It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Enter the academy, manage your team, plan your training, schedule your tournaments, change your game plans and discover the new young guns. Tennis Manager 2021 is now available on GOG.COM sporting a 15% discount until 14th September 2021, 1 PM UTC!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Nice to have a Tennis game here..... though honestly looking at the graphics I think maybe going a cel-shaded style may have been a better option.

Though for all I know the game could play great
Managers are not my thing, but it's worth of note that we probably didn't have a similar idea yet. So the game is basically quite original. :)
I am a bit confused about what happens during the match.

Can you just let the players play, or is it like a pausable tactical game where after each turn/time you give orders how to play? For example like Flight Commander 2, or Star Trek the Next Generation Birth of the Federation (battles only).

Also, are there grunts and screams from the players as it is accustomed now days?
trusteft: I am a bit confused about what happens during the match.

Can you just let the players play, or is it like a pausable tactical game where after each turn/time you give orders how to play? For example like Flight Commander 2, or Star Trek the Next Generation Birth of the Federation (battles only).

Also, are there grunts and screams from the players as it is accustomed now days?
same question here. Not my kind of game anyway, but is the player just the manager looking at the match or does one have to play themsellf?

Dogmaus: same question here. Not my kind of game anyway, but is the player just the manager looking at the match or does one have to play themsellf?
I think the idea of these team managerial games is that you train/coach/etc and then you let them loose like wind up toys and see how they do. I guess seeing the outcomes play out w/o directly controlling the players during the tournaments is part of the fun.

Dogmaus: same question here. Not my kind of game anyway, but is the player just the manager looking at the match or does one have to play themsellf?
I've watched DrClumber *early access review and the answer is a clear no. Seems like you are able to control your puppet by issuing commands during the interactive scenes on the court but you are not able to play a match yourself. This reviewer also mentioned the match engine which in his words could as well be from 1999 in his written review. One developer's reply to his was: The match engine will be improved most likely for TM23 or 24. The analyst will be improved for TM2022. One has to wonder why they haven't tried to improve both for this game. Who is going to buy 2022, 23, 24 which obviously they are planning to work on when 2021 doesn't catch on?

Since this isn't an officially licensed game you'd have to mod in the real-world names and players via SQL yourself or use a mod. No biggie, really.

I'll wait and see how this further develops until I decide. Maybe during an upcoming sale.

* I should mention this because things might have changed so not all of which can be seen in his review does necessarily reflect the current status of the game. Developers released a patch for the game already to improve some of the things DrClumber mentioned.
Post edited September 08, 2021 by Mori_Yuki
Mori_Yuki: Since this isn't an officially licensed game you'd have to mod in the real-world names and players via SQL yourself or use a mod. No biggie, really.
Is that so? One of the screenshots shows a match against Gael Monfils.
Post edited September 08, 2021 by ConsulCaesar
Mori_Yuki: Since this isn't an officially licensed game you'd have to mod in the real-world names and players via SQL yourself or use a mod. No biggie, really.
ConsulCaesar: Is that so? One of the screenshots shows a match against Gael Monfils.
He and Holger Rune should be the only official ones to my knowledge. All other real name players and models have been modded in eventually. One of the developers even points to the Steam mod-channel to get real names and faces. So, no, unlikely that they got official licenses.

I would suggest you ask them on Steam or on their Discord to get an official answer. :)
Post edited September 08, 2021 by Mori_Yuki
I wonder if this one has player start complaining to referee and throwing temper tantrum