timeout when Galaxy is not running. It blocks the games executing during this time.
Geralt_of_Rivia: First, welcome to the forum! It's always nice to see devs here.

First, you should ask GOG to give your account developer status. That will make you stand out among common users.

Second, the above problem is easily solved. If you are using the latest version of the Steam Wrapper you can configure the timeout. The wrapper should have a configuration file called GalaxyConfig.json. Just edit it and add

to it.

And third: Would it be possible to add the Android .apk as an extra so we can play on the phone as well?
Thank you so much!
Just tested and then uploaded a new version with this parameter included, so the issue is fixed.

The Steam Wrapper doc page doesn't list "auth_timeout" in the list of parameters, so I had not found it before.

Having the Android APK as an extra is a good idea, I'll implement that!
Post edited March 02, 2024 by ThreeTrees.eu
ThreeTrees.eu: I will investigate what I can do about it!
It's a known bug that GOG was supposedly going to fix a few months ago. They've written about a workaround: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/it_seems_like_gog_is_unable_to_retain_even_their_long_supporting_developers_now/post45

Edit: Should have read to the end. Geralt_of_Rivia has already posted the workaround.
Post edited March 02, 2024 by mk47at
ThreeTrees.eu: Custom backgrounds can not be added currently. It would be possible to implement, but would present a challenge in how to scale them - unless it's plain color or very abstract, just stretching/scaling to match the resolution would not look very good... The current backgrounds are dynamic objects that can scale themselves to any size, but this makes them not easy to change based on player input.
Thanks for your answer! In that case, you might keep this idea in mind for your next game. You could also increase the utility of the background image to tell a visual story. What I'm thinking of is switching backgrounds, either in increments of 10 levels or grouping your stages thematically. Let's assume a set of 40 levels, each centered around seasons, countries, space travel, food, animals. For solving a set, players could get rewarded with a special picture. Furthermore, the puzzle-solving aspect could be combined with the Super Qix mechanic to uncover a hidden image. It would be used to gradually reveal a background image based on the player's progress and parts of it randomly hidden when a move has been taken back.

If you are going to use any of these ideas for Unloop² and once you've become a Ritch bitch, please don't forget about me! ;-)
Post edited March 02, 2024 by Mori_Yuki
ThreeTrees.eu: Custom backgrounds can not be added currently. It would be possible to implement, but would present a challenge in how to scale them - unless it's plain color or very abstract, just stretching/scaling to match the resolution would not look very good... The current backgrounds are dynamic objects that can scale themselves to any size, but this makes them not easy to change based on player input.
Mori_Yuki: Thanks for your answer! In that case, you might keep this idea in mind for your next game. You could also increase the utility of the background image to tell a visual story. What I'm thinking of is switching backgrounds, either in increments of 10 levels or grouping your stages thematically. Let's assume a set of 40 levels, each centered around seasons, countries, space travel, food, animals. For solving a set, players could get rewarded with a special picture. Furthermore, the puzzle-solving aspect could be combined with the Super Qix mechanic to uncover a hidden image. It would be used to gradually reveal a background image based on the player's progress and parts of it randomly hidden when a move has been taken back.

If you are going to use any of these ideas for Unloop² and once you've become a Ritch bitch, please don't forget about me! ;-)
I will make sure to remember it for sure :)

Right now I hope players will discover Unloop and enjoy what I've been making the last 2.5 years!
Geralt_of_Rivia: And third: Would it be possible to add the Android .apk as an extra so we can play on the phone as well?
ThreeTrees.eu: Thank you so much!
Just tested and then uploaded a new version with this parameter included, so the issue is fixed.

The Steam Wrapper doc page doesn't list "auth_timeout" in the list of parameters, so I had not found it before.

You're welcome. I know this feature is not documented yet but I was lucky enough to read about it on this forum.

Can you give any ETA for the Android APK?
Bought it and played the first 35 levels so far. It's a very nice puzzle game for such a low price. At this point it's not really hard, but you have to pay attention and play carefully to not make stupid mistakes. Guess it gets harder in the later levels.
PaterAlf: Guess it gets harder in the later levels.
It does, especially past level 100, although this comes primarily from the levels becoming progressively larger and more complex, while the process of solving them remains much the same throughout.

The hardest level for me was 101.
Post edited March 08, 2024 by mrkgnao
ThreeTrees.eu: Thank you so much!

Geralt_of_Rivia: You're welcome. I know this feature is not documented yet but I was lucky enough to read about it on this forum.

Can you give any ETA for the Android APK?
I just send the APK to GOG so it should be available as soon they process it.
PaterAlf: Bought it and played the first 35 levels so far. It's a very nice puzzle game for such a low price. At this point it's not really hard, but you have to pay attention and play carefully to not make stupid mistakes. Guess it gets harder in the later levels.
Thank you!

It does get harder later on - at level 35 you are still in the "introductory" part where new elements and mechanics are being added. Later the levels use all of those for larger, more complex challenges.
PaterAlf: Guess it gets harder in the later levels.
mrkgnao: It does, especially past level 100, although this comes primarily from the levels becoming progressively larger and more complex, while the process of solving them remains much the same throughout.

The hardest level for me was 101.
Thats interesting, usually 122 and the last levels past 140 are considered the hardest by most players.
But 101 is a pretty tricky one too :)
Post edited March 08, 2024 by ThreeTrees.eu
high rated
Android Version is now available under "Extras"!
ThreeTrees.eu: Android Version is now available under "Extras"!
Many thanks!

Reported it also here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread_part_2_the_search_for_more_updates/post3174
mrkgnao: Many thanks!

Reported it also here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread_part_2_the_search_for_more_updates/post3174
Thank you! :)
And downloaded. Thank you!