It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind is now available DRM-free.
Life between myths. Lead your clan into legend or obscurity. Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind is a storybook strategy game, immersing you in a land of old gods and magic.

Hundreds of small encounters build into an epic, multi-generational tale of survival and inter-clan alliances. Six Ages is the spiritual successor to acclaimed King of Dragon Pass, taking place thousands of years earlier in the same shared world of Glorantha. Part role-playing, part resource management, you'll always be making decisions with long-term consequences, for you and your clan.
high rated
Windows 10 only is a bummer, especially since I've been waiting for this game for literally two decades.
high rated
WiseLearnedMan: Windows 10 only is a bummer, especially since I've been waiting for this game for literally two decades.
Bummer for me too. I know these are the tested specs, but I'd be mighty glad to hear whether folks can get it to run on 7.
Hmm, is this some kind of text adventure Rpg game but with more visuals than the old schhol text browser games of yore?
Seams a bit intresting but i woud like a bit more information than the description and the Video coud provide me.
The discount disappeared when I put the game in my cart...weird...
So,the game is discounted or not?

Edit:Bought because I loved Dragon Pass :)
Post edited October 17, 2019 by Reglisse
Lodium: Hmm, is this some kind of text adventure Rpg game but with more visuals than the old schhol text browser games of yore?
Just look up some gameplay video of remstared King of Dragon Pass like this one.
Seems to me it's pretty much the same game, just with little better visuals and new story/events.

I hope your question was genuine as it's pretty unbelievable to me that someone who is a GOG member since 2009 doesn't know about King of Dragon Pass. xD
"Insta-bought", even if I have the resolution not to buy non-Linux games without a discount, but because of its reasonable price and the history of A# here on gog:
I bought King of Dragon Pass here when was discounted and before the adding of its upgraded version (in the early days of my account here on gog), and I already was mesmerized by this game as a whole (gameplay, background, music...) and then I thought it was a steal (as they say) considering the price.
Then, years later, the upgraded ported version appeared here, the price range changed but it was added freely for owners of the old version.

And now here we have Six Ages, awaited for a long time.
I don't now if it will be Wine-compatible, if I can play it.

It's more a mark of support.
high rated
Would have been instabought - if not for the information about "Win 10 only". Really disappointing. I don't understand why. The game is based on Unity so there should be no need to exclude all earlier Windows-versions. Or are there any especially nifty features in this game that require explicitly Windows 10? Anyway, really disappointing as KoDP (the classic version) has been one of my best gaming experiences and I've waited for many years for this reinterpretation.

edit: Just purchased the Steam-version to test the Win 10-only thing. And guess what? It doesn't run on Windows 7. A window appears to inform me that the game only runs on Windows 10 - and then, for a fraction of a second, I can see the game's glorious loading screen and the mouse pointer, before the game crashes. Well, I just ordered a refund for the game. It was worth a try.
Post edited October 17, 2019 by Wolfram_von_Thal
Lodium: Hmm, is this some kind of text adventure Rpg game but with more visuals than the old schhol text browser games of yore?
BranjoHello: Just look up some gameplay video of remstared King of Dragon Pass like this one.
Seems to me it's pretty much the same game, just with little better visuals and new story/events.

I hope your question was genuine as it's pretty unbelievable to me that someone who is a GOG member since 2009 doesn't know about King of Dragon Pass. xD
Oh, i Think i have forgotten about it.
I even had it somewhere in my wishlist.
Thank you annyway.
Wolfram_von_Thal: Would have been instabought - if not for the information about "Win 10 only". Really disappointing. I don't understand why. The game is based on Unity so there should be no need to exclude all earlier Windows-versions. Or are there any especially nifty features in this game that require explicitly Windows 10? Anyway, really disappointing as KoDP (the classic version) has been one of my best gaming experiences and I've waited for many years for this reinterpretation.

edit: Just purchased the Steam-version to test the Win 10-only thing. And guess what? It doesn't run on Windows 7. A window appears to inform me that the game only runs on Windows 10 - and then, for a fraction of a second, I can see the game's glorious loading screen and the mouse pointer, before the game crashes. Well, I just ordered a refund for the game. It was worth a try.
It migth be beacause Its really hard to run run older Os on the recent hardware.
well at least for me.
I bougth a
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G and i coud not get windows 7 to run on it at all

I read on various forums that there is a way to get it to run on that
but it involves a bit too much work and too many hops to go trhu than im willing to do.
So i had to chose the recent Linux build or go windows 10.
I didnt have the recent linux so i had to use a spare windows 10 cd i had lying around.
Post edited October 17, 2019 by Lodium
Wolfram_von_Thal: edit: Just purchased the Steam-version to test the Win 10-only thing. And guess what? It doesn't run on Windows 7.
That is such a disappointment :( Thanks for checking it out though, you've saved me a purchase.

EDIT: Typo
Post edited October 17, 2019 by Pajama
Wolfram_von_Thal: Would have been instabought - if not for the information about "Win 10 only". Really disappointing. I don't understand why. The game is based on Unity so there should be no need to exclude all earlier Windows-versions. Or are there any especially nifty features in this game that require explicitly Windows 10? Anyway, really disappointing as KoDP (the classic version) has been one of my best gaming experiences and I've waited for many years for this reinterpretation.

Seriously? Can I get a confirm on this?

Why wouldn't it run on Win 7?

I was about to post in here on congrats on the release A-Sharp and that I'm wicked excited to try a reimagining of KoDP in a modern format...

... but fuck. Oh well, there are a ton of other releases lately :(
Finally! But wait... They do not support Windows 7? Are they serious???
As I've posted in the dedicaded topic, I've decided to give it a try on Linux, both with Wine and natively, I can run the game but it can't load the chromium embedded browser but I don't lose hope, I will investigate further this week end.
low rated
Carradice: Finally! But wait... They do not support Windows 7? Are they serious???
Why should they support an OS that is legacy in 3 month?
You would need to build of ressources for technical support for every OS you want to support and you have to test it on every OS you want to support.
And OS that is about to be brought to the graveyard by the company behind it in a few month does not worth the money or time for doing so.
Even more if this OS just can't deal with a lot of newer hardware at all.
high rated
Carradice: Finally! But wait... They do not support Windows 7? Are they serious???
randomuser.833: Why should they support an OS that is legacy in 3 month?
You would need to build of ressources for technical support for every OS you want to support and you have to test it on every OS you want to support.
And OS that is about to be brought to the graveyard by the company behind it in a few month does not worth the money or time for doing so.
Even more if this OS just can't deal with a lot of newer hardware at all.
Maybe because over a third of the PC market still uses Windows 7, much, much more than the MacOS X that they support.
Post edited October 17, 2019 by de_Monteynard