It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Put your puzzle-solving skills to the test in a game set in a post-apocalyptic future.
Genre: Simulation
Discount: 20% off until 10th March 2022, at 2 PM UTC
Wow, I totally mistook this for a new Zachtronics game.

I can't wait to play it!
This looks fun.
Post edited March 03, 2022 by OdanUrr
GOG.com: Put your puzzle-solving skills to the test in a game set in a post-apocalyptic future.
Not gonna lie: this game really doesn't want to tell us too much about itself, huh?
Sure: post-apocalypse, puzzles...but nothing more?
And even that little I get only from the quote above, but not from the game's page/description.
Looks interesting.

Had to go to Steam to get more info:

The Steam synopsis:

Set in a post-apocalyptic future, The Signal State puts your logic skills to the test with complex puzzles inspired by modular synthesizers. Repair machines, rebuild an abandoned farm, and be part of a revolution that will change the fate of agriculture once and for all.

Here, on GOG, it says: "Puzzle Workshop and Sandbox Mode are coming soon!". On Steam it says:

Feb 10 2020:

Our Puzzle Workshop is here!
Now you can create your own brain teasers and browse puzzles made by other players with the Steam Workshop integration.
Players must be logged into Steam to use the Puzzle Workshop.
So.. it will be interesting to see what happens there...
Post edited March 03, 2022 by Martek
Martek: Here, on GOG, it says: "Puzzle Workshop and Sandbox Mode are coming soon!". On Steam it says:
------------------------
So.. it will be interesting to see what happens there...
FYI here is a way to download steam workshop titles: https://steamworkshopdownloader.io/ paste the steam link in and you can download any mode from there. It's been a life saver!
You can never have enough VCA:s.
Blastprocessor42: Wow, I totally mistook this for a new Zachtronics game.
I guess Zach-alikes are a thing now. ;)
Hello everyone!

Yes, initially I got the impression it would be another 'Zachtronics' game, as well.

However, independent of the (obvious) inspiration, it appears to be a really interesting game.
The low-tech (analog and high-fi) equipment and components look awesome!

Nonetheless, I would like to know a couple of things:

- First, is some knowledge regarding signal processing and corresponding equipment / instrumentation required, or does the game introduces its components and functions step-by-step?
(Because I do not see a manual or any extras to speak of mentioned on the game page. 'Zachtronics' games are well made with regard to tutorials and additional documentation where necessary!)

- Secondly, are multiple solutions possible--again as in the 'Zachtronics' games--or is it only about figuring out 'the' solution of the designer(s)?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
foxgog
This looks interesting. But in the opposite to the Zachtronics games it has no Linux version. :(
Sihnu: You can never have enough VCA:s.
... or EGs.
foxgog:
The first 10 puzzles are all tutorials to introduce you to the basic modules, so no prior knowledge is needed to play. That said, if you've ever played with a modular synth, or have a background in electronics, that would certainly help since most of it will be quite familiar.
I do miss the beautiful manuals that Zachtronics makes, but at the same time the core mechanics of Signal State are much simpler. There's no complicated assembly language that needs to be documented like with TIS-100, ShenzhenIO, or Exapunks.

Multiple solutions are definitely possible. You're free to use and abuse the modules however you like, so long as you turn the input into the desired output somehow.
It looks interesting but also very complex.
Blastprocessor42: (...)
The first 10 puzzles are all tutorials to introduce you to the basic modules, so no prior knowledge is needed to play. That said, if you've ever played with a modular synth, or have a background in electronics, that would certainly help since most of it will be quite familiar.
(...)
Multiple solutions are definitely possible. You're free to use and abuse the modules however you like, so long as you turn the input into the desired output somehow.
Hello Blastprocessor42!

Thank you for your detailed response to my questions!
This puts the game "Signal State" near the top of my (offline) wishlist of games I am going to buy soon.
The availability of multiple soultions to a puzzle or task in particular is a highly appreciated feature, since I am kind of spoiled by the approach of the 'Zachtronics' games.

Still, I want to give some of my recent additions to my gog game catalog a chance to be played first.

Kind regards,
foxgog