It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We all float down here, Hans.

The Count Lucanor is now available DRM-free on GOG.com, 70% off until September 24, 1pm UTC.
Away from home. Away from his poor mom, who couldn't afford to buy him any presents for his birthday. Hans wanted to escape but now he feels lost and alone, as darkness starts creeping in.
A twisted fairy tale about the corners of the imagination best left unexplored. Sneak around a castle full of horrors, talk to bizarre NPCs, make critical choices, and try to find what the scary kobold is hiding.
guy looks like fran bow, bought.
I played the game for a while, but I feel like I'm missing something. I'm getting chased from screen to screen by unkillable goats and no way to defend myself. Not my idea of fun.
I wonder if the game is called "The Count Lucanor" because it has a relationship with the book of Don Juan Manuel, or simply they chose that name at random. I read some reviews and I did not see much relation between both of them.
Post edited September 18, 2018 by Sjuan
Leroux: I can't really relate to some of the comments about the screenshots here. I've played through the game and I thought the art direction pretty awesome. To me the pixel art in cutscenes and portraits is so beautiful as to remind me of Studio Ghibli movies, while the sprites and surroundings use a very simplistic, almost crude low res look - yes - but very competently and with purpose, focusing on the essential and adding to the strange and uncanny. This game is far from being ugly shovelware, it's a very good indie game with consistent art style and great atmosphere.

i_hope_you_rot: This release confirms that Gog curators are sometimes crazy . ;)
Leroux: Crazy enough to release a game that has a "Very Positive" rating on Steam and a Metacritic rating of 78, yeah. ;)
I bought this game on Steam last year, and I think you were in fact the guy who recommended it to me. I agree with some of the critics here, that the overall art style can look underwhelming and inconsistent at a glance, but it is actually a very good and memorable little game. Maybe a bit too short for the full price, but it is absolutely worth a look at the current discounted price.
Hello everyone, it seems a lot of nice people here have played the game so I have a question (no spoilers please): what are the game mechanics (in general)? Are there any time limits / dead ends / other unfair stuff in general? And how long did it take you to finish it? Judging by the description & screenshots the game seems interesting so I'd like to support it. Thanks in advance!
Reynard_Muldrake: I played the game for a while, but I feel like I'm missing something. I'm getting chased from screen to screen by unkillable goats and no way to defend myself. Not my idea of fun.
you're a little kid in this game, no killing machine of goats :) this game is more focused on stealth, puzzle solving etc.

just follow the road away from the goats and you'll get to the castle soon ;)
For what it's worth, the name of the game is taken from the eponymous medioeval book The Count Lucanor.
Panaias: Hello everyone, it seems a lot of nice people here have played the game so I have a question (no spoilers please): what are the game mechanics (in general)? Are there any time limits / dead ends / other unfair stuff in general? And how long did it take you to finish it? Judging by the description & screenshots the game seems interesting so I'd like to support it. Thanks in advance!
Gameplay is a mixture of puzzles, some stealth elements, and choices/ interactions involving other characters. The game isn't very long, so it could probably be completed in a single session, but it does have multiple endings and other things you will likely miss on your first playthrough.

If it looks interesting to you, and you like the idea of an interactive dark fairytale with a retro game style, then I can recommend it at the current discounted price.
Hmm, something about the graphics is off putting to me. It's not because it's pixel art, I'm fine with well done pixel art. I can't put my finger on it.
high rated
Hi people! Thanks a lot for the interest in our game \(≧▽≦)/ , for the kind words of that people that already knew it. And for those that never played before, let me us know what do you think of it. ( ̄▽ ̄*)ゞ
Already bought it and the first impression I have it's that I'm having chills~ Had some laughs as well. Good game!
This looks interesting... and if the story and gameplay are well done, as long as the pixel-art doesn't scream "lazy" (which this game does not) I have no problem with it.

I would usually buy it right now, but seeing as my country's currency is at a record devaluation compared to the dollar I'd rather wait until after the elections. Then it will probably revert close back to the utterly revolting price it was a few months ago :)
Fun little game with a surprising amount of heart to it. Reactive. No jumpscares. Multiple solutions. Complete. My only real frustration was that walking speed felt slow at first, but you get used to it and the areas are tight enough that it's not a big problem. The game feels like a good shortstory that knows what it wants to say and hasn't been padded to try and make it look like a novel. Quite enjoyable!

Reynard_Muldrake: I played the game for a while, but I feel like I'm missing something. I'm getting chased from screen to screen by unkillable goats and no way to defend myself. Not my idea of fun.
Follow the kobold. The goat chase is only for that scene.

SirPrimalform: Hmm, something about the graphics is off putting to me. It's not because it's pixel art, I'm fine with well done pixel art. I can't put my finger on it.
That's possibly because the screenshots make the art look a bit flat. The game looks better in motion and there's actually some nice cutscenes to add variation to it.

baroquedecay: Hi people! Thanks a lot for the interest in our game \(≧▽≦)/ , for the kind words of that people that already knew it. And for those that never played before, let me us know what do you think of it. ( ̄▽ ̄*)ゞ
I enjoyed it quite a bit! It made me check out your next game and was wondering whether you're planning on releasing that on gog as well?
Post edited September 20, 2018 by Fortuk