It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Travel to a medieval city under siege and join a handful of civilians that are all that keep the walls from falling. Siege Survival: Gloria Victis, a game combining elements of adventure, RPG, and strategy genre, is now available on GOG.COM with a 20% discount that will last until 25th May 2021, 12 AM UTC

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Deus vult?
GOG.com: Release: Siege Survival: Gloria Victis
Travel to a medieval city under siege and join a handful of civilians that are all that keep the walls from falling.
Interesting sounding concept for a game. Will try the demo.
So the Gloria Victus MMO folks have made a single-player castle siege game in the Gloria Victus world...

... unexpected.
This game looks very interesting. Graphics are pretty, concept is not overdone, and it doesn't play "gamedev buzzword bingo" i.e. "(poorly done) pixel-art souls-like roguelike with procedural generation and permadeath". And the logo for Fishtank studios got a chuckle out of me.

To the wishlist it goes. If Gog ever gives me reason to stop boycotting them, this is one game I would be looking forward to.
As someone who played Medieval Total War extensively I remember besieging castles that can last for years. There's also that history about a city in Crete (or is it Cyprus?) that got besieged and it lasted for 40 years? I wonder if there's survival mode where player must manage the castle for a long time. Also I wonder how they gonna handle the food ration and dwindling man power.
Mafwek: Deus vult?
Nah, this is more like the opposite of deus vult, you're the one being besieged after all (heh)
Post edited May 19, 2021 by RedRagan
RedRagan: As someone who played Medieval Total War extensively I remember besieging castles that can last for years. There's also that history about a city in Crete (or is it Cyprus?) that got besieged and it lasted for 40 years?
Only 21... Though Wikipedia claims another was longer, 26 years, followed by 6 more after a brief reprieve. Not seeing that one listed on a quick search for longest sieges from other sources though, that of Candia seems to be generally agreed as the longest.
Post edited May 19, 2021 by Cavalary
This looks like something I might enjoy. Thanks.