It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DLC Set 9 to action arcade shoot ‘em up R-Type Final 2 is now available on GOG! It allows you to conduct a symphony of destruction upon your foes in 3 new stages.

This DLC Set serves to close out the series of homage stages arranged for R-Type Final 2 with respect for the R-Type franchise.

Don’t miss it!
DLC... set... 9... 9... ooooooookkkkkkkk :).
WinterSnowfall: DLC... set... 9... 9... ooooooookkkkkkkk :).
They essentially took all the most famous stages from previous R-Type games and added them all as DLC.

The DLC are not necessary to enjoy the base campaign.
I liked the first 3 DLC. I just wish I could've purchased that set with the soundtrack and artbook later on, as you can't buy the artbook and soundtrack separately as dlc. Strange that Steam offers them their but you have to buy the base game there first.
MischiefMaker: They essentially took all the most famous stages from previous R-Type games and added them all as DLC.

The DLC are not necessary to enjoy the base campaign.
Ok, that makes somewhat more sense, I guess. Thank you for the clarification. Although I'm still not a fan of this money-milking DLC bonanza (call me old-fashioned)...