It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A reverse tower defense game, where instead of defending against incoming enemies, you play the baddies and guide your minions to the exit – Tower Escape is now available on GOG with a -25% discount that lasts until August 2nd, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for a unique twist on the tower defense genre with Tower Escape! In this reverse tower defense game, you'll guide a team of minions through treasure-filled mazes as you attempt to escape the tower. Use strategy and puzzle-solving skills to overcome obstacles and unlock the exit, collecting powerful gems and relics along the way to transform gameplay and make each run unique. Are you ready to lead your minions to freedom and emerge victorious?

Get it now and make use of the discount!
The concept is interesting, but a bit too retro for my taste.
It's basically a standard Tower Defence game, just with role reversal. Why can't developers be a bit more experimental when creating games so that they are less like others that have gone before. Such as 'Craft the World', 'Stronghold' or 'Diplomacy is Not an Option' with their spin on the Tower Defence genre...
So what's the unique twist?
Trooper1270: It's basically a standard Tower Defence game, just with role reversal.
But isn't Tower Defense itself a role reversal? (In a typical action game (and some non-action games, like many RPGs), a typical goal is to get past the enemy defenses to enter an enemy stronghold and do something there.)
Earn accomplishments and showcase your skills with Steam Achievements
Save your progress and pick up where you left off with Steam Cloud Saves
Sure, this is exactly the kind of features I am looking for in my GOG games…
vv221: Sure, this is exactly the kind of features I am looking for in my GOG games…
As a sales pitch, it successfully distracted me from the "everything's procedurally generated" bullet point that's just above those two. Not my thing once I saw it - I want a hand-crafted campaign for the first playthrough, even if there's an option to use a randomiser later for replay value.
clarry: So what's the unique twist?
I think they are calling the "reverse tower defense" concept the "unique twist."
clarry: So what's the unique twist?
Ancient-Red-Dragon: I think they are calling the "reverse tower defense" concept the "unique twist."
Mm, maybe. That's hardly unique though. Even on GOG we have the Anomaly series, for example..