It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Reigniting the old flame.

UPDATE: All owners of the game can go ahead and grab the Rum Runner's Pack for free. It adds six new alcohol-themed items and Mirke, a recruitable sidekick that really loves her booze.
If you don't own the Deluxe or Obsidian edition of the game, you can also now purchase the game's Sountrack separately.

Note: If you already own the first Pillars of Eternity on GOG, go to your library and look under Serial Keys. You should see a bonus code which you can use to redeem your Gaun's Pledge DLC for Pillars of Eternity II.

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is here, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The sequel to Obsidian's seminal RPG, which brought back all the immersion and attention to detail we remember from the genre's classics, has finally arrived. Introducing naval battle mechanics, a new vast open world, a relationship system that now affects interactions between your companions, and an epic story involving the re-emergence of an old god, it might just become the RPG you'll be replaying for all eternity!

Go for the Deluxe Edition, which includes a Digital P&P Guide, the official OST, the second Volume of the Digital Guidebook and more. You can also grab that stuff separately inside the Explorer's Pack.
Or plan for the future with the Obsidian Edition, which also grants you access to the Season Pass, that contains the first three pieces of planned DLC.
Post edited May 26, 2018 by maladr0Id
high rated
For all those experiencing download problems (greyed out buttons) please try account refresh first:

https://www.gog.com/account/refresh

EDIT: single account refresh will work, please avoid refreshing the account multiple times. There is a slight lag due to the sheer amount of requests, but we are working on speeding things up.

Thank you for your patience.

EDIT2: If after refresh and you are using Galaxy Client and on your shelf you have any other version than "Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire", try buying free DLC for POE2 through the Client. That should force client cache refresh.
(DLC should be visible on Overview page [::PIC::])

previous BETA players
please switch from Public Beta to default branch to get the full version
Post edited May 09, 2018 by Thiev
The Obsidian Pet Wurm and the Cloak of the Obsidian Order are backer exclusive items in both the original PoE as well as Deadfire.
So GogGer opinions on the game so far?
GOG.com: If you don't own the Deluxe or Obsidian edition of the game, you can also now purchase the game's Sountrack separately.
I bought the pre-order - Obsidian Edition yet GoG store is telling me that I do not own the Obsidian Edition, Deadfire - Season Pass or Deadfire - Soundtrack.
Niggles: So GogGer opinions on the game so far?
I'm kinda busy and I'll probably wait for all the DLCs (and patches!) to come out first. Maybe I'll give it a few tries in the meantime though, I'll report then if I remember to.

And GOG, you misspelled "Soundtrack". Just a head's up!
Niggles: So GogGer opinions on the game so far?
I'm really enjoying it! Full disclosure - I also like the first game.

Positive changes from Pillars 1:

Really fun exploration. Lots of little uncharted islands to map out, some with unique loot.

Much less purple prose (there is still some in narrated "dream sequences" though)

Gorgeous graphics

More faction quests, and they're more involved. Reminds me of New Vegas.

Much better stealth - you can see the cones of vision of NPCs, as well as what distance they can hear from. You can "reverse pickpocket" bombs onto enemies before combat. Stealing from stores is more feasible.

Subclasses and multiclasses ... just a dizzying amount of options.

Less positive:

The new companion relationship system is a neat idea, but currently bugged.

It's a lot easier than Pillars 1. I played Normal both times and have barely had to reload on Deadfire. This should be addressed in a patch very soon.

A few quests are bugged.

