It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Riding the sand-piercer

<span class="bold">Skyshine's BEDLAM Redux!</span>, a challenging TBS about braving a post-apocalyptic wasteland with your rolling fortress, is available now for Windows and Mac, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 50% launch discount.

Outside the walls of the futuristic metropolis Byzantine, a hellish wasteland stretches over hope, sanity, and healthy radiation levels. But the oppressive rule of Byzantine's King and the promise of an unclaimed paradise resting beyond the desert push you and 1000 other hopeless souls to embark on a desperate journey aboard a massive rolling Dozer. By managing your caravan, carefully choosing your journey's stops, customizing your combat team, and handling the many threats in turn-based battles you may have a chance to make it there. The road will be long and full of wasteland terrors like mutants, marauders, bloodthirsty cyborgs, and supply shortages, but what other choice do you have?

Roll-play the leader of a rolling fortress cruising through the desert in the massively updated <span class="bold">Skyshine's BEDLAM Redux!</span>. Make sure to grab the <span class="bold">Deluxe Edition</span>, if you can't stop listening to the excellent soundtrack accompanying your journeys.
The 50% launch discount will last until May 12, 2:59 PM UTC.
tritone: Does this game ever save your progress in the Campaign? I've played it maybe 4 or 5 times, getting a little further each time, but the game has never saved where I was... despite it telling me that it WILL save my progress!

Every time, I start back at the beginning of the map, and sometimes with a completely different "bus". I feel like I"m wasting my time, because I'm not ever going to make it through to the bottom of the map in one sitting! Any thoughts?
Someone in the thread mentioned it saves every stop on the map. So it will not save after every battle on the way to a stop.
Hmm, I had intended to pickup the deluxe version and must have lost track of time. For some unknown reason I thought I had until today to pick it up. Just looked promo finished on the 12th. No matter I'm in no hurry to not get around to play another game.

--- edit
Looks like I need to go back to bed. I did buy, says owned, how did I miss that.
Post edited May 16, 2016 by deonast
At the very least the developers should give the DRM free version to those who pledged more then $40, specially considering their latest update announcing their abandonment of the tittle and all the promised features that wont be making their way into the game, ever....
Yeiiow: At the very least the developers should give the DRM free version to those who pledged more then $40, specially considering their latest update announcing their abandonment of the tittle and all the promised features that wont be making their way into the game, ever....
Hmm, disappointing indeed. I bought this one in here on a whim, but I really was hoping for a patch or something to play it again. I really don't like the pacing of the game and the combat so far (I don't think I played more than 2 hours of this, and I don't see me playing it again soon).

Updating my list of untrustworthy studios.
Yeiiow: At the very least the developers should give the DRM free version to those who pledged more then $40, specially considering their latest update announcing their abandonment of the tittle and all the promised features that wont be making their way into the game, ever....
That's horrific. Can you provide the text of the update? I tried looking it up on their KS page but it's marked as backers-only. But from the comments I've seen, people aren't happy.
Nevermind.
Post edited July 19, 2016 by NuffCatnip
rampancy: That's horrific. Can you provide the text of the update? I tried looking it up on their KS page but it's marked as backers-only. But from the comments I've seen, people aren't happy.
"Hello All

We’ve been working on Skyshine’s Bedlam for a long while now. We have gone from making adjustments to almost a complete overhaul with the recent roll out of REDUX!.

This was our first indie game and due to several reasons our launch was rocky, but we persevered, learning from our mistakes and focusing on trying to make the game more enjoyable for the masses, in an effort to bring more gamers in. This led us to focus less on content and more on mechanics. We put out Skyshine’s Bedlam 2.0 within a few months but were still met with some rather harsh criticisms. Once again, we listened to our fans and continued to work on the next iteration of changes and updates. This time we thought adding some new content in addition to the changes, updates, and fixes would help the game. This lead to us launching REDUX! earlier this year. We’re proud of REDUX! and eager to get more players to adventure in our wasteland. Those of you that have come back, and our new customers as well, are enjoying REDUX in the way we hoped our fans would enjoy the game.

All of these updates to the game, the additional content, new game modes, playable classes, etc. were all things that were above and beyond the original scope and promised work. Due to all this additional work, we have been unable to deliver on some of the Kickstarter assets. Those assets will not be created in the foreseeable future. For that we sincerely apologize.

Thank you all for your support and for coming back to check out REDUX!

--Skyshine"

By "some of the Kickstarter assets" they mean some of the biggest features and reasons people pledged into the higher tiers.

- Dreadhounds (futuristic dogs that would act as combatants in the field, some of them were supposed to be based of backers own dogs).

- Boomtowns (major Hubs where one would interact and have dialog with NPCs, take quest, buy and sell stuff, etc).

- Dukes and Duchesses, etc ( The Owners/Rulers of the Boomtowns were supposed to be based of backers).

