It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Your space federation.

<span class="bold">The Last Federation Collection</span> & <span class="bold">The Lost Technologies</span>, a turn-based Sci-Fi space epic, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with 50% off the collection, and 10% off The Lost Technologies DLC.

From the creators of AI War: Fleet Command comes the turn-based, tactical space simulator. A great genocide has swept through the universe, entire world and races have been wiped away at the whims of power-hungry rulers and frustrated subjects. Your people are all but gone as well, and peace has been restored... for now.
In The Last Federation, your mission is to form a brave new world, a new system, the last space federation. You'll traverse the outer reaches of space on a quest of diplomacy, resources, trading, and a turn-based combat - sometimes, a few may have to die for the good of many.
If you've played AI War: Fleet Command, you'll know to expect a degree of difficulty and complexity that require a bit more than simple pick up and play, nonetheless enough effort has gone into the difficulty curve for newcomers, and as always - incredible rewards wait for those who earn them.

The Lost Technologies premieres today as well. It's an expansion that features (not surprisingly) new and incredibly unique technology for all the in-game races, interesting "side effects" to existing tech mechanics, new content to explore and an all-new Tech Race game mode: a cutthroat race for technological superiority.

The Last Federation Collection features the base game, as well as the Betrayed Hope & The Lost Technologies DLC all at 50% off!

Rebuild <span class="bold">The Last Federation</span> and recover <span class="bold">The Lost Technologies</span>, now DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discounts will last for one week, until November 18, 1:59 PM GMT.
Pop
Okay well this game looks impossible. XD
Weird, I thought this game was already here.
Nice to see another expansion for it. Arcen really managed to hide it this time :)
Post edited November 12, 2015 by Matruchus
high rated
GOG.com: <span class="bold">The Last Federation Collection</span> & <span class="bold">The Lost Technologies</span>, a turn-based Sci-Fi space epic, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with 50% off the collection, and 10% off The Lost Technologies DLC.
That's basically a "Fuck you!" to everyone who bought the base game and DLC1 before.

While I do understand that Arcen doesn't want to go into deep discount territory on day 1 I do not understand that new customers get it at -50% off while everyone else only gets -10%.
That's one way to do a trailer (ie. Last Fed Collection).

I've only ever played AI War from Arcen, thanks to GOG, and that totally blew my mind. If I had many more gaming hours, I'd be playing it now in fact.

Anyone in the know can tell me how The Last Federation is similar/different?

(Too bad this will probably get lost in the Sale Shuffle :( )
Geralt_of_Rivia: That's basically a "Fuck you!" to everyone who bought the base game and DLC1 before.

While I do understand that Arcen doesn't want to go into deep discount territory on day 1 I do not understand that new customers get it at -50% off while everyone else only gets -10%.
Yep the pricing comparison of The last Federation Collection and the game + dlcs is very far off at the moment. People who didn't buy the game till now will profit immensely in comparison to existing owners. Ah, well on to the wishlist with it.
Post edited November 11, 2015 by Matruchus
GOG.com: <span class="bold">The Last Federation Collection</span> & <span class="bold">The Lost Technologies</span>, a turn-based Sci-Fi space epic, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with 50% off the collection, and 10% off The Lost Technologies DLC.
Geralt_of_Rivia: That's basically a "Fuck you!" to everyone who bought the base game and DLC1 before.

My thought exactly. Not nice at all.
Well... I'm waiting for the new DLC to be at least 50% off, since I'm currently being punished for already owning the base game and first DLC. >:(
thuey: That's one way to do a trailer (ie. Last Fed Collection).

I've only ever played AI War from Arcen, thanks to GOG, and that totally blew my mind. If I had many more gaming hours, I'd be playing it now in fact.

Anyone in the know can tell me how The Last Federation is similar/different?

(Too bad this will probably get lost in the Sale Shuffle :( )
Its a totally different game. While AI war is more or less a RTS/tower defense/4x hybrid you get to play as kind of behind the curtains player (last of a destroyed race) that tries to steer the contending races in one solar system in to a universal federation or as in dlc Betrayed Hope you can conquer them yourself. You can do undercover missions with tactical battles to deliver spacefaring tech to foreign races and this gives them sympathy towards your while the other spacefaring races my hate you for it. To deliver a tech you have to fight through enemy positions in a tactical pseudo turn based real time hybrid battle. You can do basically whatever you like in order to achieve an Universal Federation or Dominate them yourself. So other races give you missions which you can fullfill in order to earn their sympathy and possibly allienate others by doing so. The game has so many options its hard to write them up all together. Basically The Last Federation is a simulation where you do anything you can to further your goals, which includes researching teach, doing diplomacy, subvert tactics, tactical turn based battles, etc.

I advise you to look some gameplay videos on youtube.
Post edited November 11, 2015 by Matruchus
No discount on new DLC for people who already own Last Federation (versus new purchases getting 50% off) is a real bummer.
Post edited November 11, 2015 by undeadcow
Not that it's really a big deal at all, but the "Collection" says that it comes with 7 Wallpapers. The base game and first DLC come with 5 (what I have on my account currently) and the new DLC comes with 1. Is this additional Wallpaper only available in the Collection or is there a miscalculation somewhere?
TIL: How to not make a discount for returning customers.
yyahoo: Not that it's really a big deal at all, but the "Collection" says that it comes with 7 Wallpapers. The base game and first DLC come with 5 (what I have on my account currently) and the new DLC comes with 1. Is this additional Wallpaper only available in the Collection or is there a miscalculation somewhere?
I don't own the collection or the new DLC (not appreciating being punished for having bought the game before), so I am just basing my answer on MaGog's report, but MaGog sees both a "DLC: Collection: wallpaper" and a "DLC: The Last Federation - The Lost Technologies: wallpaper", so I'd say there's one that is unique to the collection, but I can't say whether one gets it if one buys the DLC (Barry_Woodward should be able to answer that).