It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Delve deep into a fascinating, dystopian universe where Lovecraftian themes meet cyberpunk ones. Transient, a thrilling adventure game, is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 15% discount that will end on 4th November 2020, at 5 PM UTC. In the distant, post-apocalyptic future, what is left of mankind lives in a citadel called Domed City Providence. As Randolph Carter, a member of a hacker group called ODIN, you accidentally stumble across the terrifying truth that might even make you question your very existence!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Vythonaut: Lovecraftian here, Lovecraftian there; it looks like Mr. Lovecraft has become quite popular in PC gaming lately.
It is everywhere those days, it`s crazy :D

I wrote a message and email to Stormling
https://stormlingstudios.com/contact/

[i]Dear Stormling,

I adore your game, my main platform is Gog.com,
please release Trailer including Gog in it,

and what is crucial

Please make a demo of Transient available on Gog.com

Kindest Regards
Seb7... and more[/i]
Attachments:
Post edited October 29, 2020 by user deleted
Vythonaut: Lovecraftian here, Lovecraftian there; it looks like Mr. Lovecraft has become quite popular in PC gaming lately.
More like: "Here's a setting/theme we can borrow without having to worry about copyright/paying any license fee." =/ Frankly, I'm getting sick of all that shtick.
Mr.Mumbles: More like: "Here's a setting/theme we can borrow without having to worry about copyright/paying any license fee." =/ Frankly, I'm getting sick of all that shtick.
^This. I'm a fan of Lovecraft, but i think there's already an overabundance of games that borrow stuff from the Cthulhu mythos or general themes. We need more originality, i think.
Mr.Mumbles: More like: "Here's a setting/theme we can borrow without having to worry about copyright/paying any license fee." =/ Frankly, I'm getting sick of all that shtick.
Thing is, GaMeRs *want* "Lovecraftian", it's edgy and "intellectual". So, most of the times, devs don't even bother making actual Lovecraftian games, they make a horror game, then they call it Lovecraftian so that people buy it. Sometimes they'll throw in some tentacles.

It got to a point where people are calling Lovecraftian to games that clearly aren't, basically equating horror games with Lovecraftian automatically (see the person up there claiming >observer_ is Lovecraftian, when it clearly isn't).

I have nothing against Lovecraft's works, they're fine, but I sure would love for studios to ease on the "Lovecraftian" shtick a bit.
Post edited October 29, 2020 by groze
SaarElwood: Hi everybody,

according to the gamecard the game should have Achievements?

However, according to the Galaxy Client there seem to be no Achievements, can anyone confirm this?
MarkoH01: Maybe it is just the usual GOG fault (it's a shame that there's such a thing like usual fault btw) in which you don't see any achievements until you have unlocked them?
Yes, it's another one of those cases, the achievements were visible in the "popular achievements" section before people started playing it and lowering the percentages.

However, the cause of this bug is the developers who forget to set the achievements mode once the full game is released, it's a simple option to select, so nothing worrying after all.
GOG.com: Lovecraftian themes meet cyberpunk ones
fronzelneekburm: Ugh...

It may sound like these things may go well together at first. Then you play Observer and you realise that no, they don't, and the result is just a muddled hot mess.

Unfortunately, I don't have high hopes that this title does the mix any better.
I enjoyed Observer and think it was quite a nice experience.
MarkoH01: I enjoyed Observer and think it was quite a nice experience.
I thought it was a pile of shit and one of the worst purchases I made on this site.

It's ok if you liked it, though... diff'rent strokes and all that.

groze: Thing is, GaMeRs *want* "Lovecraftian", it's edgy and "intellectual". So, most of the times, devs don't even bother making actual Lovecraftian games, they make a horror game, then they call it Lovecraftian so that people buy it. Sometimes they'll throw in some tentacles.

It got to a point where people are calling Lovecraftian to games that clearly aren't, basically equating horror games with Lovecraftian automatically (see the person up there claiming >observer_ is Lovecraftian, when it clearly isn't).

I have nothing against Lovecraft's works, they're fine, but I sure would love for studios to ease on the "Lovecraftian" shtick a bit.
Look, kids! Someone decided to dress up as "drooling retard" for Halloween! :D
SaarElwood: Hi everybody,

according to the gamecard the game should have Achievements?

However, according to the Galaxy Client there seem to be no Achievements, can anyone confirm this?
MarkoH01: Maybe it is just the usual GOG fault (it's a shame that there's such a thing like usual fault btw) in which you don't see any achievements until you have unlocked them?
Hi Marko,

You were right, as so often. The Achievements are available, only the Galaxy Client does not show them directly. Only after you have unlocked the achievements in the game, they will be displayed
fronzelneekburm: I thought it was a pile of shit and one of the worst purchases I made on this site.
It's ok if you liked it, though... diff'rent strokes and all that.
I am sure there are quite a few fan favorites out there which I despite as well ... that is the thing with taste and I am glad that people do have different taste otherwise we would only have one type of games :)
Post edited October 30, 2020 by MarkoH01