- Sultan Mondo's Palace (A sort of dungeon crawl/boss battle with several layers and stages, one of a kind in the game supposedly).

+ All the other stuff from the Stretch Goals....

So no wonder so many people are pissed, specially those who pledged anything more than 25 bucks(the amount required for the game soundtrack and artwork)... Payed for being a Duke? forget that, its not happening... payed for having your dog immortalized as an in game character? forget that... payed for a shiny forum badge? forget that, the forums were taken down shortly after game release... and so on and on... The developers don't even have the decency to respond to refunds request, i mean at the very least they could address a freaking reply!

Payed $40+, 100+. 500+ ? doesn't matter, no DRM-free game for you, pay again if you wish that...
Post edited July 19, 2016 by Yeiiow
Yeiiow: By "some of the Kickstarter assets" they mean some of the biggest features and reasons people pledged into the higher tiers.

- Dreadhounds (futuristic dogs that would act as combatants in the field, some of them were supposed to be based of backers own dogs).

- Boomtowns (major Hubs where one would interact and have dialog with NPCs, take quest, buy and sell stuff, etc).

- Dukes and Duchesses, etc ( The Owners/Rulers of the Boomtowns were supposed to be based of backers).

- Sultan Mondo's Palace (A sort of dungeon crawl/boss battle with several layers and stages, one of a kind in the game supposedly).

+ All the other stuff from the Stretch Goals....

So no wonder so many people are pissed, specially those who pledged anything more than 25 bucks(the amount required for the game soundtrack and artwork)... Payed for being a Duke? forget that, its not happening... payed for having your dog immortalized as an in game character? forget that... payed for a shiny forum badge? forget that, the forums were taken down shortly after game release... and so on and on... The developers don't even have the decency to respond to refunds request, i mean at the very least they could address a freaking reply!

Payed $40+, 100+. 500+ ? doesn't matter, no DRM-free game for you, pay again if you wish that...
My immediate thoughts on this:

1) Given the apparent size and scope of REDUX!, it's no wonder that they're not going to do the additional KS content. Granted, I haven't spent any time in either the original game or in REDUX! but from what I have seen, REDUX! is almost an entirely new game. Of course, I would like to hear it from anyone who actually has spent a lot of time in both games, just how much exactly was overhauled in REDUX! vs. the original release or the 2.0 release.

2) That being said, Skyshine really messed up hard on (a) making sure their KS backers were properly taken care of, and (b) communicating the gravity of this issue in their update. I can understand that trade-offs have to be made between fixing what's wrong with your core game, and delivering on the promises of additional content to KS backers, but there has to be something better than shrugging your shoulders and saying, "Sorry, we're not doing that anymore." Perhaps that KS content could be leveraged into a future DLC package where KS backers are given priority/early access?

3) Maybe it's just me, but I found the tone of the update a little offensive. It sounds like they just don't care anymore, which really stings as someone who's recently been bitten by Nekro. Either way, Skyshine is one developer I'll be sure to avoid in the future.
this game just went to "low" priority for me because of the developer's stance and attitude / failure to deliver
Post edited July 19, 2016 by drealmer7
rampancy: *snip*

3) Maybe it's just me, but I found the tone of the update a little offensive. It sounds like they just don't care anymore, which really stings as someone who's recently been bitten by Nekro. Either way, Skyshine is one developer I'll be sure to avoid in the future.
I really agree with all your points, and I'm not wishing to argue with them here. I was also surprised with the dev's reply that was shared by the OP above... and it made me look back at the the OP's posting of the letter, and I noticed that the "double-quotes" stop just short of the "more-offensive" wording, and personally I eased back on my own offense. In particular, I thought the statement "Payed for being a Duke? forget that, its not happening..." was actually part of the original dev's reply, and it's not.

To be clear, I AM NOT A KS BACKER of this game, so I have no horse in this race, and am not qualified to judge. I'm just saying... I caught myself taking everything AFTER the dev's reply as also belonging IN the dev's reply, so hopefully NOBODY IS AS STUPID as I am. :)
Post edited July 28, 2016 by tritone
rampancy: *snip*

tritone: I really agree with all your points, and I'm not wishing to argue with them here. I was also surprised with the dev's reply that was shared by the OP above... and it made me look back at the the OP's posting of the letter, and I noticed that the "double-quotes" stop just short of the "more-offensive" wording, and personally I eased back on my own offense. In particular, I thought the statement "Payed for being a Duke? forget that, its not happening..." was actually part of the original dev's reply, and it's not.

To be clear, I AM NOT A KS BACKER of this game, so I have no horse in this race, and am not qualified to judge. I'm just saying... I caught myself taking everything AFTER the dev's reply as also belonging IN the dev's reply, so hopefully NOBODY IS AS STUPID as I am. :)
lol