It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The circle is now complete… Let's do another one!

STAR WARS Episode I: Racer is now available, only on GOG.com, with a 15% launch discount until May 8, 5pm UTC.
It's back! The game that perfectly captured the high-velocity spirit of the memorable podracing sequence in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, returns. Pick your character and zoom across several challenging tracks, including the dunes of Tatooine, where young Anakin Skywalker made himself a legend.

Also, enjoy more galactic adventures through timeless, DRM-free STAR WARS classics up to 66% off in the May The 4th sale, including STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic, STAR WARS: Battlefront II (Classic, 2005), STAR WARS: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition, and STAR WARS: X-Wing vs TIE Fighter! The deals are available until May 8th, 5 PM UTC.
high rated
General Troubleshooting
-----------------------

If you're experiencing black screen / crash on launch, please try the following:

- Before starting the game, change video resolution to your desktop one (or the closest match). if that fails, try falling back to 1024x768. Video settings can be found under GOG Galaxy HERE
-- or in Start Menu HERE.
- Close any unnecessary applications running in the background, especially ones overlay-based like EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner, GeForce Experience, FRAPS etc.
- If running multiple screen setup, try switching to a single monitor.

If none of the above helps, please send your DxDiag to our Support team HERE. The more information we have, the easier it will be to pinpoint the problem.

May the Force serve you well.
Post edited May 02, 2018 by Thiev
Enebias: Just watching some footage of this game on youtube makes my head spin. Way too fast for this old man, I have to pass! :P
You really need to see Thumper in motion.
Stalvern: Is anyone else having issues with skyboxes? They're generally fine, but they sometimes turn into blue, cyan, or green voids. It happens most on the Andobi Prime tracks for me.
DarkNinja: You're not alone there mate. IMHO I feel like today's modern video settings/capabilities are just rendering further than the game was ever intended to with the tech from it's era. Cyan/Blue is probably just the colour of (no data)
This issue was fixed in 1.0 hotfix3 which was released today.

I did not look at the specifics of the GOG.com version, but it occurs when there is 100% fog. So if the fog is not mild, but so intense that there's essentially a wall of fog infront of you, then the game knows for certain that it doesn't have to draw a skydome (simply because it would be covered by a constant color = the fog color).
The problem in the GOG.com version must have been that they did not clear the background with the color requested by the game (which always matches the fog color in this case), but there wasn't any skydome to cover that section of the display either.

This was probably addressed in ddraw.dll. Interestingly, that file was created on thursday of last week, which means GOG.com had been sitting on, or testing, this patch for a while.
This rdroid_gnome thing is absolute BS. Tried this game on 2xwindows 10 64-bit and a 32-bit windows 10 tablet. Wil not work. Closed MSI afterburner, steam, chrome, everything extra, GFE too.

Should not have to consider cranking out an old XP machine to get this working.
RighteousBruce: This rdroid_gnome thing is absolute BS. Tried this game on 2xwindows 10 64-bit and a 32-bit windows 10 tablet. Wil not work. Closed MSI afterburner, steam, chrome, everything extra, GFE too.

Should not have to consider cranking out an old XP machine to get this working.
And you've contacted Support?
Stalvern: The dgVooodoo2 wrapper fixed the skybox issue, but now my Windows cursor is visible on top of the game, and I haven't found any settings that might address this. Eh, I can park the cursor in a corner and put up with it.
https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=57504&p=675065#p669495
My upgrades disappear... any idea why? I'm now broke, with no upgrades.

Never mind... I was wrong.
Post edited August 31, 2018 by MickleRoo
Thank you GOG. I can go back to some of the best times of my childhood now!
hackclu: Thank you GOG. I can go back to some of the best times of my childhood now!
You were a pod racer!?

Man, I thought it was just made up for the movie!
installed game and have no mouse control or joystick control at all win 10 pro
Is the error
'rdroid_gnome relase build has stopped working'
ever going to go away?

This game is unplayable. Literally. it wont even start. just throws the above error. The instructions at the top of this page are useless.

All ive gotten from support is a grunt.... I have ZERO issues with ANY other game (and i have a lot).

Windows 7 64
16 gig of ram
Geforce 1070

I have been working to fix this for months.
cannot get any question about why the mouse or joystick will not work on the podracer episode 1, the infromation says it will play on win 10 (NOT) won't be buying anymore games from gog, no customer support just want your money...... will fire up my win me machine and play the game there goodby gog.............
kcub7: cannot get any question about why the mouse or joystick will not work on the podracer episode 1, the infromation says it will play on win 10 (NOT) won't be buying anymore games from gog, no customer support just want your money...... will fire up my win me machine and play the game there goodby gog.............
I finished the gog version of the game on windows 10 with xbox 360 controller without any problems. So the error is most likely on your end. However, i would suggest you to check the game specific forum for threads regarding your problem. You can find it here: https://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_episode_i_racer/page1#1542635494