It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In a mood for a first-person horror game? We got you – REVEIL is now available on GOG, together with Funhouse Pack and Funhouse Edition!

REVEIL is a narrative first-person psycho-thriller game that focuses on story, puzzles and exploration. It’s a unique, visually appealing, mentally challenging journey, with versatile puzzles, unanswered questions, confusing clues and a disturbing psyche demand a lot from both the player and the protagonist, Walter Thompson. Find out what his dark past at the Nelson Bros Circus has to do with everything that’s going on.

Now on GOG!
Horror walking sim might be my kind of thing...if it's possible to disable the horrible chromatic aberration.
Don't know how that ever became a thing in games, simulating a cheap camera with a bad lens design...
Will probably pick this one up on a future sale - I have such a big backlog already!
Post edited March 06, 2024 by Seb-gog
Seb-gog: Will probably pick this one up on a future sale - I have such a big backlog already!
Same here... to the wishlist it goes.
As long as there aren't any cheap jump scares, then I'm all in!

As I tire of constant battle gameplay, I want to instead use my brain, or at the very least give variety with the fighting mechanics…
Saw the settings menu on youtube now, and there are NO settings for disabling chromatic aberration!
There is a vignette, but I don't think they've mixed up CA with vignetting...totally different things.

I believe it's Unity engine, so not sure if we are able to change such settings in config files either...

Delete from wishlist - don't want headache while playing a game with forced optical color-defects that looks like crap!
Seb-gog: Saw the settings menu on youtube now, and there are NO settings for disabling chromatic aberration!
(…)
That's horrible. I still don't get why developers insist in adding motion blur, chromatic aberrations, gigantic lens flares, strange depth-of-field effects, shaky view, overblown highlights and other things that many people spend a lot of money to get rid of in actual photography. I know that correctly applied as narrow as possible dof is (sometimes) important in photography, but not if it's done wrong and not if you try to emulate a human's view – the brain automatically corrects many deficiencies of the eyes.