It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Face a whole new batch of terrifying enemies, including vampires, zombies, necromancers, and… chickens. The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: Ruins of Limis is now available on GOG.COM along with new missions, challenging battles, sidequests, new factions, and fresh laughs.

To celebrate this DLC's release we bring you a 30% on The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet Of Chaos lasting until 1st June 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
this is a bummer. I still have base game waiting in my wishlist like forever and this makes it another forever. Base game is quite expensive. DLC has normal price range, though.
Is the base game worth playing? Demo seemed decent.
RPGFanboy: Is the base game worth playing? Demo seemed decent.
I wish I had the demo to play before I bought the base game. Where is it? I asked about it in the base game release thread, but nobody bothered answering. I find the game to be mostly hot garbage. Juvenile writing (and fixed unlikable characters, especially the "leader"), linear gameplay, random character comments in the middle of battle (sometimes causing the excruciatingly slow battles to freeze entirely). And no, the AI isn't particularly intelligent to compensate for its slowness; I suspect it's just poorly written, in some crappy popular scripting language for extra slowness. Plus apparently fans from France who think I should buy a game at full price because the ads look good. Congrats to their promotional team, at least.
Post edited May 25, 2021 by darktjm
In my opinion, definitely so. It was one of my favorite games of 2020.

The gameplay and combat encounters were fantastic, in my opinion. The game is kind of linear, but it's not supposed to be like a Divinity or something like that. It's just one tower / castle / dungeon, whatever you want to call it with numerous floors.

The writing and humor isn't going to be for everyone. It's not the kind of game for someone who's easily offended. The game doesn't take itself seriously in the characters and the writing. That's part of the charm of it, and it never tries to hide it. You have characters that are named "the Elf" "the Thief" "the Ranger" and so on. The Barbarian is a dumb meat head in a loincloth. The Elf is a bimbo who talks about things like ponies and shampoo. When she levels up enough her sex appeal also levels up, so her breasts get bigger, more cleavage, less clothes. Again, it's not for the overly sensitive or easily offended.

The characters do talk and say random things during the game, but that can be turned off, at least for The Elf, and The Dwarf, but again though, that's kind of the games charm.

Not sure where the AI complaint is coming from, because I didn't get that impression at all, and I own pretty much most of these kinds of games. No freezing, crashing, or anything like that on my end either, and I put like 70 hours on it when it first released here. I didn't get the feeling of anything excessively slow either from the combat, at least nothing much different from all the other turn-based games I've played, but if you have a weaker CPU that may cause things to take longer.

But yea, I'd definitely recommened it for someone who's looking for a nice tactical RPG, and can enjoy the humor and characters. It's all voice acted, the graphics are nice, large cast of characters with a 7 man, or optional 8 (choose 1 of 3 for final slot) man party, large skill tree for every character with a variety of builds, good amount of unique items, weapons and armor to acquire, with each class having a full set of epic or legendary gear.

It was an easy buy for me on day one when it came out and I wasn't disappointed at all, but I do really like the genre, and what the game was going for with the humor and characters.
Post edited May 25, 2021 by TomNuke
I like the game. The combat is really challenging at my difficulty (one above normal), but I am not that far, I think the third floor. The humor is not for everyone. It has a lot of hints to other fantasy games, books or movies. The presentation overall is good.

The rest is nothing special, but it works for me.
Post edited May 25, 2021 by iregart
This was also my favorite game of 2020. Loved it a lot. In fact as much that I started reading the french comics. I am happy there is a DLC respectively even a season pass for up to 3 DLCs. I was hoping the game would be a success and the fact, that the price tag is still at a stable level just emphasiszes that impression.

I liked the combat a lot, great sepcial abilities with a lot of diversity. Of course the game is mainly linear, but that didn't bother me. I don't think the humour is that juvenile, there are worse games... but yes, the humour is a little coarse and the ranger often commenting lewdly on anything the female elve is doing. But by far not in an offensive way, at least in my humble oppinion xD And a lot of references to popculture...
Post edited May 25, 2021 by Schlaumayr
How is the DLC?.