It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Otherwar is a surprising mash-up of Tower Defense and Bullet Hell with the charm and classy aesthetic of the timeless pixel art.

Now, 3 new DLCs for the game that support the developers: Studio Secrets, Chronicles of Creation, and Crafting Compendium are available on GOG! And if you want to grab the base game with all of those DLCs you can do so with the Otherwar Deluxe Edition!

Studio Secrets contains a mini art book and unused art.

Chronicles of Creation contains a mini art book and unused art and a game creation progress

Crafting Compendium contains a mini art book and unused art, game creation progress, and early demos.
high rated
There currently is no deluxe edition as of this post.
high rated
Static screenshots won't tell you much about the tower defense + bullet hell game mechanisms. So here you go:

Official Trailers:
(Youtube) Otherwar Release Date Trailer (Feb. 2023)
(Youtube) Otherwar Announcement Trailer (Oct. 2022)
Post edited May 04, 2024 by g2222
high rated
tremere110: There currently is no deluxe edition as of this post.
^ this

Also, the DLCs are weirdly defined with overlapping content, adding more items in stages:
"Studio Secrets" (items A,B) << "Chronicles of Creation" (items A,B,C) << "Crafting Compendium" (items A,B,C,D)
The problem is you can add all three DLCs to GOG's shopping cart without any warnings about duplicated content.**
IMHO, this is a needlessly complicated solution. This isn't Kickstarter. Why not just offer a single complete DLC pack?

** Also, this is a nightmare for completionists again. If you buy only the largest DLC, then the other DLCs most certainly won't get ticked off as "owned" and GOG's shop system will happily suggest those in future as "more content available for your games". -.-
I'll wait and see if this elusive "Deluxe" version shows up. Maybe that will somehow solve this mess. Probably not.
Post edited May 04, 2024 by g2222
Deluxe edition is now available.
Great... So the price of the Deluxe edition actually reflects buying all three DLCs although there is this unnecessary duplication going on. I also noticed that they removed the Kickstarter-esque descriptions of the three DLC tiers (buy me a coffee, buy me a pizza, buy me a dinner). Yeah, I'm out. Dunno what's going on here. And I highly suspect that neither GOG nor the dev/pub do.

Otherwar base edition 5.89 €
Crafting Comp. DLC 2.99 €, (10% discounted 2.69€)
SUM: 8.88 €, (discounted 8.58 €)

Otherwar deluxe editon 11.38 €, (10% discounted 10.19 €)
Post edited May 06, 2024 by g2222
g2222: Also, the DLCs are weirdly defined with overlapping content, adding more items in stages:
"Studio Secrets" (items A,B) << "Chronicles of Creation" (items A,B,C) << "Crafting Compendium" (items A,B,C,D)
The problem is you can add all three DLCs to GOG's shopping cart without any warnings about duplicated content.**
IMHO, this is a needlessly complicated solution. This isn't Kickstarter. Why not just offer a single complete DLC pack?

** Also, this is a nightmare for completionists again. If you buy only the largest DLC, then the other DLCs most certainly won't get ticked off as "owned" and GOG's shop system will happily suggest those in future as "more content available for your games". -.-
I'll wait and see if this elusive "Deluxe" version shows up. Maybe that will somehow solve this mess. Probably not.
This whole shebangle reeks of the sleaziest customer-fleecing tactics EA, Ubisoft and Valve could devise if they joined to scheme against the customer masses.
(As opposed to the way they usually do, independent of each other.)

I don't care about this specific game. I find it terribly ugly and I'm not fond of bullet hells. However, I'm commenting because this awful release combo directly affects my trust in this store.

Are they actively treating us as walking moneybags, or just turning a blind eye to a publisher who does so? I don't like whatever the answer is.
Post edited May 07, 2024 by joppo