It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Will you allow lawlessness to fester?

Bastard's Wound is now available DRM-free on GOG.com. To celebrate, all other Tyranny products are up to -60% until September 11, 5PM UTC.
This expansion explores a never-before seen region of the Tiers populated by war refugees. Take on new, morally-challenging adventures, and delve deeper into the personal stories of Barik, Lantry and Verse.

Tyranny also just received a free update which includes new voice-acting, expanded content on the third act, and an all-new path to an unseen ending.

The Official Soundtrack Deluxe Edition is now available for purchase. This is already included in the Archon and Overlord Editions.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited September 08, 2017 by maladr0Id
mystral: I might agree with that if it wasn't for the fact that Kyros is constantly mentioned in the game. Why build him/her so much as an overlord and ultimate enemy if you're never going to actually fight or interact?
Do you also complained about Mass Effect 1 that you couldn't face entire fleet of the Reapers, even if they get mentioned constantly through the game? :)

Kyros is mentioned in Tyranny so many times to build the lore of the game. They are the lord of the continent and how anyone in the game think about them is a major thing in the whole lore and to learn characters motivations and personalities, including yours. Kyros is portrayed as distant mystery. They way they are talked about in the game suggests that they are out of our league, never suggesting that you can even try to confront them.

SPOILERS
Only at the end you grow your power significantly enough to even consider that facing Kyros would be (still rather unlikely) possibility. Even when you can cast edicts yourself it still says that they are not nearly as powerful as Kyros's.
I didn't get at all a feeling that Kyros will be my ultimate enemy in my playthrough. I got constantly reminded that distant god-level powerful being that can eradicate all life in a province with one spell is rather beyond my capabilities, and my real enemies and my purpose in the game is facing other Archons, that maybe if working hard enough and unlocking power from spires i can be as powerful as them.
Since act one game builds Archons and situation in the Tiers as main topics of the game. Kyros and the whole continent that is outside of this little country is portrayed as huge and distant and not focus of the game at all.
For me, getting Tunnon and Ashe on my side and actually have a power to turn away invading armies at the end was a very satisfying conclusion of my Fatebinder's story arc.
Kyros is far away in a huge country and you were playing with other Archons in just one little country throughout whole game. Tiers are just a part of empire, the same as Tyranny can be part of a franchise.
/ SPOILERS
Post edited September 09, 2017 by ponku1
finally appeared in my library.

anyway, i still think the "preorder" versions should be viewed as "regular" ersion in the store, for the sake of "owned" flag, even if bearing different productID
Djaron: anyway, i still think the "preorder" versions should be viewed as "regular" ersion in the store, for the sake of "owned" flag, even if bearing different productID
Right? It's really easy:
Why not make pre-order or kickstarter bonuses a non-purchasable DLC for the regular version?
Why not make different editions of a game (Archon, Overlord, Champion, Royal) a non-purchasable DLC for the basic edition (Commander, Hero)?
Why not make any "deluxe edition" of any game a DLC for the basic edition?

For example:
Buying Royal Edition of PoE? You got regular Hero Edition + 2 DLC (Champion + Royal)
Are you Kickstarter backer of PoE with Royal Edition? You got regular Hero Edition + 3 DLC (Champion + Royal + Kickstarter bonuses)
Bought pre-order of Tyranny: Overlord Edition? You got regular Commander Edition + 3 DLC (Archon + Overlord + Pre-order bonuses)

What stands in the way?
And above all:
Why are you ignoring us, GOG?!
mystral: I'm talking about Kyros as an enemy because back when I played it the game forced you to antagonize him/her. I tried to play a mostly loyal Fatebinder who followed the law as best he could, and yet I had no choice but to betray Kyros and use a magical nuke on his lands towards the end. That was a large part of the reason the ending felt unsatisfying to me, tbh. If they changed that, then that's cool, but there really should have been an option to remain loyal in the base game at release.

Both DA 2 and NWN 2 have unsatisfying endings imo, just like Tyranny and unfortunately many other games. So using them as examples of "complete" endings doesn't do much for me.
Olauron: Yes, the game forces you to antagonize Kyros, at the end. For the most part you are able to play loyal (there is a certain lack of proper responses when for example rebels say something like "no need for Kyros here" but it's mostly not Fatebringer words). I agree that the base game could have more options in the 3rd act. But this forcing doesn't suddenly make your main goal to defeat Kyros. Your goal is the same: to unite the Tiers.
And I wholeheartedly agree that an ability to stay fully loyal to Kyros should have been in the game from day one. This is not a problem of completeness though, this is a problem of railroading.
POSSIBLE SPOILERS:
Guys, I'm really puzzled by this thread. In my playthrough I was able to remain loyal to Kyros at the end (I chose not to, though). Admittedly, I only bought the game a few days ago, so I cannot attest to how the game handled that matter in its original state, but I have none of the DLCs installed. Did Obsidian added that option in a patch?
rivendell13: POSSIBLE SPOILERS:
Guys, I'm really puzzled by this thread. In my playthrough I was able to remain loyal to Kyros at the end (I chose not to, though). Admittedly, I only bought the game a few days ago, so I cannot attest to how the game handled that matter in its original state, but I have none of the DLCs installed. Did Obsidian added that option in a patch?
The patch that came along with the release of the DLC added extra content to the third act. You don't need the DLC for that extra content.
rivendell13: POSSIBLE SPOILERS:
tremere110: The patch that came along with the release of the DLC added extra content to the third act. You don't need the DLC for that extra content.
SPOILERS:

Thanks, Tremere! I'm glad they added the option. I think that the game does a pretty good job in showing the player how Kyros' rule might be preferable to some of the other alternatives (I mean I rained fire on the Northern Empire just to stop his/her advance, how is that a good thing? :)), so having that option at the end definitely makes sense :)