It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Potion Permit is an open-ended sim RPG in which Moonbury's residents need healing, and you're the best chemist around! With your trusty tools, a brewing cauldron, and a canine companion at your side, you diagnose symptoms, gather ingredients, brew potions, and cure ailments.

Now, because Lunar New Year is approaching, you can get the game’s Lunar New Year Bundle.

The Bundle offers special, appropriately themed cosmetic DLCs in the form of: Lunar New Year Lanterns, Lucky Cat Statue, Oriental Folding Wall, Red Flower Arrangement, Lunar New Year Lantern.

Check it out!
Is it too much to ask that you (GOG) set the Tab: DLC for every one of those Postion Permit bundles...because they are nothing more...not a bundle just simple (overpriced) DLC.
Ah, another one of those AAA complete standalone games.

Seriously though fix your broken tags already!
Maybe the releases are handled by AI now, like artwork for the current sale.

If there is any human intervention, how could all those DLCs be added as standalone games? On the other hand the top post even mentions that it is a bundle of DLCs, so I really don't understand how things like this can happen.
No amount of cats will get me to purchase Potion Permit. They could give it away for free, and I would still feel more inclined to kick it away from me, set it on fire, then run away.
How did this get released without someone noticing that the shadows are inconsistent? For a game that seems to be about cosmetic items, how hard is it to have a reference document of "we draw objects in this perspective, with shadows as if the light source is located in X direction"?

Before someone criticises my criticism - it seems their art direction is to have no shadows, so it should be even easier to spot the object that completely doesn't fit the general art style.
octalot: Before someone criticises my criticism - it seems their art direction is to have no shadows, so it should be even easier to spot the object that completely doesn't fit the general art style.
Your criticism is totally valid because the art is inconsistent now that you mentioned it. It would be one thing if everything had no shadows, but that's not the case at all.

This plant clearly has a shadow:
https://images.gog-statics.com/d5fa02b6f3e519f4fcf405c599ae8a70d42dec2c6eae6db7ab43a5a1c5f03677.jpg

But this screen has no shadow:
https://images.gog-statics.com/5b5c9c45e474140658a257c342f804e80149bdee06b3577d8ea927e3d5b28d54.jpg

And these lanterns don't produce light:
https://images.gog-statics.com/480565e12399cd4c39a4556d118cb6eab95536dbfb2bca8cf8decfd8feb281d3.jpg

Also there's something sloppy looking about that lamp near the bottom-right of all those screen shots.
octalot: How did this get released without someone noticing that the shadows are inconsistent? For a game that seems to be about cosmetic items, how hard is it to have a reference document of "we draw objects in this perspective, with shadows as if the light source is located in X direction"?

Before someone criticises my criticism - it seems their art direction is to have no shadows, so it should be even easier to spot the object that completely doesn't fit the general art style.
how = they skipped testing to save time/ money

why = becuase students are trained not to worry about it now just kick it out the door to make some $ then perhaps think about fixing it later

as for why this is on Gog, well one person sees trash and another see tressure... its a few bucks
ussnorway: how = they skipped testing to save time/ money

why = becuase students are trained not to worry about it now just kick it out the door to make some $ then perhaps think about fixing it later
How could they skip testing for something as basic as lighting? You set up a light source, and the shadows should calculate accordingly unless your engine is incredibly incompetent. This has been a feature of 3D modeling software since I dunno, Bryce? Maya? The 90s, for sure.
Post edited January 06, 2024 by Darvond
in the Bryce days you would spend 4 hours to rendor a scene with perhaps 3 lights and todays unreal level systems do that in real time.okey its not correct but its close... thats how they skip testing
Doesn't look too bad.
Darvond: How could they skip testing for something as basic as lighting? You set up a light source, and the shadows should calculate accordingly unless your engine is incredibly incompetent. This has been a feature of 3D modeling software since I dunno, Bryce? Maya? The 90s, for sure.
It's a 2D pixel art game, genius. The shadows are all drawn by hand.

A bigger concern than some fairly trivial art inconsistencies is that the game seems kind of meh, judging from reviews. Not to mention the Mac version being on Steam but not GOG.
I've played the game last year and it is quite good. Sure not as good as Stardew Valley, but it is relaxing and has some likeable characters and interesting stories. On the negative side I would say that the minigames (diagnosis and science) are far too easy and that you have to do a lot of grinding when you want every achievement.
eric5h5: It's a 2D pixel art game, genius. The shadows are all drawn by hand.

A bigger concern than some fairly trivial art inconsistencies is that the game seems kind of meh, judging from reviews. Not to mention the Mac version being on Steam but not GOG.
Not the game. The sale/bundle art; which is what this thread has been about.