It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What we do in the shadows.

Unavowed is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM, 10% off until August 15th, 1:30pm UTC.
Evil is awake in the city that never sleeps. Enthralled by a demon you did unspeakable things until the Unavowed freed you from its spell. Joining this ancient society that battles the supernatural might be your only chance for some answers and -perhaps- redemption.
Prepare for a branching narrative full of fateful choices and RPG elements in Wadjet Eye's most ambitious adventure to date.

Complete your collection with the game's Soundtrack.

In the press:

RockPaperShotgun calls the game "one of the most impressive point and click adventures made in many, many years".

PC Gamer concludes that it's "An atmospheric, well-designed adventure elevated by borrowing elements from role-playing games".

AdventureGamers describes it as "a stylish urban supernatural fantasy that is touching, funny, endearing, replayable and above all, fun".
Post edited August 10, 2018 by maladr0Id
trusteft: A couple of the reviews are so obviously fake it's hilarious.
Vainamoinen: Like this one:

==========================
This is the first Wadjet Eye game where I found myself skipping the dialogue, and that was during the intro. I quit shortly after because that game is simply terrible.

Characters are bland and uninteresting. Puzzles offer very little challenge and logic/credibility. The writing is bad.

The story is boring.
==========================

It is, coincidentally, the review of some guy who gave every single visual novel one star without ever playing them, for some he posted TWO one star reviews, just to make sure, went on the forum falsely claiming GOG did a "review wipe", proceeded to rate the soundtracks to those games "pedophile trash" as well. There are, IDK, about 50 one star reviews to his account, among them Curse of Monkey Island and Thimbleweek Park, and especially since he liked that clusterfuck "The Raven", you can easily guess that he is just about the least qualified person on this earth to review adventure games. :|

So don't worry, there's more than enough unsubstantiated negative reviews to balance out anything that may be too positive for you to believe they could be those of genuine fans.

Heck, wadjet eye is probably making those heaps of fan art themselves as well. :)

I'll post a review when I'm done with the game, but as it looks right now, four hours in, I'll easily outdo the praise in the two supposedly "fake" reviews you posted.
I think you are missing the point, but ok.
Looking forward to your review.
WOHOO, finished it. GOTY2018 so far

Recommend it to everyone who liked Ghostbusters (1984)
Post edited August 11, 2018 by AlienMind
trusteft: I think you are missing the point, but ok.
I'm not sure I do. Is the point that you believe these positive reviews to be fabricated? Possibly even written by the developer himself in order to boost sales of his games?

Because, frankly, I think that's not the case. But I do see how the thought seems strange, the thought that a developer still has "fans" in the present game culture that's permeated by entitlement, outrage and negativity.

Still: With GOG members that have been on the platform for six years calling Unavowed "GOTY2018" already, do you still think these reviews are necessarily fake?

/edit: Disclaimer: I was trying to verify whether these same reviews might have been posted elsewhere (usually Steam), but couldn't find a match. This is one of the more credible ways of having new users with zero games in their accounts write gushing reviews without having the developer involved - they just post it everywhere. But alas, I dove in and turned up with empty hands. These reviews could well be fake, or not. I have no proof for either.
Post edited August 11, 2018 by Vainamoinen
AlienMind: It's good!
Also, I second Linux and Android and Switch and every device in the universe would be better off having this available for it. So please make it available for those :-)
Well, technically, Linux and Android are OSes, not devices (though the later is only used in phones as far as I know).

In particular, Linux is extremely likely to be running your modem, smart TV, any smart (and not so smart) device you have that needs an OS to run pretty much, the servers that powers this website (Windows has a relatively small pie of that market, mostly for .net users), not to mention all super-computers last time I checked and a growing collection of CPU architecture really (if you always wanted to have an open-handed tablet, you can now get a Rasperry Pi, a touch-screen and build your own... yay!).

So you see, Linux encompass quite a few devices, but I think that in this case, the requesters had the intel CPU architecture in mind, using the more mainstream Debian-based distributions (Ubuntu and Mint really) with a graphical user interface obviously.

On that note, carry on :).
Post edited August 12, 2018 by Magnitus
At all the reviews, 'lovers' and 'haters' of the game / genre
everyone is entitled to have his/her opinion, and so is everyone also allowed to ignore them.

I read reviews decades ago before we had internet, in paper magazines like PC gameplay ( english / and or Dutch/Belgian) today we have internet which doesnt mean we have to read anything or everything we see, we can simply choose to ignore it, I ignore most of it and always decide for myself whether or not to buy the game.

Why ? cause you never know if people were paid to review games/movies /musicals etc etc etc... so i always 'judge' and decide for myself to buy a game, music cd , dvd etc etc etc.

I watch youtube movies with playthroughs so i can see whats in the game, what to expect and if the game is suitable for me ( does it have zooming? rotating? flashy effects like lightning and stroboscopic light etc etc etc)
if they havent i continue the movies and thats when i start to 'review'/ 'evaluate' the game(s) cause basically every game has some good parts in it and price makes a huge difference ofcourse ( eg: i paid 25 euros for lords of xulima cause i found the game was worth it imho)

Anyway, thats the way i 'review' games: a proces of 'elimination':

bad: FPP/3D , zooming, rotating, too many full screen flashing lights, weird sounds, etc etc etc
good: the rest
Vainamoinen: it lets you zoom in on basically everything you'd really like to zoom in on
What is this? First I've heard of it and I own the game.
deleted
There's nothing Unavowed and Ghostbusters have in common beyond urban supernatural. Unavowed isn't a campy comedy.
kalirion: There's nothing Unavowed and Ghostbusters have in common beyond urban supernatural. Unavowed isn't a campy comedy.
I can't believe you have played the game. The dialog choices and situations are winkingly hi-larious (so.. serious in a comedic over the top funny way even though managing to keep dramatic exactly in the vein of ghostbusters) and the whole feeling screams 80s cliche new york (which i heard in a podcast the games creator actually is from lol).
also, it's about possession and getting rid of ghosts, which is done by a group of people each having his own character and spin about it.. hello!?
Post edited August 13, 2018 by AlienMind
kalirion: There's nothing Unavowed and Ghostbusters have in common beyond urban supernatural. Unavowed isn't a campy comedy.
AlienMind: I can't believe you have played the game. The dialog choices are winkingly hi-larious and the whole feeling screams 80s cliche new york.
I just finished the game, actually. Sure there are some sarcastic dialog options and some funny moments, but overall I found it to be a more or less serious game.
AlienMind: I can't believe you have played the game. The dialog choices are winkingly hi-larious and the whole feeling screams 80s cliche new york.
kalirion: I just finished the game, actually. Sure there are some sarcastic dialog options and some funny moments, but overall I found it to be a more or less serious game.
..more or less serious.. which ghostbusters isn't? let's agree to disagree :) sorry about assuming you didn't play the game - i was an arrogant idiot.
Post edited August 13, 2018 by AlienMind
kalirion: I just finished the game, actually. Sure there are some sarcastic dialog options and some funny moments, but overall I found it to be a more or less serious game.
AlienMind: ..more or less serious.. which ghostbusters isn't?
Ghostbusters is like 80% camp. Unavowed is closer to, let's see, Angel, but more serious that that even.
Post edited August 13, 2018 by kalirion