It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Join Ryo Hazuki, an 18-year-old Japanese martial artist, on the quest to avenge his father’s death. Shenmue III is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM! Shenmue established the open-world format for action RPG games. Dive into an awe-inspiring world created by the director Yu Suzuki. Enjoy the title's immersive story, cinematic sequences, a realistic fighting system, and entertaining mini-games.

The release of Shenmue III on GOG.COM comes with a special set of discounts on the game’s various editions and DLCs, lasting until 26th November 2020, 6 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Darvond: Well, 40 hours of filler is what you're getting.

I want to warn everyone: This story is not conclusive. Keep that in mind as you consider the price.
Damn... That was tough to watch, still skipped to 43:18 though as I may pick this up at some point, but not today!
Sega needs to jump onto the DRM-free train.
Wow, really didn't expect to see this happening, but it's a nice surprise.

EDIT: I think the promo page could use some work. At least to me it's showing six different products, which can all be bought at the same time.

The problem is, there are three DLCs which are also in a season pass. There is also a deluxe edition which contains the season pass. So if you buy everything from that promo page, you end up paying three times for the same DLC!!!
Not the best possible design, probably.
Post edited November 19, 2020 by PixelBoy
A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.
Hopefully this means more SEGA games here in the future.
A decent game. Artificially stretched because they force you to raise money before progressing in a few spots. As a shenmue fan who backed this day 1...it was okay.

I want to warn everyone: This story is not conclusive. Keep that in mind as you consider the price.
I thought of this same video but didn't dare to enrage Shenmue/SEGA fans. Be careful if you watch it because there are Heavy Rain spoilers.
How is it that such ordeals like this * happen SO OFTEN on GOG...
* Ordeal of "game-name x+1 got released but game-name x did not".
GOG.com: Join Ryo Hazuki, an 18-year-old Japanese martial artist ...
i_ni: What a young artist, wishing him all the best!
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not :P
On a serious note, martial arts training starts very often at young age so it's not uncommon for pre-adults and young adults to be highly versed in them.
I hope we get the first two as well.
Great release! I loved the Shenmue I and II on the Dreamcast ^_^
TZODnmr2k5: Damn... That was tough to watch, still skipped to 43:18 though as I may pick this up at some point, but not today!
Yeah. I really don't like what the creator pulled, so I feel I should inform people of the issues. That video does a nice job of being honest.
Dogmaus: I thought of this same video but didn't dare to enrage Shenmue/SEGA fans. Be careful if you watch it because there are Heavy Rain spoilers.
Sega fans are pretty alight. Once you get past the weird surface and dive in, there's some real creative talent and people; probably the same people who have made clunky old games like Phantasy Star into actually playable games.

It's just that Shenmune isn't so much a fandom as it is a mild cult.
Post edited November 20, 2020 by Darvond
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jeff+gerstmann+shenmue

;)
ReynardFox: but once they started taking PC releases seriously they went for DRM like a moth to a lamp.
RoboPond: Its such a shame as SEGA has quite the backlog of games that I'd like to see here, and I'd also like to see more of their newer releases.
Don't I know it, there are so many Sega games I would buy instantly if they were here, but Sega isn't smart enough and apparently doesn't want our money.

Dogmaus: I thought of this same video but didn't dare to enrage Shenmue/SEGA fans. Be careful if you watch it because there are Heavy Rain spoilers.
i migth remember wrong but i think Yu Suzuki mentoined there was planned 5 games total
to conclude the story
i doubt that the rest is going to happen.
People have become a bit more wary of kickstarters and crowdfunding in general.
low rated
This wasn't already released here? Gosh.

They messed it up, nobody will buy it now, knowing it's crap. :P
Lodium: i migth remember wrong but i think Yu Suzuki mentoined there was planned 5 games total
to conclude the story
i doubt that the rest is going to happen.
People have become a bit more wary of kickstarters and crowdfunding in general.
There was not a single good reasons to believe that this third installment should have been anything but the delivery of a long desired closure of what would have then been a trilogy...

The idea that Shenmue should be a franchise for years to come is simply delusional.

Anyhow, anything aside, is there any reason to play the DLC story wise (to this main game that seems to be largely a filler), or is it just silly minigames?