It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Choosing the right dogfight.

<span class="bold">Tachyon: The Fringe</span>, an action-packed space sim, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 50% launch discount!

Pirates, ruthless entrepreneurs, and crime barons play nice while inside the Sol system. But once outside the jurisdiction of the Star Patrol police, your guns and thrusters are the only law that can protect you. Follow your instincts and keep your finger on the trigger while you navigate the perilous Fringe - you've got choices to make, ships and stations to blow up, and quests to see through. Bruce Campbell's voice might inspire you to play tough but save the attitude for when you've got the firepower to back it up. And when your antics attract the attention of powerful people, proceed with caution: any alliances will shape your story and upset the power balance in this lawless corner of the galaxy. You'll be fine, as long as you remember to always shoot first.

Carve out your own personal space in the dog-eat-dog world of <span class="bold">Tachyon: The Fringe</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 50% discount will last until January 19, 5:00 PM UTC.
Thanks THQNordic. Good to see Tachyon here, its long been due. Looking forward to the Delta Force games being released.
Thanks for this :)

One small note though.. on my computer I experienced that the trigger for installing DPlay didn't start.
So the game inexplicably kept crashing. Until I debugged the game, and found out it needed DirectPlay
to work. Once I installed that in the legacy section of windows addons, the game worked fine.

Could be worth adding some part that checks if DPlay is installed, just in case someone else runs
into the same issue, and isn't able to solve it the way I did :)
Mithril.218: Thanks for this :)

One small note though.. on my computer I experienced that the trigger for installing DPlay didn't start.
So the game inexplicably kept crashing. Until I debugged the game, and found out it needed DirectPlay
to work. Once I installed that in the legacy section of windows addons, the game worked fine.

Could be worth adding some part that checks if DPlay is installed, just in case someone else runs
<I'm too lazy to check...>

Have you made a similar thread in the game subforum? Might help some users with a similar problem.

And +1 to you for the suggestion.

HereForTheBeer: <I'm too lazy to check...>

Have you made a similar thread in the game subforum? Might help some users with a similar problem.

And +1 to you for the suggestion.
Sure did :) Before I made the post above.

I wonder if the failure to install DirectPlay is related to the issue with installing the legacy DirectPlay components via the Windows Control Panel? At the time, some anti-virus programs would prevent the DirectPlay components from being installed for some reason, so temporarily disabling it would allow it to install.
Nah, don't think that was the problem. I have disabled the AV. I sometimes turn it on and scan, but it never find anything. For me, that is a useless function. Good for those that keep downloading crap perhaps ? :) But like I said, I normally don't have it active.

I have quite a few programs installed due to my work, so it could be that one of those changed something in Windows.. that caused it not to be installed the first time around. Who knows?

But the best thing would be if Gog either added a check to the launcher... or perhaps even better. Create a problem solver tool, that checks for common issues. As a side tool that can be downloaded. Or better still.. build that tool into GOG Galaxy itself.
Post edited January 23, 2017 by Mithril.218
are u serous all i say was hi and you blocked me wow thats how u feel
kaylayuhos19: are u serous all i say was hi and you blocked me wow thats how u feel
I think you take it far too personally. I only connect to people I usually play with online.
Regardless, I didn't block you. I disabled chat entirely. I only use skype & discord.
oh ok