It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sometimes great power comes with great (ir)responsibility.

<span class="bold">Sorcerer King</span>, a turn-based fantasy strategy/RPG about cancelling the Apocalypse, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com with Galaxy support and a 50% launch discount.

Becoming the King usually requires a touch of magic, either in the form of a ridiculously fabulous getup or a vast knowledge of the arcane. Lacking the pizzazz to pull off the former, the evil Sorcerer King set out to take over the world one spell at a time, absorbing its magic in a misguided attempt to become God. As the leader of one of the few defiant cities, stopping the Sorcerer is both your duty and your privilege, for butting heads with a wannabe-god has never been so fun!

Not only will you build your own army while carefully out-diplomancing your arch-enemy, but you will also make your Sovereign of choice a force to be reckoned with. Gear and level up through hundreds of delightful quests, then join forces with the rest of the desperate sovereigns — by forming alliances or by conquering their kingdoms. But while you are meticulously planning your turns, keep an eye on the Doomsday Counter: if the Sorcerer King manages to complete the spell and turn himself into a god, it will be a most unfortunate turn of events. The final turn of your turn-based adventures.

So turn the tables on the upcoming Apocalypse and smack some sense into the evil <span class="bold">Sorcerer King</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 50% launch discount will last until January 17 1:59 PM GMT.

Q&A Alert!

This Friday, January 15th at 6pm GMT (7pm CET / 1pm EST / 10am PST), we'll be hosting two guys from the Stardock team for a special Q&A event on the forums. Join Patrick Shaw(Producer) and Scott Tykoski(Mad Scientist) for a chat about all things Sorcerer King for a great start to the coming weekend!
Nice release and a good price to. Kind of expected to see it soon after Fallen Enchantress.

Also 23€ is a more realistic base price for this then 39.99€ from before. Thanks Stardock.
Post edited January 12, 2016 by Matruchus
Many thanks, GOG and Stardock!
low rated
Meh.
Wishlisted!

*prepares popcorn for "GOG releases only strategy games" drama*
Those screenshots are horrible, I think there's one that depicts actual gameplay the rest is just menus.
Looks interesting, I'll keep my eye on this one.
Post edited January 12, 2016 by Celton88
ditto
Has anyone played it yet? It looks interesting at least.
low rated
deleted
It sounds fun... but I can't tell what it is..
Are we talking 4X, RTS or some kind of RPG thing?
HiPhish: Has anyone played it yet? It looks interesting at least.
adaliabooks: It sounds fun... but I can't tell what it is..
Are we talking 4X, RTS or some kind of RPG thing?
It's 4X/TBS. If you like Fallen Enchantress you'll like this.
Hickory: It's 4X/TBS. If you like Fallen Enchantress you'll like this.
Well, I wishlisted that one, presumably because I thought it sounded fun, so I might as well wishlist this one too.

IIRC its playing Fallen Enchantress after the AI won and you need to win back?
Is it something like age of wonders?