It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tempest - Pirate City is now available DRM-free.

Get it 10% off or complete your Tempest collection with a 75% off completion discount until June 28, 1PM UTC.

Pirate City adds one of the highly requested features to Tempest: an ability to build and develop your own settlement. Get ready to provide your new home with proper protection, do favors for fellow traders (generous rewards included), search for missing people that got themselves in serious trouble, fight hideous sea monsters and punish thieves among your crew.
Into the forum you sail...
Question for devs:
Have broken savegames been fixed already?
The gameplay is great, but nobody wants to play in demo that pretends the full version.
And only few true sea wolves want to use the workaround fix at the moment ;)
Post edited June 26, 2019 by erbello
high rated
Note: This sale has a bigger discount as a bundle.
Bundled at 75% off it is a New All-Time GoG Low for the DLCs vs. 70% off (except the new one). Base game matches the GoG Low.
Unbundled, prices have been better.

GoG Sales 2019 Google Doc:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RtI0Mpg1jjnM66q-02Y56-u5jcGT3YDKn6-5WsLwC6k/edit?usp=sharing
The reviews of base game are not very promising...
Anyone knows if these DLCs makes the gameplay a bit more interesting? The price is, hm, tempring.

PS. Thanks, RWarehall for checking the price history.
The bundle price is tempting but have no money until next month .
I second the question: any opinions about the main game and the DLCs?
I heard the latter are much better than the former.
erbello: Question for devs:
The gameplay is great, but nobody wants to play in demo that pretends the full version.
Broken saves?
Tempting to buy, but I'd hate to wake up with new DLCs in a few months. So I'll skip
ShadowWulfe: Broken saves?
This actually makes me cautious about buying the bundle. I'd love to know more about the issue.
blotunga: Tempting to buy, but I'd hate to wake up with new DLCs in a few months. So I'll skip
That's my question as well.

I have the base game and want the full experience... but only with a complete bundle.
One of the DLCs seems to add the option to play parts of the game in third person with a character. The screens all show that one dude; is it only that one dude or can one actually create a Pirate Queen / King to their liking?
Uhh... well, an answer to that would be great too. Big red flag.
ShadowWulfe: Broken saves?
MadalinStroe: This actually makes me cautious about buying the bundle. I'd love to know more about the issue.
The game has got only One Slot of Save Game, and there is only the AutoSave option.
You are not able to save the game manually on the different slot.

And the game can sometimes (very often for me - but I've heard I'm not only one who has got same problem) crash during saving process.
And then your savegame is corrupted permanently, so you are not able to continue game anymore.

The workaround solution is to make a .bat script, which let you make a backup for every eg. 5 minutes, which you can restore by copying files into the original location.

So for now, this game has got wonderful gameplay, but it's like Russian Roulette.
It's quite sad, because they make more and more DLCs, but the Base Game still is not fixed yet.

Lately when I played, the game crashed on tutorial. I didn't even manage to open my shanties song book on time.
Post edited June 27, 2019 by erbello
MadalinStroe: This actually makes me cautious about buying the bundle. I'd love to know more about the issue.
erbello: The game has got only One Slot of Save Game, and there is only the AutoSave option.
You are not able to save the game manually on the different slot.

And the game can sometimes (very often for me) crash during saving process.
And then your savegame is corrupted permanently, so you are not able to continue game anymore.

The workaround solution is to make a .bat script, which let you make a backup for every eg. 5 minutes, which you can restore by copying files into the original location.

So for now, this game has got wonderful gameplay, but it's like Russian Roulette.
It's quite sad, because they make more and more DLCs, but the Base Game is not fixed yet.
Whoho!!! Big major red flag. Already wasted massive hours in Cosmonautica which got killed by a similar save mechanic.

Sad, but thanks for the warning. Multiple saves or bust; that quadruple times a million if devs can't get their save system steel solid.
bought teh set

not sure i like pirates outside of teh movies, but they cost like 8 bucks for teh set on sale an' im not poor