It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A retro-CRPG originally released for the TI-99/4a home computer – Realms of Antiquity: The Shattered Crown is now available on GOG with a -50% discount!

Prepare yourself for a journey to a world of fantasy and adventure! A land fallen into chaos needs stalwart heroes to save it from a sinister and powerful force of evil...

Enter a massive sprawling world of wild forests, frozen plains, misty mountains, scorched deserts, and endless oceans. Explore cities, towns and villages to rest and recover as well as buy equipment. Talk to sages, warriors, peasants and sovereigns to aid you in your quest. Sail the open seas or pilot boats up rivers. Descend into dark dungeons, castle ruins, and mysterious places to find treasure, fight evil, and locate powerful relics.

Do you have what it takes to save the Realms of Antiquity?
dtgreene: It's funny in that much of what you discovered relates to things I'm going to avoid doing in order to try to avoid scope creep.
* Graphics will be mostly ASCII (actually CP437), but will be technically "graphics" rather than it being a terminal. (This means that I can, if I so choose, create custom tiles (perhaps slight variations of ASCII characters), or even add shaders (which I am technically capable of writing) for things like weather effects.)
* I've decided not to try to implement map scrolling. Instead, the map will be split into separate screens (see Phantasie for an example in the same genre, or Zelda 1 for an example in a different genre).
I stopped programming as a hobby years ago and in my job I only do HTML, PHP, etc, nothing really exciting. I mean with all those cool engines nowadays it might be even a bit easier to make games coding-wise. But I think the expectations when it comes to art are way higher than ever before. I also lost any creativity so Id be pointless to start over. This chapter is behind me...