It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A game about shapeshifting, desert animals, and finding your place – Starshifter is now available on GOG with a -20% discount that lasts until July 27th, 1 PM UTC!

Casual, colorful, and cute adventure title where you play as Coyote, one of the Guardians tasked with maintaining balance on the earth.

Each Guardian has been gifted a power by the stars to help them protect the land from Darkness, but Coyote has no powers. One evening, a meteor shower causes the stars to fall from the sky, rendering the animals powerless to the spirits of the night who wish to reclaim the stars for themselves. Coyote, the only one used to being powerless, now takes up the Guardian role to return the stars. Coyote learns how to harness their new shapeshifting ability and uses it to explore farther than they ever could before.

Check it out now!
This gamecard gave me no idea of what kind of game this is, from the "pretties only!" screenshots, to the weak text that's just flavor and no description of gameplay. Not doing a good job of selling the title.
mqstout: This gamecard gave me no idea of what kind of game this is, from the "pretties only!" screenshots, to the weak text that's just flavor and no description of gameplay. Not doing a good job of selling the title.
sadly that's most store pages these days, can't have potential customers make an informed decision. except with demo screenshots for the full game (and a demo only available elsewhere) and
> And yes, you can spam the bark.
as a big selling point (why the fuck would you highlight an annoying 'feature' like that?), I have already marked this as ignored (on steam, which also has issues by the truclokad, but you can at least do this).
GOG.com:
I think you've messed up the publisher which is listed as MediBang on GOG but Coyotic Trouble on Steam. Although it does kinda look like it could be made in a visual novel engine.
This looks reallly, really, ruff.......

Serioulsy thougfh, poor text on description, the screenshots are kinda rough looking and the video has some ugly framerate issues and it overall is giving the impression of a cheaply made unfinsihed product.

I'm willilng to beleive that when it comes out I could be wrong, but the initial impression is very poor, in a staurated market, and I would even be into a game like this once it's finished.
This looks interesting, wishlisted.
The fox looks stoned (in the screen shots), which is probably why it's able to fly like a bird...
Looks cute. Like a Zelda on gamecube thing. It turns me off the moment gender politics seems added to it though.

I usually play games to avoid politics and agendas. Not go out of my way to purchase that kind of annoying bickering that I can watch for free on the news.
Shmacky-McNuts: Looks cute. Like a Zelda on gamecube thing. It turns me off the moment gender politics seems added to it though.

I usually play games to avoid politics and agendas. Not go out of my way to purchase that kind of annoying bickering that I can watch for free on the news.
Oh no, those dastardly They/Thems and their malovent plan to [checks notes] be accepted by the public and exist without fear of scorn or violence? Here, put on a clown wig and makeup, it'll make it easier to identify you for what you are.

Funnier still, I think this is a literal gender neutral role which is an even dumber hill to die on. They're a literal shapeshifting animal deity, what do they care about petty things such as gendered identity?
Shmacky-McNuts: Looks cute. Like a Zelda on gamecube thing. It turns me off the moment gender politics seems added to it though.

Darvond: Oh no, those dastardly They/Thems and their malovent plan to [checks notes] be accepted by the public and exist without fear of scorn or violence? Here, put on a clown wig and makeup, it'll make it easier to identify you for what you are.

Funnier still, I think this is a literal gender neutral role which is an even dumber hill to die on. They're a literal shapeshifting animal deity, what do they care about petty things such as gendered identity?
Thanks for being a perfect example.
Darvond: Oh no, those dastardly They/Thems and their malovent plan to [checks notes] be accepted by the public and exist without fear of scorn or violence? Here, put on a clown wig and makeup, it'll make it easier to identify you for what you are.

Yeah, I reviewed the game card and even the video and couldn't find it. All the instances I saw of that were referring to... gods or collective groups. (And, of course, it's "political" to have a game that is inspired by Native American mythology, where that culture has long accepted more than two genders*, and its deities, especially Coyote, which is basically the incarnation of "no set form or body or identity other than Coyote".)

*like much of the world and history outside of Abrahamic religions and those tainted by the Abrahahamic religions.
Post edited July 25, 2023 by mqstout