It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A deep and motivating rogue-lite experience that invites everyone to this rewarding genre with its adventure story – Spells & Secrets is now available on GOG with a -25% discount!

Moreover, you can also grab the Spells & Secrets + Stranded Sails Bundle, offering two titles developed by Alchemist Interactive and published by rokaplay, and save 55%.

In Spells & Secrets, you are a first-year student of the magic arts, arriving at the Academy of Greifenstein. Set in a world and time like ours, you are excited to live and learn together with your fellow students and professors at the impressive magical castle.

A strange incident on your first day throws the school into turmoil. It’s up to you to save the ever-changing castle and rescue your lost schoolmates.

Play alone or in local co-op with your friends or family, customize your own character, solve mysteries and find powerful artifacts in this modern magical world.

Check out Spells & Secrets and the Bundle, and make full use of the discounts!
Released to the forum for a spell, to reveal its secrets...

It does look quite interesting, though...
high rated
I'll check this out, but what's "roguelike" about it? The game card doesn't look roguelike... It'd be pretty weird for a game like this to focus on dying and repeated plays? Also, "puzzle" doesn't combine with "roguelike".

Not much given on what the actual playing of the game is like though...
GOG.com: Release: Spells & Secrets
A.k.a.: the Harry Potter game without the license. ;)
mqstout: I'll check this out, but what's "roguelike" about it?
That seems to be a wrong tag.

Edit: After starting the demo, it might be correct. There is a hub area and you can start runs.
Post edited January 24, 2024 by mk47at
GOG.com: Release: Spells & Secrets
BreOl72: A.k.a.: the Harry Potter game without the license. ;)
For a moment, I thought the same and then, I thought: Good for them.

The idea that anyone who wants to capture the essence of what made Harry Potter special should have to get permission and pay a license fee is mildly depressing.
Post edited January 24, 2024 by Magnitus
I'm always a bit worried when the video showcases multiplayer so heavily. There are some games where singleplayer is an option but very much the lesser experience. Is this one of those cases?
mqstout: I'll check this out, but what's "roguelike" about it?
mk47at: That seems to be a wrong tag.

Edit: After starting the demo, it might be correct. There is a hub area and you can start runs.
Disappointing. I guess wishlist for sale later. :(
Hubby and I decided to try it afterall this weekend. It's fun couch co-op. It's structured decently to introduce new features. I would absolutely not recommend it if you're not going to do two players though. Friendly fire is an important element. :)