It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The halls are alive with the sound of SHOOTING!

Tower 57, a top-down shooter taking place inside a dieselpunk tower, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 17% discount until November 23, 12PM UTC.
All that's left of our crumbling civilization are these enigmatic Megatowers. Now seven uniquely skilled individuals find themselves inside one such enigmatic complex looking for answers, treasure, and trouble. Naturally, its diverse ecosystem immediately fights back, but with quick reflexes and each other's help, they might just make it to the top.

Get the Two-Pack edition, which includes an additional code for a GOG copy of the game, and invite a friend into the co-op slaughter.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited November 16, 2017 by maladr0Id
tinyE: What is the save system? Continues? Checkpoints? Permadeath?
227: A checkpoint save after levels. There's also a city area with a hotel where you can manually trigger the save. You start the game by selecting 3 out of the game's available 6 characters, and they act like a lives system. Die as one of them, and you switch to one of the others. No permadeath; if you die as all three, you just get sent back to the last checkpoint. There are orbs you can find during levels that allow you to resurrect dead characters, too.

Also, starting a new game doesn't overwrite a previous playthrough's save. It automatically saves in a different slot.
thank you :D
It looks like Chaos Engine rip-off. :?
Kerebron: It looks like Chaos Engine rip-off. :?
it's actually a chaos engine rip-on, not rip-off.
Post edited November 16, 2017 by fortune_p_dawg
Hi,

Do you like games?
Would you like this game?
Are you a Swede who would like this game?
Are you a Swede who would like this game and att bada isvak?
No?
Well, that's to bad, because we have a sweet discount on this game at the moment.
Attachments:
Post edited November 17, 2017 by MightyPinecone
One of those things where Steam version has achievements but GOG doesn't?
fortune_p_dawg: it's actually a chaos engine rip-on, not rip-off.
And it's a damn good rip-on-off.
ShadowWulfe: One of those things where Steam version has achievements but GOG doesn't?
Since there is a Galaxy-DRM-installer available for Tower 57, I think the achievements are in the GOG version too.
Post edited November 17, 2017 by john_hatcher
I picked up the two-pack so my brother and I can play together on separate computers, but I never got any kind of code or other mechanism for sharing the game. Any idea what I'm missing?
Datan0de: Any idea what I'm missing?
I think (but not 100% sure) that you should find a code in your account. Go to your account on a browser, find the game, click on it, click more, click "Serial Keys" (or however it's called). There should be a code there for the 2nd copy.
The serials do not appear under Galaxy, so you'll need a browser to see them.
Datan0de: I picked up the two-pack so my brother and I can play together on separate computers, but I never got any kind of code or other mechanism for sharing the game. Any idea what I'm missing?
Hello. Go to your library with an internet browser like Chrome (the Galaxy client won't work). Click the game's image and you will see a button called "More". Click it and it will bring up a drop-down menu. There should be an option called "Serial Keys"'; click it and you will see the code.
Datan0de: I picked up the two-pack so my brother and I can play together on separate computers, but I never got any kind of code or other mechanism for sharing the game. Any idea what I'm missing?
Grargar: Hello. Go to your library with an internet browser like Chrome (the Galaxy client won't work). Click the game's image and you will see a button called "More". Click it and it will bring up a drop-down menu. There should be an option called "Serial Keys"'; click it and you will see the code.
Got it! Thanks, and sorry for the noob question. Really enjoying this game!
Datan0de: Got it! Thanks, and sorry for the noob question. Really enjoying this game!
Not a noob question but maybe a newbie one. It is totally illogical that Galaxy does not work.
There is an article on the game in the latest edition of Retro Gamer. They were massive fans of the Amiga and Chaos Engine in particular, which inspired them to make this game.