It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vote Bunnylord.

<span class="bold">Not a Hero</span> a full-throttle 2¼D shooter for Windows, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com.

<span class="bold">Not a Hero</span> is a 2¼D cover-based shooter from the guys and gals behind the quick and precise OlliOlli. Backstory? An anthropomorphic rabbit/mayoral candidate from the future, BunnyLord, needs a gun with dubious skills and zero sense of self preservation. That's you. Run, duck, slide, and flow into the next all out, full-throttle, clip-emptying mess. Choose from a roster of badasses each with their unique play style and weapons, each uniquely capable of completing the dynamically changing missions that await. The game takes advantage of a powerful, 25-years in the making, ISO-Slant™ technology to bring 2D pixel-art into an inimitable 2¼D perspective. Visit www.iso-slant.com to learn more!

You can also pick up the <span class="bold">Not a Hero: Global MegaLord Edition</span>, which includes a digital artbook, a full color digital comic, exclusive Making Of documentary, desktop backgrounds, Windows sounds (yeah), and the digital soundtrack. If you get the standard edition and ever change your mind, you can always get the upgrade later!

Follow BunnyLord, your one true leader in <span class="bold">Not a Hero</span> right now, DRM-free on GOG.com!

NOT A HERO on TWITCH.TV/GOGCOM</span>
MegapiemanPHD will vote BunnyLord, praise BunnyLord, and kill for BunnyLord this Friday, May 15th.
The stream goes live at 4pm GMT / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT
The second game I ever pre-ordered... And it's finally here :D
When will there be a mac version?
extrea: When will there be a mac version?
ABOUT 125 DAYS (AND COUNTING)
2¼D? Is that a in game joke or typo?
Cyraxpt: 2¼D? Is that a in game joke or typo?
In-game thing :)
Wow, there's definitely something fishy going on. BunnyLord won the election with only 1 vote.
Barefoot_Monkey: Wow, there's definitely something fishy going on. BunnyLord won the election with only 1 vote.
Further proof this is not a democracy. :)
Oh man, this game looks amazing! If I run into any spare cash before September I'll certainly get a copy. I really love the art style, and the game play looks uber fun. I don't know why but it kind of reminds me of some cartoons I used to really enjoy growing up. I also think it has a certain Jhonen Vasquez sense of humour for some reason. I'm positively squeeing (heh get it!?! :D) right now! ^_^ Devolver has some really amazing games.
A spammer was here. Come on GOG, when will your team find/implement a somewhat more permanent solution to this problem? I'm sick of this new wave of spam.
Post edited May 14, 2015 by hugo360pt
hugo360pt: A spammer was here. Come on GOG, when will your team find/implement a somewhat more permanent solution to this problem? I'm sick of this new wave of spam.
Every site on the internet has spam, no exceptions . Complaining about GOG specifically is pointless, even more so since they actually delete the spam posts when they see them .
Licurg: [...] they actually delete the spam posts when they see them .
Well, I've seen and reported plenty of spam posts in the wish lists and review sections that still remain. While I do understand it would be too resource and time-consuming to remove every single one I can't help but wonder if they pay any attention to spam reports.

Back on topic: this game looks wicked. I'll keep an eye out for the reviews.
Post edited May 15, 2015 by Lemon_Curry
Licurg: Every site on the internet has spam, no exceptions . Complaining about GOG specifically is pointless, even more so since they actually delete the spam posts when they see them .
I will answer you by chat message, I don't want to continue the off-topic here.
Well, just had a good solid round of the game, made it through the first week's storyline. It's rather amusing, and sufficiently vicious while also being damned silly. There are some aspects which remind me of the very good game Gunpoint, though this one focuses a lot more on direct mayhem. There is still the option to be a sneaky bastard, though sometimes the level goals get in the way of that.

Speaking of level goals, they are generally doable (so far I've managed to get the highest rank on each level, though some took many attempts). The most annoying are the time goals, because I hate it when a game rushes me along. You don't get to plot and plan on those levels, at least not if you want to hit all goals; you can basically only run-and-gun your way through. Though even then you sometimes have to be extra clever to meet the time requirements.

The characters you unlock are different enough to make their selection a tactical choice. Some levels that I couldn't make all goals on with one character were much better with another. And I'm not positive, but I think you may need to get hit all goals on levels to unlock the other characters, or at least to unlock them sooner than later.

The graphics are effective, though they do get a little confused when you are overlapping multiple enemies and can't tell if they are active, stunned, or dying. But in general you can quickly suss out what each enemy's behaviour and skills are.

Looking at the stats it seems there are a total of three "weeks" to play, plus some hidden levels. So this may be a short game overall. Not necessarily a one-day game (unless you power through it instead of going for perfect levels), but probably three afternoons at most.
Post edited May 15, 2015 by IAmSinistar
IAmSinistar: The characters you unlock are different enough to make their selection a tactical choice. Some levels that I couldn't make all goals on with one character were much better with another. And I'm not positive, but I think you may need to get hit all goals on levels to unlock the other characters, or at least to unlock them sooner than later.

(...)

Looking at the stats it seems there are a total of three "weeks" to play, plus some hidden levels. So this may be a short game overall. Not necessarily a one-day game (unless you power through it instead of going for perfect levels), but probably three afternoons at most.
To unlock other characters you must have a certain approval rating (seems to be the completion percentage, so it's influenced directly by the amount of goals accomplished), just try to "select" a locked character and you'll see the necessary % needed.

Yeah, it seems a somewhat short but highly replayable game. I'm really enjoying the game and I also like all the little details they put on it.
Post edited May 15, 2015 by hugo360pt
hugo360pt: To unlock other characters you must have a certain approval rating (seems to be the completion percentage, so it's influenced directly by the amount of goals accomplished), just try to "select" a locked character and you'll see the necessary % needed.
Ah, makes sense, thanks! So the two are related, and getting the highest ranks in each level does unlock them faster. Good deal.