Overall, I just about never play games at release, but I've enjoyed this. I'm near the end at about 35 hours in, but there are many quests I've skipped and most of the North half of the map is unexplored.
GOG.com: If you don't own the Deluxe or Obsidian edition of the game, you can also now purchase the game's Sountrack separately.
Ilona: I bought the pre-order - Obsidian Edition yet GoG store is telling me that I do not own the Obsidian Edition, Deadfire - Season Pass or Deadfire - Soundtrack.
I also pre-ordered the Obsidian Edition. I have the digital soundtrack in my GOG library (under Explorer's Pack Bonus goodies at the bottom right side) the only thing not showing up for me is the season pass.
Post edited May 25, 2018 by wolfrider100
Ilona: I bought the pre-order - Obsidian Edition yet GoG store is telling me that I do not own the Obsidian Edition, Deadfire - Season Pass or Deadfire - Soundtrack.
I hadn't been keeping track of this stuff since I still have to beat the first game, but I had the same issue. That said, just looking at the store page, along with the extras I have to download, everything shows up correctly. I'm assuming the expansions/DLC will just automagically get added later on.
Attachments:
capture.png (433 Kb)
Will the free Critical Role DLC be around forever? I can't afford this game right now sadly, but it's on my wishlist for when I can :) I just hope the Critical Role stuff will still be around then!
Cusith: ...
Enebias: I'll limit myself to facepalm.
You have eveidently not understood what I meant.
I am not here to state that my point of view is superior to any other or to convince people of my convictions; for me gameplay will always be more important than plot, period, but I am not talking like this is something objective that everyone should follow, as I have stated several times in just two posts.
What I wanted to know is what the reasons of people who disagree (like you, for example) are, as for now I cannot understand them. I am interested in this precisely because the matter is subjective, as I have already admitted.
Still, rather than having a civil discussion people assume everything is a personal attack and start fires well before replying.
This forum isn't good for anything anymore, you just get attacked regardless of what you write. A nice villa transformed into a toxic landfill, I wonder why I am still here wasting time.
Chill out a bit, it's not that I'm out there to kill you or anything.
I get what you're saying.

So I am more or less one of the "popamole" types the RPGCodex so much despises. I actually don't really care about gameplay and when I got other stuff to do I'm not really keen on getting the hang of the actual strategies - which I understand other people (like you probably) actually get the game for.
That's why I'm one of those people that use cheats or story mode etc. I think I'm too dumb for some game mechanics. Or too impatient.

Anyway, the story from the first game wasn't that great, at least I don't remember much. But I'll be waiting till all the DLCs have come out to play PoEII. I've also still got to play through BG...
Reever: Anyway, the story from the first game wasn't that great, at least I don't remember much. But I'll be waiting till all the DLCs have come out to play PoEII. I've also still got to play through BG...
It's what I always say about PoE in general, story-wise and gameplay-wise: they couldn't play it safer.
For once they could do everything they wanted and make the game burst with creativity... and yet they borrowed all the possible tropes and made an as standard high fantasy game as you can get.
Obsidian has actually been much more creative when they had restraints, like when they turned upside down morality in Star Wars, made a masterpiece with Mask of The Betrayer starting from a basic D&D scenario or played with every clichè in Planescape Torment (when they were sill Balck Isle).
That's why I ciriticize them: PoE was a good game, but it could have been infinitely more!
GOG.com: Note: If you already own the first Pillars of Eternity on GOG, go to your library and look under Serial Keys. You should see a bonus code which you can use to redeem your Gaun's Pledge DLC for Pillars of Eternity II.
I can't seem to find any serial key - just where is it supposed to be located?
Glaring_Mistake: I can't seem to find any serial key - just where is it supposed to be located?
You should look at this thread, it seems quite a lot of people have difficulties finding it, especially if using Galaxy:
https://www.gog.com/forum/pillars_of_eternity_series/how_to_find_gauns_pledge

This post provides a screenshot of the menu you need to use to find your key.
Glaring_Mistake: I can't seem to find any serial key - just where is it supposed to be located?
vv221: You should look at this thread, it seems quite a lot of people have difficulties finding it, especially if using Galaxy:
https://www.gog.com/forum/pillars_of_eternity_series/how_to_find_gauns_pledge

This post provides a screenshot of the menu you need to use to find your key.
Ah, didn't think to check under the "More" tab.
Thanks for the assist.
Reever: Anyway, the story from the first game wasn't that great, at least I don't remember much. But I'll be waiting till all the DLCs have come out to play PoEII. I've also still got to play through BG...
Enebias: It's what I always say about PoE in general, story-wise and gameplay-wise: they couldn't play it safer.
For once they could do everything they wanted and make the game burst with creativity... and yet they borrowed all the possible tropes and made an as standard high fantasy game as you can get.
Obsidian has actually been much more creative when they had restraints, like when they turned upside down morality in Star Wars, made a masterpiece with Mask of The Betrayer starting from a basic D&D scenario or played with every clichè in Planescape Torment (when they were sill Balck Isle).
That's why I ciriticize them: PoE was a good game, but it could have been infinitely more!
They really needed the game to be a success, so I guess playing it safe was the best option for them.
Though it apparently doesn't look too good sales-wise for Deadfire. Hope it picks up. I want my DLCs :D
Free DLC Scalawags Pack available now:

https://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_scalawags_pack
Post edited June 22, 2018 by SeduceMePlz